Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
escape2victory

A busy summer ahead

Having not seen Sheehan play for ages, I've no idea if he would still be a first team candidate.

But the point is a good team is a unit which has it's way of playing. And each component needs to cog in with the others to make the team function efficiently.

It is not about whether Sheehan is a better player than Nils or Kenton or Maybury. It's whether he fits best into the kind of team you want to develop.

You've only got to read Karan Radwan today to know the general view....our team is bloody awful to watch on far too many occasions and that is because the players don't blend as a group.

If we want to link defence, midfield and attack we need attacking full-backs. I said it two seasons ago and the point is proved week after week on the field.

We're never going to get Neville or Heinze or Evra. But I do believe the best we have got are Stearman, Sheehan and Joe Mattock. Not defensively necessarily but for the purpose of linkage and for helping us to drive forward and become more exciting.

I have seen Sheehan play first team football perfectly well - and certainly as well as our present choices for left-back. Our results when he played were excellent overall.

The same goes for King really. He would provide a vital link that we are desperately missing. A genuine footballer who creates things and has shots, who helps join defence, midfield and attack, and who drives deep into the opposition box.

Football first and foremost is not about individuals it is about team. And that, of course, is what the Academy have most of all and what has brought them success for two years running...a known first choice team with every component geared towards the same end style wise.

How I wish our management would learn to understand that.

Having not seen Sheehan play for ages, I've no idea if he would still be a first team candidate.

But the point is a good team is a unit which has it's way of playing. And each component needs to cog in with the others to make the team function efficiently.

It is not about whether Sheehan is a better player than Nils or Kenton or Maybury. It's whether he fits best into the kind of team you want to develop.

You've only got to read Karan Radwan today to know the general view....our team is bloody awful to watch on far too many occasions and that is because the players don't blend as a group.

If we want to link defence, midfield and attack we need attacking full-backs. I said it two seasons ago and the point is proved week after week on the field.

We're never going to get Neville or Heinze or Evra. But I do believe the best we have got are Stearman, Sheehan and Joe Mattock. Not defensively necessarily but for the purpose of linkage and for helping us to drive forward and become more exciting.

I have seen Sheehan play first team football perfectly well - and certainly as well as our present choices for left-back. Our results when he played were excellent overall.

The same goes for King really. He would provide a vital link that we are desperately missing. A genuine footballer who creates things and has shots, who helps join defence, midfield and attack, and who drives deep into the opposition box.

Football first and foremost is not about individuals it is about team. And that, of course, is what the Academy have most of all and what has brought them success for two years running...a known first choice team with every component geared towards the same end style wise.

How I wish our management would learn to understand that.

Ah, Sheehans fine till someone runs at him, then it all starts going horribly wrong. Now should we play a left back who is going to get carved open by every single right winger with a bit about them in this division beacuse he can occasionly get a good ball in, errrrr......no.

Personally, I don't give a sh*t what the performances are like until the end of the season as long as we pick up the points required to stay up!

If that means playing a solid left back instead of "Thracian's Chosen men" then so be it!!!!

And that, of course, is why we make no progress. Because that is what we say all the time, and every year.

Yet it is exactly the supposedly hard to beat, "any way will do" teams which have continually left us in a such a mess. "Hard to win" would be a more appropriate handle.

Our "solid" left-backs (who have all been Chosen Men thus far) have been no more solid than any other left-back considering our goals against record of 49 conceded in 30 matches and nine more against than we've scored which is diabolical.

And it was very similar the season before.

Fans really have to put pressure on for change. But while some fans seem as fearful and negative as the management there's little chance. Cos like the football it needs to be a team effort.

Even relegation isn't the biggest danger facing us. Carrying on as we are is the biggest danger.

And if this team "saves us" again there'll be heroes and some will call for them to be "given their chance" next season just like this year and it is all so much nonsense.

"Saved us"? Saved us from what?. They didn't "Save us" last season. They put us in deeper shit than we'd ever been in throughout our history and just managed to clamber out before we were finally sucked under.

But we didn't thank providence and reshape he team. Result? We are now wallowing in the same shit again.

What does it take to get the message across that we're doing something wrong.

And that, of course, is why we make no progress. Because that is what we say all the time, and every year.

Yet it is exactly the supposedly hard to beat, "any way will do" teams which have continually left us in a such a mess. "Hard to win" would be a more appropriate handle.

Our "solid" left-backs (who have all been Chosen Men thus far) have been no more solid than any other left-back considering our goals against record of 49 conceded in 30 matches and nine more against than we've scored which is diabolical.

And it was very similar the season before.

Fans really have to put pressure on for change. But while some fans seem as fearful and negative as the management there's little chance. Cos like the football it needs to be a team effort.

Even relegation isn't the biggest danger facing us. Carrying on as we are is the biggest danger.

And if this team "saves us" again there'll be heroes and some will call for them to be "given their chance" next season just like this year and it is all so much nonsense.

"Saved us"? Saved us from what?. They didn't "Save us" last season. They put us in deeper shit than we'd ever been in throughout our history and just managed to clamber out before we were finally sucked under.

But we didn't thank providence and reshape he team. Result? We are now wallowing in the same shit again.

What does it take to get the message across that we're doing something wrong.

Something yes, not playing Sheehan is something we are doing right :thumbup:

With Dodds... you have a point.

With Sheehan, I don't believe you do. His attitude obviously isn't a good one. Add this to the fact that NEJ is a good enough left back and you have your reason he shouldn't be playing.

The fact that RK would rather play a right back there tell it's own story - RK is an idiot.

Personally, I don't give a sh*t what the performances are like until the end of the season as long as we pick up the points required to stay up!

If that means playing a solid left back instead of "Thracian's Chosen men" then so be it!!!!

Yep, if its ugly footy then so be it.

As time goes by and our results stagnate or get worse, MM must be sitting back and planning for our next manager and lets hope whoever comes in does manage to not only get some decent players in but play the game the right way with balance and direction. I wouldnt worry lovely football for now and dont care if they sign Peter Kay to hoof the ball up field to the horse as long as we stay up. AVE IT!

Archived