Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
escape2victory

A busy summer ahead

If the MM takeover does go ahead and we stay in this division then i think there will be a big turnover in the playing and coaching staff over the summer. With Johansson, Tiatto, Cadamarteri, Yeates, Horsfield and Glombard's contracts up in the summer, and i carnt see any of them being renewed, the squad will look very depleted. Also with the likes of Douglas, Hammond, DeVries and Johnson hopefully moving on then it will give us the chance to try and rebuild the squad. Would be good to see a couple more from the Academy get promoted into the first team squad next season such as King and Gradel. Id like to see a first team squad for next season something like this:

Keepers

Henderson

Logan

Defence

Maybury

Stearman

Kenton

McCarthy

Kisnorbo

McAuley

New LB

Midfield

Porter

Wesolowski

Hughes

Gradel

King

New CM - Holland ?

New LW - Hendrie ?

New RW - Eagles ?

Strikers

Hume

Fryatt

Dodds

New Striker - Todorov ?

So potentially 5 or 6 new faces could come in and 8 or 9 could leave as well as a new manager and backroom team. A busy and interesting summer awaits

The plus side to the Bosman rule is although that we are potentially losing a few players, there are plenty that we could be getting in. A few more like McAuley would be nice. Lets hope that RK or whoever at the helm pulls there fingers out and signs a few decent players on pre-contract terms. I think if MM comes in we would have a decent advantage over most in this division as he is reknowned for paying big wages and small or zero transfer fees. Get them fooking Bosmans in!

I think a pretty much fresh start is needed.

I'd keep:

Hendo, Logan, Stearman, Kisnorbo, McAuley, Porter.... and to be honest that's about it.

I wouldnt give up on Fryatt and Hume totally, well not until our midfield start creating chances for them to see if they arent upto scratch.

I think a pretty much fresh start is needed.

I'd keep:

Hendo, Logan, Stearman, Kisnorbo, McAuley, Porter.... and to be honest that's about it.

remember the adams years, toatlly new team every season... people were whinging about that aswell

I wouldnt give up on Fryatt and Hume totally, well not until our midfield start creating chances for them to see if they arent upto scratch.

don't forget wesolowski aswell, he may not of been great this season but he was good last and will come good again

remember the adams years, toatlly new team every season... people were whinging about that aswell

don't forget wesolowski aswell, he may not of been great this season but he was good last and will come good again

Yeah thats fair enough. We are going to need a big and decent squad next season and it would be great to have the likes of Weso and Fryatt to call up from the reserves (lol a reserve team would be great) as Im sure both of them as well as Levi and Stearman will get better under a better manager and having trained with a better calibre of player that we are hopefully going to bring in.

If the MM takeover does go ahead and we stay in this division then i think there will be a big turnover in the playing and coaching staff over the summer. With Johansson, Tiatto, Cadamarteri, Yeates, Horsfield and Glombard's contracts up in the summer, and i carnt see any of them being renewed, the squad will look very depleted. Also with the likes of Douglas, Hammond, DeVries and Johnson hopefully moving on then it will give us the chance to try and rebuild the squad. Would be good to see a couple more from the Academy get promoted into the first team squad next season such as King and Gradel. Id like to see a first team squad for next season something like this:

Keepers

Henderson

Logan

Defence

Maybury

Stearman

Kenton

McCarthy

Kisnorbo

McAuley

New LB

Midfield

Porter

Wesolowski

Hughes

Gradel

King

New CM - Holland ?

New LW - Hendrie ?

New RW - Eagles ?

Strikers

Hume

Fryatt

Dodds

New Striker - Todorov ?

So potentially 5 or 6 new faces could come in and 8 or 9 could leave as well as a new manager and backroom team. A busy and interesting summer awaits

The Johnson thing will all be down to wheather or not Kelly takes up the option of a second year in his contract, Kelly can relase him for nothing or keep him on his current deal for longer and ATM I'm quite confident I can guess what he'll do.

I also very confident Dodds wont be at the club next season.

The Johnson thing will all be down to wheather or not Kelly takes up the option of a second year in his contract, Kelly can relase him for nothing or keep him on his current deal for longer and ATM I'm quite confident I can guess what he'll do.

I also very confident Dodds wont be at the club next season.

Oh right, didnt realise Johnsons contract was up for renewal in the summer. Well hopefully Kelly wont be here to make that decision. Year i can see Dodds going in the summer also, probably for about 20k. Either way there should be a very different Leicester City squad next season.

Keepers

Henderson

Logan

Defence

Maybury

Stearman

Kenton

McCarthy

Kisnorbo

McAuley

New LB

Midfield

Porter

Wesolowski

Hughes

Gradel

King

New CM - Holland ?

New LW - Hendrie ?

New RW - Eagles ?

Strikers

Hume

Fryatt

Dodds

New Striker - Todorov ?

SO very true!!

Oh right, didnt realise Johnsons contract was up for renewal in the summer. Well hopefully Kelly wont be here to make that decision. Year i can see Dodds going in the summer also, probably for about 20k. Either way there should be a very different Leicester City squad next season.

Not quite up for renwal we signed him on a one year contract with the option of a second should we wish to take it.

Dodds is also out of contract and will go for free I'm afraid.

We have to offer him a deal equal to or more than his current wage, seeing as we aren't even going to offer him a deal I don't see us getting a fee.

Correct.

If MM is in by then, he MIGHT get another year I suppose.

You'd have to doubt he'll be here next season though.

Correct.

If MM is in by then, he MIGHT get another year I suppose.

You'd have to doubt he'll be here next season though.

Theres no point in him staying he needs to play some football otherwise he'll be back playing for Oadby (or whoever it was) before long.

It's better for us and him if he moves on if we aren't going to play him.

Theres no point in him staying he needs to play some football otherwise he'll be back playing for Oadby (or whoever it was) before long.

It's better for us and him if he moves on if we aren't going to play him.

I'd like our next manager to have a look at him first....

Archived