Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wasyls Pec Deck

Will we/can we attain promotion in 3 seasons?

Regarding the comments at the Press Conference  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Simple

• Yes
    • No

There is no reason why not.

It won't be easy though. The increased TV money that teams in the premiership will get starting from next season, means that the relegated teams will still get £13 million minimum for 2 seasons when they come down to the Championship. That means the division will technically be even stronger to compete in.

But as has been proved in this league, it's not all about money. It's about who wants it the most and who can grind out results in this division. Anyone can beat anyone on any given day in this league, far more so than in the premiership. So it's imperitive we get the foundations right, along with spending as much money as possible to achieve premiership status.

Getting the right manager is the most important thing to do. We need someone who's got what it takes and that know's where to get the best players for the money they have available. Billy Davies has shown how to turn a crap club like ourselves in to promotion contenders within less than a year, by spending a fair amount of money but not wasting any of it. Rob Kelly isn't the man for that job, I think it would be a waste to risk allowing him to see whether he can or not.

We need a manager who is proven at this level and beyond. I'll leave that decision down to Milan, he's got a shocking track record when it comes to managers, but so have most chairman. If you can get it right at some point though, then that's what matters. We need to get it right fairly quickly and hopefully Mandaric has learnt from his mistakes he made at Pompey. He seems to be happy to admit he's made mistakes and know's how to learn from them.

This is the best i've felt in regard to Leicester City for nearly 7 years. I am eternally grateful for this chance we have as a club to possibly compete with the best teams in this country once again.

I'll drink to that. Tomorrow, it's fair to say i'll have a hefty hangover.

Word to the Mandaric.

I think our major Problems are consistancy and the depth of our squad. You just have to look at the Fulham and Villa cup games this year. If we get attain that sort of form week in week out we'll be contenders.

When people say the teams coming down our vastly better than the championship I think they are wrong. The bottom 10 Premiership sides aren't that much better than the championship sides.

Its a yes for me.

Once again, no offence to RK but I dont think he is the man to do it. If he is here I`ll back him all the way but I think you need to be brave in your decision making to go up and RK seems to get stuck in a rut and once again, seems to be the players mate more than a manager.

I think its possible to do it within 3 years but it will get more and more difficult with all this premier money about. The relegated Premiership clubs will be strong favourites to go straight back up so ideally we would want pant steams like Sheff Utd and Watford to come down and not the West Ham and Charltons who shouldnt have many problems in getting automatic promotion the following season.

On the plus side to all this premier money being made available, I think we will see continued purchases from abroad from the lower clubs which may mean alot more decent players available to the championship sides like ours (ones with a future). Sheff Utd was the perfect example in the Jan window buying these unheard of foreigners (we`ll I didnt know them lol) and I think many more will follow in the summer. We need luck and plenty of it but if we can get behind the MM regime I think we will make it within 3 seasons.

Some of you lot are in for a shock if you think he's going to pure millions upon millions into this club.

It's still going to take carefull management and clever purchases to get us out this league, we aren't the only ones with money and even now we aren't the richest club in this division by a long shot.

Not trying to sound optimistic but we still havent maintained safety in the championship for this season yet, we need to put this relegation battle to bed first. :dunno:

Its a fair point but Im sure that the confirmed news of MM today will actually spur on the fans and players just like it usually does when a new manager comes in. The place is buzzing at the moment and I am hoping that will be carried forward on the pitch starting saturday. Lets hope its a bumper crowd to start that march to safety.

Archived