Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

Kelly in hunt for premier player

Anyone of these i reckon, Berger and Newton are the only ones i will be happy at rather than the other 3.

God hope its not mark pembridge

Patrik Berger

David Thompson

Mark Pembridge

John Oster

Shaun Newton

Hasn't Thompson only just joined Bolton. :S

"All of us including Milan have been very active. We are working in a different market now and he has his own level of knowledge, has great contacts abroad and in the Premier League where he operated and has been a real help."

R.Kelly

:laugh:

Very telling, the man brought in because of his knowledge of the English game doesn't have the contacts to do the job himself.

Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio :wave:

10 Premiership games... so at least 110 players. lol

Not exactly a narrow field, is it? :ph34r:

Surely if there is 10 games there will be 220 players....2 teams in a football match these days!

Also, my money is on a player not in the current squad of any premiership club. As why would you come to us and risk being left out for Jarrett, Johnson, Yeates and co!! :ph34r:

Surely if there is 10 games there will be 220 players....2 teams in a football match these days!

Also, my money is on a player not in the current squad of any premiership club. As why would you come to us and risk being left out for Jarrett, Johnson, Yeates and co!! :ph34r:

I said 10 games but I actually meant 10 teams in action - 5 games. ;)

Ahhh i see!!! Well I reckon Kelly might be playing up to the hype to create some excitement between fans...maybe the deal never got off the ground and he's just embarrassed!!

Like Cov's investment plans allegedly :P , fancy bigging that up just to get Dowie lol

I dislike he January transfer window because prices are inflated and no club either fighting relegation, challenging for a European spot and/or the title want to let any players go. This additional loan period thing is even worse because Prem clubs who release players cant get replacements in like they would have been able to during January.

Thankfully, we are as good as staying up so the mad panic to bring players in isnt that neccasary, although the security blanket of an extra player or two would be great. However, If I was Milan Mandaric or RK I would spend my energies scouting the world for Bosmans or players who are expected to play a big part in our future from next season. Maybe it would be an idea now to keep the loanees we have but bring in a couple of these kids we have like King and Gradel that I hear so much about to see what they have got to offer. Again, I only suggest this because of the timing and we are as good as staying up.

I dislike he January transfer window because prices are inflated and no club either fighting relegation, challenging for a European spot and/or the title want to let any players go. This additional loan period thing is even worse because Prem clubs who release players cant get replacements in like they would have been able to during January.

Thankfully, we are as good as staying up so the mad panic to bring players in isnt that neccasary, although the security blanket of an extra player or two would be great. However, If I was Milan Mandaric or RK I would spend my energies scouting the world for Bosmans or players who are expected to play a big part in our future from next season. Maybe it would be an idea now to keep the loanees we have but bring in a couple of these kids we have like King and Gradel that I hear so much about to see what they have got to offer. Again, I only suggest this because of the timing and we are as good as staying up.

I doubt that would appeal to Kelly with or without the Mandaric Millions, last season, after we were safe he continued with the same players and refused to blood any youngsters on the premise that we wanted to finish the season on a high.

Exactly the opposite happened the 'first teamers' lost all interest as we slumped to a miserable end to the season. The young players would have had a greater incentive to perform, but RK seems to be somewhat blinkered in his outlook and is certainly not forward thinking,

I also have grave doubts on his reputation of bringing on young players as he only does it when he has no other options, it not a planned development approach.

I doubt that would appeal to Kelly with or without the Mandaric Millions, last season, after we were safe he continued with the same players and refused to blood any youngsters on the premise that we wanted to finish the season on a high.

Exactly the opposite happened the 'first teamers' lost all interest as we slumped to a miserable end to the season. The young players would have had a greater incentive to perform, but RK seems to be somewhat blinkered in his outlook and is certainly not forward thinking,

I also have grave doubts on his reputation of bringing on young players as he only does it when he has no other options, it not a planned development approach.

Most managers who are safe and havent much to play for use the last set of games to try a few reserve or youth players and we should be no exception. I dont watch the youths and know little about them but what is obvious is that they are succesful at that level and who knows, one or two may playa big part within the club next season if they impress in the last lets say, 6 to 8 games?

