Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Current Safety Issue

Standing is an ever increasing issue at Filbert way now. With the new N block and long standing L block and top of the Kop.

Are the supporters any less safe if they stand?

Stewards and Police stand at the football are they unsafe?

Is it only en mass when it becomes unsafe?

Why would H & S have issues with safety with those who stand?

Are the sencitivities of Hillsborough still to raw to allow standing at major matches?

Is this red tape gone mad?

Are those who stand a danger to those also standing around them?

I think these are reasonable questions on safety at the football that i may not have all the info on, can i be enlightened as i don't see that coppers or stewards are unsafe so why is it not allowed for some to stand but others can?

there is no safety issue mate. its something like 1 in 100,000 people who stand at a football match infront of their seat have an injury. more people trap there fingers in the seat when sitting down.

rock concerts people stand in seated area do they get injured --no?

at half time when the whole stadium stands up have you ever seen an injury? no..

there is no argument its just a law that has always been there since the "bad days" and is outdated now.

Standing is an ever increasing issue at Filbert way now. With the new N block and long standing L block and top of the Kop.

Are the supporters any less safe if they stand?

Stewards and Police stand at the football are they unsafe?

Is it only en mass when it becomes unsafe?

Why would H & S have issues with safety with those who stand?

Are the sencitivities of Hillsborough still to raw to allow standing at major matches?

Is this red tape gone mad?

Are those who stand a danger to those also standing around them?

I think these are reasonable questions on safety at the football that i may not have all the info on, can i be enlightened as i don't see that coppers or stewards are unsafe so why is it not allowed for some to stand but others can?

Although I am in principle in favour of standing, I believe that the health and safety issue is that if one fat guy at the back fell over onto the guy in front, it could cause a domino effect and a lot of people would get hurt.

I went to the emirates last week. EVERYONE stands for the entire game and not a squeak out of the stewards :dunno:

there is no safety issue mate. its something like 1 in 100,000 people who stand at a football match infront of their seat have an injury. more people trap there fingers in the seat when sitting down.

at half time when the whole stadium stands up have you ever seen an injury? no..

there is no argument its just a law that has always been there since the "bad days" and is outdated now.

Agreed John, if this ultra movement is to be hamperd by H&S then we should know what their beef is!

I can't see and dangers but they have a crusade to tell people like me to sit down, I just don't get that at all :rolleyes:

In all fairness to the security people and the Health and Safety guys at our club, they're a lot more lenient on standing at the ground than you might think. They only come across more strict when the Safety Advisory Groups begin giving them a hard time and threaten to close down certain areas of the ground on matchdays (which they apparently have the power to do). Blame them not the club. :thumbup:

In all fairness to the security people and the Health and Safety guys at our club, they're a lot more lenient on standing at the ground than you might think. They only come across more strict when the Safety Advisory Groups begin giving them a hard time and threaten to close down certain areas of the ground on matchdays (which they apparently have the power to do). Blame them not the club. :thumbup:

Well where do they get the information to advise that sitting is safer than standing?

Although I am in principle in favour of standing, I believe that the health and safety issue is that if one fat guy at the back fell over onto the guy in front, it could cause a domino effect and a lot of people would get hurt.

I went to the emirates last week. EVERYONE stands for the entire game and not a squeak out of the stewards :dunno:

Not if there are barriers at every level like there is modern designed standing areas

standing.jpg

Well where do they get the information to advise that sitting is safer than standing?

