Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Flynny

How many points does Kelly need to keep his job?

I dunno about Ince, he could be a decent manager it it could be a "honeymoon" period with Mcaclesfield, but like Roy Keane he should have the respect of the players, having played at the highest level etc. Or they might hate him because he could be a big-headed cock :P But I don't know him so I can't comment. :dunno:

That's why we should wait until the end of the season.

We'll know if it's a honeymoon period by the end of the season. :thumbup:

I'm not sure how you can justify Paul Ince as manager. Granted, he's doing a good job at Macclesfield (so far), but he's only been there for 22 games - less than half a season.

I agree with your point, but to say he's done a good job there is selling the bloke short some what, he has worked a absloute miracle at that club, they were dead and burried when he got there.

I'm not sure how you can justify Paul Ince as manager. Granted, he's doing a good job at Macclesfield (so far), but he's only been there for 22 games - less than half a season.

Some people look for ages at people and never make their mind up - others take one look and know. It's the way of things.

People mocked the idea that Keane would make an immediate impact at Sunderland and Ince will be no different.

His performance at Macclesfield has already been immense. Beyond all reasonable expectation.

Quality footballers, strong people, bags of experience in coaching/training/match preparation, loads of valuable contacts throughout the game, awareness of pressures, youth, energy, determination...

They both tick so many boxes as potential managers who could stand beside them on a short-list?

Some people look for ages at people and never make their mind up - others take one look and know. It's the way of things.

People mocked the idea that Keane would make an immediate impact at Sunderland and Ince will be no different.

His performance at Macclesfield has already been immense. Beyond all reasonable expectation.

Quality footballers, strong people, bags of experience in coaching/training/match preparation, loads of valuable contacts throughout the game, awareness of pressures, youth, energy, determination...

They both tick so many boxes as potential managers who could stand beside them on a short-list?

Had someone told the those people that Keane would be given about 6 million to spend on arrival and even more in January I'm sure they wouldn't of mocked.

It's got more to do with how we play rather then how many points we win.

MM will monitor RK until the end of the season and if he likes what he see's he'll keep him if not he'll get rid.

I agree. If things look up, and the new personnel RK brings in do well, I think MM will base his decision on that.

I'm fairly confident that Milan has pretty much made his mind up that a new manager will be number one on the agenda come the end of the season, regardless of the points total Kelly manages to achieve.

Surely Milan is aware that, in order to fulfill his 3 year objective, he will need a proven, more experienced man in charge (whoever the hell that may be. I've no idea).

As long as we don't get relegated I'm not particularly bothered what points total we get (obviously an improvement on last seasonwould be nice). For me the real action starts in the summer.

I don't think he has made his mind up either way. MM is very shrewd, and come the end of the season if he thinks RK is doing a very good job, he will stick with him rather that pay out for a new manager.

I agree with your point, but to say he's done a good job there is selling the bloke short some what, he has worked a absloute miracle at that club, they were dead and burried when he got there.

sorry, are you talking about Ince or Kelly?

Im not saying this is right and that I agree with it but as I said on another thread earlier, Im almost certain that MM has made his mind up and will bring in his own man. In his press conference he admitted that he had spoken to many people including Dowie. I`m sure he knows who will be available in the summer and I think he already has a manager in mind to come in and spend his money.

RK will do for now and is low risk because he hasnt got any money to spend and can only deal in loans but MM likes to suggest his own players (apparently that used to wind Redknapp up) and I reckon he`ll bring in a few players and a new manager come June.

Poor RK hasnt impressed this season and at one stage had MM not taken over, looked like guiding us smoothly into the relegation zone. God knows what would have happened if MM didnt take over or completely pulled out a few weeks ago. All that being said, unless we win most of our games and somehow get in or near the play-offs, I think RK will be out.

Poor RK hasnt impressed this season and at one stage had MM not taken over, looked like guiding us smoothly into the relegation zone. God knows what would have happened if MM didnt take over or completely pulled out a few weeks ago. All that being said, unless we win most of our games and somehow get in or near the play-offs, I think RK will be out.

i'm not denying that we'll finish higher this season because of MM, but i never thought for 1 moment we'd go down.

i'm not denying that we'll finish higher this season because of MM, but i never thought for 1 moment we'd go down.

Two weeks ago I did mate. With all the sides around us picking up points and MM had looked to have dissapeared when his mum fell ill, I honestly had some terrible images in my head but then again, I have issues! :thumbup: It was around the same time that we had sold about 4 players and hadnt had one loanee in (probably Jan 30th). Anyway, thats history now. MM is here and we are looking upwards after a couple of decent results.

