Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Flynny

How many points does Kelly need to keep his job?

I know some people will want Kelly out however well we do unless we somehow reach the play-offs or something, but how many points do you think Kelly needs on the board by the end of the season to keep his job? Try to answerhow many you'd want for you to keep him on, and what you think Milan would require to keep him on.

For me, I'd need us to be on around 60 points total by the end of the season to justify keeping him on, possibly a bit more.

I think Milan would want something similar, probably even a bit more, but 60 (61, in fact) is 1.5 points a game, which over the course of a season is nearly play-off form. Palace were in there with 75 poiints last season, which is 1.63 points a game, but the table is tighter this season. True 'play-off form' based on last season would require us to reach 63 points by the end of the season. Pretty doable, even for RK.

I don't know about exact amount of points but a bit of consistency is going to be required. That doesn't mean we have to win every game but be able to bounce straight back and get on a run of wins following a setback. A draw at Burnley would be forgivable if we then beat WBA at home. It's when a draw becomes a five match without a win streak that won't be acceptable if we want to seriously push for promotion next season. We've had decent runs without a defeat, maybe a few too many draws during these runs, and lengthy runs without a win too this season. We've drawn almost a third of our games. If we had won half of them and lost half we'd be five points better off than we are which would put us top half.

most of the sides that go on long impressive runs have one thing in common a reliable 20+ goalscorer. Johnson did it single-handed for Palace under Dowie- we don't have anyone who looks like getting even half that, therefore I suspect we will stumble along and pick up results against sides having a slump in form rather than setting the agenda ourselves

most of the sides that go on long impressive runs have one thing in common a reliable 20+ goalscorer. Johnson did it single-handed for Palace under Dowie- we don't have anyone who looks like getting even half that, therefore I suspect we will stumble along and pick up results against sides having a slump in form rather than setting the agenda ourselves

Horsfield could realistically net you 15-20 a season. Hell with a decent midfield so could Hume. And if the Dickov rumours are true...

He isn't good enough and doesn't warrant being at the Club, just like Tim Davies.

For the life of me I can not understand why people are so keen to keep with the mediocre (and that is being more than generous) riff raff of the last 3 years. We have the perfect opportunity to breakaway from the depths we have plummeted to and keeping the failures that are Kelly and Davies is not going to help.

Nice guy :dunno: couldn't give a toss I want LCFC to be successful with good people and winners :thumbup:

He isn't good enough and doesn't warrant being at the Club, just like Tim Davies.

For the life of me I can not understand why people are so keen to keep with the mediocre (and that is being more than generous) riff raff of the last 3 years. We have the perfect opportunity to breakaway from the depths we have plummeted to and keeping the failures that are Kelly and Davies is not going to help.

Nice guy :dunno: couldn't give a toss I want LCFC to be successful with good people and winners :thumbup:

If we went on a rampage and won 10 of the next 14, you'd stick by that?

I said it last season when we were pulling away from relegation, you can tell a winner and he isn't one.

All this play-off talk lol

I agree talk of play-offs is ludicrous, I'm just talking about where you put your limits. Football is a results game, I don't care what type of bloke he is, myself, so long as he gets the results, and if he doesn't, he should go.

I know some people will want Kelly out however well we do unless we somehow reach the play-offs or something, but how many points do you think Kelly needs on the board by the end of the season to keep his job? Try to answerhow many you'd want for you to keep him on, and what you think Milan would require to keep him on.

For me, I'd need us to be on around 60 points total by the end of the season to justify keeping him on, possibly a bit more.

I think Milan would want something similar, probably even a bit more, but 60 (61, in fact) is 1.5 points a game, which over the course of a season is nearly play-off form. Palace were in there with 75 poiints last season, which is 1.63 points a game, but the table is tighter this season. True 'play-off form' based on last season would require us to reach 63 points by the end of the season. Pretty doable, even for RK.

:nono: It'll be 67 at the very very least.

No, not to REACH the playoffs, but to have exhibited form that if sustained COULD reach the playoffs next season.

I knew I'd phrased that clumsily.

oh right, I was gonna say about 4 teams would have to totally collapse for us even to consider getting into the play offs with less than 70 points.

Not that this we ever ever happen

Anything higher than 15th will show some post Levein improvement but I don't think he will manage it.

I'd be very happy with 12th.