I have absolutely no idea - maybe instead of being lazy you could research it yourself? :P

All I'm saying is that the SAGs get on at the club about standing every now and again when it becomes more prominent (like L1, like the back of the Kop and no doubt like N if it was continuous). The club then have to act on it or they risk having areas of their ground shut down and having to refuse income and supporters.

this domino effect has never happended though has it, there isnt a recorded injury directly as a result of standing.

and also the safety advisory group will not close N,L or the kop because 500 fans stand.

around 30 other clubs have thousands that stand every week , they will not worry about leicester.

they havent closed down any areas yet and thousands stand at say west ham, tottenham every game.

standup and sing and fcuk the safety bollocks :thumbup:

this domino effect has never happended though has it, there isnt a recorded injury directly as a result of standing.

and also the safety advisory group will not close N,L or the kop because 500 fans stand.

around 30 other clubs have thousands that stand every week , they will not worry about leicester.

they havent closed down any areas yet and thousands stand at say west ham, tottenham every game.

:appl: Now i'm with Johnny boy!

But clubs, like Leeds and Cardiff, have had their allocations cut, at away games certainly, for persistent standing.

But clubs, like Leeds and Cardiff, have had their allocations cut, at away games certainly, for persistent standing.

thats because their away fans stand. not because of their home fans.

and to be fair if we had an allocation cut i couldnt give a crap, we wouldnt sell the full allocation anyway lol and do those fans care no. id rather not be able to get a ticket for every tenth away match and stand and enjoy others and this is what the majority of away fans from these clubs think. do leeds cardiff manu newcastle west ham liverpool who have had allocations cut now sit down- no they dont because theyd rather enjoy the matches they can get too and not start abiding by ridiculous rules.

:thumbup:

I often cause my self pain and injury when celebrating a goal usually catching my knees on the seats infront!! done it many times must be some sort of freak don't moan or complain though!!

as for the club try to get people to sit down well they are only following the rules and legislation, persistent standing ends up with reduction in ticket allocation, closure of areas, heavy fines and the threat of closing the entire ground.

people can't really take issue with the clubs imo but as you say maybe the law itself is outdated

I often cause my self pain and injury when celebrating a goal usually catching my knees on the seats infront!! done it many times must be some sort of freak don't moan or complain though!!

as for the club try to get people to sit down well they are only following the rules and legislation, persistent standing ends up with reduction in ticket allocation, closure of areas, heavy fines and the threat of closing the entire ground.

people can't really take issue with the clubs imo but as you say maybe the law itself is outdated

1) your first 2 sentences are another reason why safe standing areas should be introduced :thumbup:

2) the part in bold- i know the clubs are under pressure but i feel they should be telling the FLA what many of their fans want (standing accomodation) instead of ejecting them( though to be fair our club is superbly lenient). Also you say it ends up with reduced allocations, only about 5 clubs have had reduced allocations for away matches because their away support stands. No area has ever been closed and simply wont be and the threat of an entire ground being closed is ridiculous because as standupsitdown say the odds dont add up and challenged in court there is no logical safety argument as they claim its for safety.

im not sure if clubs have been fined due to their fans standing so i cant comment on that but im not aware of it.

i think its a joke, whats so dangerous about standing up. i stand up every game and no-one complains

same :cool:

EDIT: i think your a serious safety hazard and the police should spend time making you sit down rather than spending money on anti social behaviour, crime etc to help benefit public safety :thumbup::huh:

thats because their away fans stand. not because of their home fans.

and to be fair if we had an allocation cut i couldnt give a crap, we wouldnt sell the full allocation anyway lol and do those fans care no. id rather not be able to get a ticket for every tenth away match and stand and enjoy others and this is what the majority of away fans from these clubs think. do leeds cardiff manu newcastle west ham liverpool who have had allocations cut now sit down- no they dont because theyd rather enjoy the matches they can get too and not start abiding by ridiculous rules.

Yet again, John, you fail to get the point. You were inferring that if we stood, nothing would happen. I was merely pointing out that the authorities have already punished other clubs. The whys and wherefores don't matter.

And I'm glad that you feel happy to flount the rules. I'm sure you would have the same attitude if the game they chose was a 'biggy', and sold out before you had the chance to get your tickets.

The powers that be would be aware of the numbers we are taking away, and would tell the home club to sell a section in accordance with that. It's what has happened at the WS with Leeds, Cardiff etc.

Archived