Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ajax Treesdown

Hughes

To me Hughes, is the worst player in the squad.

He gives no effort, can't head a ball properly, can't tackle properly or hit a good shot. (That volley should have been walloped on target).

Today he could not stop drifting in midfield when he was told to play right wing.

He needs to be shown the door when summer arrives. I can't stand the player.

What do you reckon??

To me Hughes, is the worst player in the squad.

He gives no effort, can't head a ball properly, can't tackle properly or hit a good shot. (That volley should have been walloped on target).

Today he could not stop drifting in midfield when he was told to play right wing.

He needs to be shown the door when summer arrives. I can't stand the player.

What do you reckon??

Couldn't agree more mate :thumbup:

That annoys me so much. He constantly creeps in field and leaves us with nothing on the right hand side. Johsnon overlapped Maybury more than Hughes today.

Especially when we are playing Horse we need width.

Guys he actually is a natural centre midfielder! It's not in his game to play in wide positions so he will automaticaly tend to drift inwards, we saw the same with tiatto when he played on left midfield. I think hes got some nice skills, yes too lightweight and should hit the target more but he cost us 100k so what do you expect!

Guys he actually is a natural centre midfielder! It's not in his game to play in wide positions so he will automaticaly tend to drift inwards, we saw the same with tiatto when he played on left midfield. I think hes got some nice skills, yes too lightweight and should hit the target more but he cost us 100k so what do you expect!

McAuley and Kisnorbo didn't cost a penny, and look at them. :P:D

He brings absolutely nothing whatsoever to the team when he is out wide on the right. Why he is played there is anybody's guess because he is nowhere near the winger that Yeates is.

He is a decent player in the centre of midfield and in my opinion is a good squad player for us to have.

I thought he was bad today, but not as bad as Jarrett! I thought he was shocking. Every time he got the ball, he messed up, and never looked good.

I was really shocked by him because i thought he was really good last week

love it..... totally dont agree thought jarrett was aweseome today gettin better every game! love the fact the people always see players differently!

i feel sorry for hughes being played on the wing, he really was dreadful today and imo shouldnt of started he does sometimes show moments of goodness but the majority he is poor

he always looks out of the game when he plays RM.

like someone said i think he's good squad player

he should be kept on the bench and brought on in the last 20 mins to inject pace into the game and liven up the midfield

love it..... totally dont agree thought jarrett was aweseome today gettin better every game! love the fact the people always see players differently!

i feel sorry for hughes being played on the wing, he really was dreadful today and imo shouldnt of started he does sometimes show moments of goodness but the majority he is poor

We're un-beaten when JJ has played.

Kelly's forever talking about not playing people out of position then he does that.

When Hughes plays right wing, three of our four midfielders are negative - IE little chance of goals or assists.

This means we have three goals capable players in the side plus, thank providence, our centre-backs.

With no effective strikers little wonder we struggle to score.

It is only defenders scoring that has kept Kelly in a job not his nonsensical idea of swamping midfield with spoilers.

And not particularly fit spoilers in the centre either. Hence we are pushed further and further back as games go on.

Trouble is, now he's finally got the team to where we should have been in the first place this season, he'll believe he's got it right.

But he's not. And he's buggered the little bit of balance we had as well.,

Kelly's forever talking about not playing people out of position then he does that.

When Hughes plays right wing, three of our four midfielders are negative - IE little chance of goals or assists.

This means we have three goals capable players in the side plus, thank providence, our centre-backs.

With no effective strikers little wonder we struggle to score.

It is only defenders scoring that has kept Kelly in a job not his nonsensical idea of swamping midfield with spoilers.

And not particularly fit spoilers in the centre either. Hence we are pushed further and further back as games go on.

Trouble is, now he's finally got the team to where we should have been in the first place this season, he'll believe he's got it right.

But he's not. And he's buggered the little bit of balance we had as well.,

just for you thrac i say we play

Gradel RM

Johnson CM

Andy King CM

Porter LM

:ph34r:

just for you thrac i say we play

Gradel RM

Johnson CM

Andy King CM

Porter LM

:ph34r:

That's not good enough.

Johnson isn't enough of an attacking threat, and he doesn't have much more than about 60 minutes in him. :ph34r:

For all your ridicule of Thracian, which I admit to have partaken in a lot of times, he does have a valid point. The midfield is far from productive and desperately needs overhauling in the summer. The only man who should keep his berth is Porter.

For all your ridicule of Thracian, which I admit to have partaken in a lot of times, he does have a valid point. The midfield is far from productive and desperately needs overhauling in the summer. The only man who should keep his berth is Porter.

Afraid you've misinterpreted my post. ;)

I wasn't ridiculing Thracian at all (that's not a sport I play). I was merely pointing out that if you want to go for a proper attacking line-up, in Thracian-style terms, you need to ditch the donkey Johnson - whether with another academy player, or a more senior first-teamer (notice I didn't suggest any alternatives).

Johnson, it would seem, doesn't offer much going forward... and certainly couldn't keep it up for a full 90 minutes. :thumbup:

Afraid you've misinterpreted my post. ;)

I wasn't ridiculing Thracian at all (that's not a sport I play). I was merely pointing out that if you want to go for a proper attacking line-up, in Thracian-style terms, you need to ditch the donkey Johnson - whether with another academy player, or a more senior first-teamer (notice I didn't suggest any alternatives).

Johnson, it would seem, doesn't offer much going forward... and certainly couldn't keep it up for a full 90 minutes. :thumbup:

well you need at least one defensive player in there.

and an experienced head to stop the younger players from giving up!

Archived