I'm fairly confident that Milan has pretty much made his mind up that a new manager will be number one on the agenda come the end of the season, regardless of the points total Kelly manages to achieve.

Surely Milan is aware that, in order to fulfill his 3 year objective, he will need a proven, more experienced man in charge (whoever the hell that may be. I've no idea).

As long as we don't get relegated I'm not particularly bothered what points total we get (obviously an improvement on last seasonwould be nice). For me the real action starts in the summer.

oh right, I was gonna say about 4 teams would have to totally collapse for us even to consider getting into the play offs with less than 70 points.

Not that this we ever ever happen

Anything higher than 15th will show some post Levein improvement but I don't think he will manage it.

I'd be very happy with 12th.

Agree. Anywhere 10-14 is definite improvement. How many points did we end with last 2 years?

I'm fairly confident that Milan has pretty much made his mind up that a new manager will be number one on the agenda come the end of the season, regardless of the points total Kelly manages to achieve.

Surely Milan is aware that, in order to fulfill his 3 year objective, he will need a proven, more experienced man in charge (whoever the hell that may be. I've no idea).

As long as we don't get relegated I'm not particularly bothered what points total we get (obviously an improvement on last seasonwould be nice). For me the real action starts in the summer.

Worthington.

Bags of experience (400+ games) and Division One Champion a few years back. :thumbup:

I can't think of anyone else readily available so similarly qualified. :ph34r:

Although Micky Adams once got promoted from this division. :ph34r:

There's also Warnock, but he wouldn't leave Sheffield and he's retiring within two years anyway. :mellow:

Agree. Anywhere 10-14 is definite improvement. How many points did we end with last 2 years?

57 (04/05)

54 (05/06) - despite Craig's best efforts. :P

I don't know about exact amount of points but a bit of consistency is going to be required. That doesn't mean we have to win every game but be able to bounce straight back and get on a run of wins following a setback. A draw at Burnley would be forgivable if we then beat WBA at home. It's when a draw becomes a five match without a win streak that won't be acceptable if we want to seriously push for promotion next season. We've had decent runs without a defeat, maybe a few too many draws during these runs, and lengthy runs without a win too this season. We've drawn almost a third of our games. If we had won half of them and lost half we'd be five points better off than we are which would put us top half.

Absolutely. ;):thumbup: Hopefully a change in line up will cure that problem. :unsure::whistle:

But it's not quite the perfect opportunity is it? Where is the perfect replacement for our imperfect manager?

My own preferred alternative should Kelly fall short of MM expectations, is Paul Ince, but that name has hardly been greeted with raptures.

Rob Kelly's managerial record on Soccerbase reads:

P54 W20 L19 D15

Or 75 points from 54 games. Or close to 1.5 points a game and roughly equivalent to a place on the edge of the top 10 so far.

That is quite a respectable record in the circumstances, even if the on-field pictures have been black and white rather than glorious technicolour. So why the need to be hasty at this time?

Who would the replacement be?

I've seen what endless change seems to have done for Leeds and for Coventry. Nothing that's helped them.

I've also seen signs lately of improvement at Leicester. Of teams that are better balanced.

Our League position suggests we can afford to be patient.

But it's not quite the perfect opportunity is it? Where is the perfect replacement for our imperfect manager?

My own preferred alternative should Kelly fall short of MM expectations, is Paul Ince, but that name has hardly been greeted with raptures.

Rob Kelly's managerial record on Soccerbase reads:

P54 W20 L19 D15

Or 75 points from 54 games. Or close to 1.5 points a game and roughly equivalent to a place on the edge of the top 10 so far.

That is quite a respectable record in the circumstances, even if the on-field pictures have been black and white rather than glorious technicolour. So why the need to be hasty at this time?

Who would the replacement be?

I've seen what endless change seems to have done for Leeds and for Coventry. Nothing that's helped them.

I've also seen signs lately of improvement at Leicester. Of teams that are better balanced.

Our League position suggests we can afford to be patient.

agreed with all that except paul ince.

agreed with all that except paul ince.

I dunno about Ince, he could be a decent manager it it could be a "honeymoon" period with Mcaclesfield, but like Roy Keane he should have the respect of the players, having played at the highest level etc. Or they might hate him because he could be a big-headed cock :P But I don't know him so I can't comment. :dunno:

Archived