Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wasyls Pec Deck

Will we/can we attain promotion in 3 seasons?

Regarding the comments at the Press Conference  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Simple

• Yes
    • No

Yes for me too.

Like he said himself, he's not a patient man, and I think he knows football enough to make the right decisions at the right times. Didn't Pompey scrape up on the last day of his first season there and then go up as Champions the next year?

Yes for me too.

Like he said himself, he's not a patient man, and I think he knows football enough to make the right decisions at the right times. Didn't Pompey scrape up on the last day of his first season there and then go up as Champions the next year?

No, in fact thats nowhere near the truth, Portsmouth struggled in the Championship for years before they went up.

Yes for me too.

lol that would be nice but dream on lol

No, in fact thats nowhere near the truth, Portsmouth struggled in the Championship for years before they went up.

Haha! Told. :blush:

I still think we'll manage it in 3 though.

EDIT: Pompey did finish 4 points off relegation the season before they won the league. That's what I was thinking of :doh:

3 seasons is a long time, and it is a very possible ambition.

We all know Milan isn't going to pull multi-million pound signings out of the hat until we get to the Premiership, but a few decent signings each year should mean we're good enough for promotion before 2010.

So, a yes from me.

We all know Milan isn't going to pull multi-million pound signings out of the hat until we get to the Premiership, but a few decent signings each year should mean we're good enough for promotion before 2010.

So, a yes from me.

So, a yes from me.

Well... not for three years anyway...

We have as much chance as anyone next season, never mind three seasons.

We have some players who need to be sent to the departure lounge true, but it's not out of the question us getting promoted next season with a maximum of say 4 or 5 signings.

We are way short mate. We have bought in thiose loan signings and they will go back and I doubt that Cada`s contract will be extended. Nissa and Tiatto look set to leave as do some of the other out of contract players. We almost need a squad overhaul to compete in promotion.

I think we need to bring in 10 competent players and one or two relatiev biggies and punt out those mentioned along with the likes of AJ, Elvis and Kenton.

We are way short mate. We have bought in thiose loan signings and they will go back and I doubt that Cada`s contract will be extended. Nissa and Tiatto look set to leave as do some of the other out of contract players. We almost need a squad overhaul to compete in promotion.

I think we need to bring in 10 competent players and one or two relatiev biggies and punt out those mentioned along with the likes of AJ, Elvis and Kenton.

Sorry I mean't to say 4 or 5 big money singings.

I wouldn't be surprised if only 2 or 3 of our current team are regulars next season.

Sorry I mean't to say 4 or 5 big money singings.

I wouldn't be surprised if only 2 or 3 of our current team are regulars next season.

I dont think the funds will be there though mate. I think plenty will be made available for wages and that will be great for Bosmans (does anyone know how to get a list of OOC players in the summer as I was advised one exists somewhere on the net??) and loanees, maybe season long loans but I doubt we will have more than say £2m to spend on players in which doesnt buy that much these days. We need to be smart and maybe use MMs links in Europe for bargains (if Plymouth can get 3 cheap Hungarians we can get 3 cheap Serbians lol).

If the money is spent wisely and effectively and we do the right things well, we could well win Promotion within 3 years, but it all depends on having the right people doing the right things at the right time and doing them to a high and conistent standard.

So the complete antithisis of the last three years. Sounds a big ask to me.

I think how we do between now and the end of the season will give us an idea of how long it's going to take. If we push for the top half with the right loan signings and RK comes good with a bit of cash in hand, I reckon we could do it next season.

If we carry on scrapping away in the bottom third, we'll need a new man who'll probably take 2 seasons to do it..

Some of you lot are in for a shock if you think he's going to pure millions upon millions into this club.

It's still going to take carefull management and clever purchases to get us out this league, we aren't the only ones with money and even now we aren't the richest club in this division by a long shot.

We're still in a better position financially so if we go to prem, we can spend proper

There is no reason why not.

It won't be easy though. The increased TV money that teams in the premiership will get starting from next season, means that the relegated teams will still get £13 million minimum for 2 seasons when they come down to the Championship. That means the division will technically be even stronger to compete in.

But as has been proved in this league, it's not all about money. It's about who wants it the most and who can grind out results in this division. Anyone can beat anyone on any given day in this league, far more so than in the premiership. So it's imperitive we get the foundations right, along with spending as much money as possible to achieve premiership status.

Getting the right manager is the most important thing to do. We need someone who's got what it takes and that know's where to get the best players for the money they have available. Billy Davies has shown how to turn a crap club like ourselves in to promotion contenders within less than a year, by spending a fair amount of money but not wasting any of it. Rob Kelly isn't the man for that job, I think it would be a waste to risk allowing him to see whether he can or not.

We need a manager who is proven at this level and beyond. I'll leave that decision down to Milan, he's got a shocking track record when it comes to managers, but so have most chairman. If you can get it right at some point though, then that's what matters. We need to get it right fairly quickly and hopefully Mandaric has learnt from his mistakes he made at Pompey. He seems to be happy to admit he's made mistakes and know's how to learn from them.

This is the best i've felt in regard to Leicester City for nearly 7 years. I am eternally grateful for this chance we have as a club to possibly compete with the best teams in this country once again.

I'll drink to that. Tomorrow, it's fair to say i'll have a hefty hangover.

Word to the Mandaric.

Great post, spot on!

:thumbup:

Archived