Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DanTheFoxBhoy

Tiatto to Queensland Roar?

Yeah it's for our next season which starts in August..

I thought Victory were interested in him for a while. I'd have him at Melbourne - we need a midfield trooper (even if it's a one half trooper) to play with Muscat.

Muscat and Tiatto in midfield - now that would be entertaining. Maybe get Joey Barton as well just to have the dirtiest midfield trio in the world. I see the Victory have got Adelaide in the final.

As soon as i start likeing danny, he buggers off in the summer. Supose with mandaric coming we will find a better replacement. Fair play to the lad if he wants to go back home.

I hope players like Tiatto arent part of the future of this club. Once the new owner is in Im sure a new manager will follow and hopefully some of the unrealiable players who have kept there positions in the team without consistently performing can fudge off. We need to think bigger than these average players if we want to go up.

Next season we will have (probably) 3 of the following 4 from the Premiership and all of them have strong squads and have the Premiership parachute payment to help fund new deals : West Ham, Watford, Charlton, Wigan.

From the Championship, if we say that Brum win there games inhand and take Der** up with them (god forbid but it looks odds-on), there are still some really strong squads staying down. OK one will go up via the play-offs but look at the teams that are left and they all have much better squads than us : WBA, Preston, Sunderland, Cardiff, Southampton. Then there is a tier of sides that seem ambitious like Stoke and Palace and then the under-performers who may improve next season like Leeds (if they stay up but please god sent the ****`s down), Norwich and Sheff Weds.

We need to be much stronger to get out next season or even to create a side that is capable of getting out within 2 seasons which must be MM`s target?

Muscat and Tiatto in midfield - now that would be entertaining. Maybe get Joey Barton as well just to have the dirtiest midfield trio in the world. I see the Victory have got Adelaide in the final.

If Muscat and Tiatto can juggle suspensions it could work.

Pumped for Sunday!! :D

We all hate inbreds

We all hate inbreds

We all hate inbreds

We all hate inbreds

Your mum's your dad

Your dad's your mum

You're interbred

You're Adelaide scum

Bodies in a barrel!

You keep your bodies in a barrel

Bodies in a baaaarrrreeeeel

You keep your bodies in a baaaaarel...

IPB :dunno:

I think its inevitable that he will leave at the end of the season. Good luck to him.

I think its pointless in carrying players who dont want to stay beyond the season and infact think we should have sold him and Nissa in the January window. I`ll always question if they have one eye on there next club and are not as commited to challenges as the season gets toward the backend.

I think its pointless in carrying players who dont want to stay beyond the season and infact think we should have sold him and Nissa in the January window. I`ll always question if they have one eye on there next club and are not as commited to challenges as the season gets toward the backend.

Tiatto said along time ago that he wanted to return to Aus at the end of this season.

As for Nils he should not of said that he wanted top flight football in my opinion. That is selfish. Alot like the majority of todays footballers.

Tiatto said along time ago that he wanted to return to Aus at the end of this season.

As for Nils he should not of said that he wanted top flight football in my opinion. That is selfish. Alot like the majority of todays footballers.

Players are fighting back big time now and know that they can move on and get there signing-on fees and increased wages as Bosmans. Maybe if we were a huge country geographically like Russia or the States we wouldnt have these footballers living 150 miles away and commuting. If they were like us mere mortals and had to turn up to work and make sure we are doing our best or get told to eff off, they would react differently. Imagine them actually moving to the area that the club is and uprooting there families, leaving friends and family behind and have to sell there homes everytime they changed clubs?! They would hardly transfer out unless neccasrary!

he might be a bit past it now, but he;s everything you want in a player, passion and workrate. whatever he does next season good luck to him.

I agree. He's been better than I expected this season but has still made a respectable contribution. But 60 minutes a game and injury prone is not what we want and was one of the main reasons I wouldn't have signed him even again last summer.

Source

Roar sign ex-Socceroo Tiatto

cmTIATTO_narrowweb__300x471,0.jpg

Queensland Roar have lured former Socceroos midfield dynamo Danny Tiatto home from England to the A-League.

Tiatto will return home in July after completing commitments with Leicester City to play for the Roar on a two-year deal starting next season.

Roar coach Frank Farina believes the former Manchester City Premier League player will inject steel and experience to his squad.

"In Danny we have a player that leads by example who'll drive the players around him with his enthusiasm for the game," said Farina.

"Danny has been at the top of my list for a while and as soon as we knew he was interested and available we acted quickly to sign him."

A tireless worker, Tiatto was voted Leicester City player of the year in 2005 after transferring from Manchester City.

During his six seasons at Manchester, he played 140 games for the club and was named player of the year in 2001.

Tiatto played 29 times for Australia before retiring from international football in November 2005.

Victorian-born Tiatto had talks with grand finalist Melbourne Victory which were unsuccessful, opening the door for Farina to pounce.

"Danny knows where we want to go with this club and he's very keen to be involved in our plans," said an excited Farina.

The lure of family ties in Australia convinced Tiatto it was time to come home after a decade of action in Europe.

"I'm very excited to be coming home after 11 enjoyable years overseas," Tiatto said.

"I have two young children now and both my wife and I want to be close to our respective families as they grow up."

"After speaking with Frank Farina I was delighted to sign and I'm very much looking forward to working under Frank again and helping Queensland to reach the finals for the first time," said Tiatto, who will join the Roar in July.

"Queensland are a club who are looking to build for a successful future and that is very appealing to me.

"When Frank Farina told me what the club was like, and of his plans for the team, I was very impressed with what I heard and I can't wait to get started.

"I'm very happy with my decision and I can promise the Queensland Roar fans the same type of committed performances that I've tried to produce throughout my career."

There were also rumours that he first approached Melbourne Victory but was told by Merrick that he wasn't what they were looking for.

I think its good that we have him until the end of the season as we can are getting 2 or 3 loan singings. Tiatto is a good player but for me he gets injured too often and suspended.

Archived