Two weeks ago I did mate. With all the sides around us picking up points and MM had looked to have dissapeared when his mum fell ill, I honestly had some terrible images in my head but then again, I have issues! :thumbup: It was around the same time that we had sold about 4 players and hadnt had one loanee in (probably Jan 30th). Anyway, thats history now. MM is here and we are looking upwards after a couple of decent results.

Kelly deserves quite a lot of credit for that. The long-running Mandaric saga was a constant destabilising influence, the current loanees were all paid for with the Gareth Williams money, and we started our improved streak before the takeover was properly done.

Sure, we're riding high on a wave of optimism with Mandaric, but after 3 loan signings and 4 points from two games, we'd have been happier anyway, if not quite at the same euphoric levels.

Mandaric has had no real input into the club as of yet, and we're pretty much safe now anyway, and looking stronger. To claim Kelly's had nothing to do with that is balls.

The bar has been raised for Kelly, past this season, no longer is survival acceptable etc.

Looking at the big picture, Kelly will have to do alot to convince me, it's not just the points i'm interested in, it's the performance of his team and himself. He will have to show that he's more then just coach, and actually show some tactical nouse, which to be honest he has shown so little!!!!

Rob Kelly is not good enough to take us to where we want to be, supposing he signed a fleet of talent that would walk this division with the backing of Mandaric's millions he still does not possess the authority or the brains to keep a consistancy within a group of footballers. A source of mine at the club said that when Kelly has a go at the players they simply laugh at him, hes tried to be their best mate rather than their boss, going into games with an apprehensive approach as to how the opposition are going to hurt us and not how we're going to hurt them. Its going to take a stronger man than Kelly who commands the respect of the players, maybe even adding a fear factor to them, whatever it is i'm sure Mandaric will find the right man because Rob Kelly is not the right man for me.

Kelly deserves quite a lot of credit for that. The long-running Mandaric saga was a constant destabilising influence, the current loanees were all paid for with the Gareth Williams money, and we started our improved streak before the takeover was properly done.

Sure, we're riding high on a wave of optimism with Mandaric, but after 3 loan signings and 4 points from two games, we'd have been happier anyway, if not quite at the same euphoric levels.

Mandaric has had no real input into the club as of yet, and we're pretty much safe now anyway, and looking stronger. To claim Kelly's had nothing to do with that is balls.

Ive said it many times before, RK needs to be remembered as a solid contributor to Leicester City, especially what he did last season. This season started awfully and has been inconsistent since. Winless months in November and January are down to the manager and our current plight is down to him. We can all thank our lucky stars that MM is here or else we could be talking of going down with the dirty Leeds.

Back to RK, he has had limited chances in the transfer market and has done quite well with his deals by selling the crap when he could and bringing in some decent players for nothing. He does seem quite good at getting the right players in as he has proven with the loanees and selling the likes of Momo, Low and COG but the club is approaching a new era and we need to reflect our ambition in bringing in someone who can take us to another level and I think that MM already has someone in mind. I just hope he doesnt bring in some foreign coach who hasnt got a clue about English football like he did with Pompey with Perrin and Zajec. He also isnt scared of getting untried managers in like Claridge and Rix (message to all youth team players....lock up your girlfriends!). If he plans on bringing in someone young like Paul Ince I`d much prefer to keep RK!

• 1 month later...
Ive said it many times before, RK needs to be remembered as a solid contributor to Leicester City, especially what he did last season. This season started awfully and has been inconsistent since. Winless months in November and January are down to the manager and our current plight is down to him. We can all thank our lucky stars that MM is here or else we could be talking of going down with the dirty Leeds.

Back to RK, he has had limited chances in the transfer market and has done quite well with his deals by selling the crap when he could and bringing in some decent players for nothing. He does seem quite good at getting the right players in as he has proven with the loanees and selling the likes of Momo, Low and COG but the club is approaching a new era and we need to reflect our ambition in bringing in someone who can take us to another level and I think that MM already has someone in mind. I just hope he doesnt bring in some foreign coach who hasnt got a clue about English football like he did with Pompey with Perrin and Zajec. He also isnt scared of getting untried managers in like Claridge and Rix (message to all youth team players....lock up your girlfriends!). If he plans on bringing in someone young like Paul Ince I`d much prefer to keep RK!

You've still not said why you're so against Paul Ince. And our loanees range from average to seriously south of average.

Archived