The only negative thing with MMs type of deals is that he likes to bring in ready made players who maybe past there best but can still do a good job for this level. That inturn limits the chances of kids coming through the system. The back end of this season may be our only chance to test a few of the kids in the next few years!

Righto... so who's playing Saturday, and who's had any recent last minute injuries etc to wide players from those already mentioned??

The teams who are playing on saturday that have had a notable injury are Reading. Convey out for the season, Oster could well have been a target! Good work Manwell.

Any other reported injuries this week from the teams playing saturday? Middlesborough?

The teams who are playing on saturday that have had a notable injury are Reading. Convey out for the season, Oster could well have been a target! Good work Manwell.

Any other reported injuries this week from the teams playing saturday? Middlesborough?

Its not Oster as he only signed a new contract 3 weeks ago. http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...=108&cpid=8

Most managers who are safe and havent much to play for use the last set of games to try a few reserve or youth players and we should be no exception. I dont watch the youths and know little about them but what is obvious is that they are succesful at that level and who knows, one or two may playa big part within the club next season if they impress in the last lets say, 6 to 8 games?

The only negative thing with MMs type of deals is that he likes to bring in ready made players who maybe past there best but can still do a good job for this level. That inturn limits the chances of kids coming through the system. The back end of this season may be our only chance to test a few of the kids in the next few years!

We've tried the youngster route under Levein and Kelly and we've results wise there has been no significant improvement from the has been era under Adams. I like to watch a home grown youngster come through the ranks, it's one of the best parts for a fan. I really bought in to what Levein tried to do here with building a team that could play together for several years, but it's took us no nearer to challenging for promotion in this league. Mandaric has experienced success before, he knows what it takes. I would hope if we have a decent set of youngsters coming through that they'll get a chance alongside some quality experienced players.

We've tried the youngster route under Levein and Kelly and we've results wise there has been no significant improvement from the has been era under Adams. I like to watch a home grown youngster come through the ranks, it's one of the best parts for a fan. I really bought in to what Levein tried to do here with building a team that could play together for several years, but it's took us no nearer to challenging for promotion in this league. Mandaric has experienced success before, he knows what it takes. I would hope if we have a decent set of youngsters coming through that they'll get a chance alongside some quality experienced players.

Dont get me wrong mate, I actually want experienced Premiership players who still have a lot to offer this level to come down here (Todorov, Murphy, Stefanovic etc etc) but what I am saying is that our kids this season have excelled at that level but we dont know how good they are because we havent loaned them out and we havent a reserve team to judge them against better/older players. All I am suggesting is maybe sling some kids in once we are safe from the drop. It wouldnt be the first time that a player has come from nowhere to "why wasnt he playing months ago" chats!

If you look at Blackburn, this season Matt Derbyshire was arguably 5th or 6th choice striker but due to injuries and suspensions, they threw him in and he has coped really well. Newcastle have had to play youngsters due to the injuries they have suffered and defender Paul Huntingdon has emerged from the few kids they have been forced to play with a lot of respect. He may be challenging for a place in the first team next season coming from nowhere. There are a few at our level who have come from nowhere also.

BTW I wouldnt have risked the kids at the start of the season or when points were needed as were stare relegation in the face, but I`d sling a few in for 6-10 games once we are safe from relegation to see what they can do. We may have a good un amongst them and if we have any COGs in there who cant step up, lets get rid!

Yes :thumbup: I really hope that King and Gradel get some games under their belts nearer the end of the season. I'm sure MM and now RK know of some Eastern European players we could get !!

In general, Eastern Europeans do much better over here than South American players IMO

Yes :thumbup: I really hope that King and Gradel get some games under their belts nearer the end of the season. I'm sure MM and now RK know of some Eastern European players we could get !!

In general, Eastern Europeans do much better over here than South American players IMO

They seem to be the main two that get some people moaning. King and Gradel. Give them a go instead of paying more wages on players like Glombard (WTF???!!!)

Archived