Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

Kelly in hunt for premier player

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?b...6269754|p|536|0

Leicester City hope to land some real Premiership class by the end of the week with the first signing of the Milan Mandaric regime.

The new owner will be true to his pledge of backing manager Robert Kelly with loan signings to underline the recovery in recent games.

And City - whose 1-0 win at Burnley last night was their third Championship victory in a row - are looking at the top flight, emphasising the new direction they hope to take.

The priority appears to be a wide player and, not giving away his targets, Kelly said: "We have been trying one or two things but we have been knocked back on most of them, although I hope to have one new player in by the weekend, probably a wide one.

"All the Premiership clubs are still competing for something, every position is worth a lot of money to them so they are keeping their squads around them.

"What I am looking for is a bit of experience rather than another younger one, as we have taken on recently with Mark Yeates and Jason Jarrett. So we have definitely asked in the Premiership but it has been difficult so far."

City's win at Turf Moor last night - their 10th point from the last 12 - raised them to 13th in the table, two points away from the top half.

But Kelly is determined they must not ease up now, even if the threat of being involved in the relegation struggle is definitely receding.

Last night's game would strengthen that notion. The result was infinitely better than the performance and Kelly said: "It might make up for some of the times we have played well and not won.

"This time we got the luck which had gone against us on other occasions and, while I am happy with the points, I am not looking forward to watching the video of this one.

"We were just not there from the start, but the way we defended and showed our courage and commitment to see it through was satisfying. We have always had that in us and I am pleased with the clean sheet again."

The priority appears to be a wide player and, not giving away his targets, Kelly said: "We have been trying one or two things but we have been knocked back on most of them, although I hope to have one new player in by the weekend, probably a wide one.

Obviously it's Ronaldo.

He is looking pretty wide nowadays.

If it's a winger it must be on the left. Berger seems a good shout. For some reason the only older Premiership left winger I can think of is Giggs, and we don't want his taking free-kicks early cheating ass down the Walkers!!

Yeah, cos we'd all hate that....

Sinclair?

I thought Sinclair too, not sure if he is injured though or just back from injury, anyway he fits the bill, experienced winger! If his hearts in it, he could be very effective, alway remember watching him play in a game for England, was one of the best players on pitch!!

I actually agree.

We aren't going down, so unless RK and Milan are actually considering the play-offs (hahahaha) then there's no real need to shell out more in wages.

Just incase of injuries I`d like them to bring in a player or two. Ideally, the incoming player will be available on a Bosman in the summer so we can have a look at him and assess his abilities over the next 2 months before offering him a contract. Todorov for one fits the bill although he isnt a winger lol

Just incase of injuries I`d like them to bring in a player or two. Ideally, the incoming player will be available on a Bosman in the summer so we can have a look at him and assess his abilities over the next 2 months before offering him a contract. Todorov for one fits the bill although he isnt a winger lol

I think they must be considering it as an outside chance though.

We've got fixtures against Palace, Plymouth, Wolves, Preston, and Brom, who're all above us. If we win those, we can make up ground.

I don't think it's possible at all, but perhaps they do.

I think they must be considering it as an outside chance though.

We've got fixtures against Palace, Plymouth, Wolves, Preston, and Brom, who're all above us. If we win those, we can make up ground.

I don't think it's possible at all, but perhaps they do.

Peter Taylor thinks Palace can still get into the play-offs (what a great judge he is) but if we win our game in-hand we go above them. We have a 1% chance of making the play-offs but while it is still there, I`ll jump aboard the bandwaggon lol.

The blues are going up! :D

Oooh, rumour mill-time!!!

The article doesn't state whether it's going to be a signing for the remainder of the season or whether it'll all go through starting with the 2007/08 campaign.

I'd honestly wait until some good free signing options come along later on.

It also says "... the priority is a wide player...", but it doesn't mean it'll ultimately turn out that way.

And as for Premiership class, we already have Horsfield, Jarrett and Yeates. lol

Kelly is worried for his job, this season is literally sawn up but him and his teams every performance will be judged under MM. Rob needs to improve and get results otherwise bye bye Rob!!! He will take all the quality he can get!!

your right

we have only won the last 3 games

your right

we have only won the last 3 games

Kelly's got it wrong if he's looking for a winger IMO. Despite our central midfielders returning to fitness we still need a class CM. Two decent games doesnt mean Jono is class, Jarrett looks pants for me, Tiatto dreaming of Aus, Hughes not quite cutting edge enough. Imagine what kind of service a Muzzy-esque type character could offer Hume, Horse and Fryatt....

Archived