Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Southend Pre-Match Chit Chat

A bit early but I wanted to find out who's banned, I've heard that Kisnorbo & Nissa are both out :o can anyone confirm or put me right?

Edited to say that according to the OS only Nissa is mentioned.

Johansson Set To Miss Out

Nisse Johansson will miss this Saturday's Championship clash against Southend United at Roots Hall after picking up his fifth booking of the season at the weekend.

The Swedish international defender went into the game with four bookings to his name for the season - having received yellow cards against Derby County, Hull City, Luton Town and Aston Villa.

And his caution against West Bromwich Albion on Saturday means that he will miss City's next competitive fixture.

Players will now only receive a suspension should they reach a total of 10 bookings between now and the end of the season.

I'd imagine we might have a few debates about who will play at left back on Saturday.

If he's fit I'd put Tiatto there. I guess he might switch Maybury and play Stearman RB, or plonk Kenton in. Just wondering if anyone thinks Sheehan will play.

Or perhaps we can't be bothered to have yet another 'give the kids a go' versus 'always go for experience in the Championship' debate .......

I'd imagine we might have a few debates about who will play at left back on Saturday.

If he's fit I'd put Tiatto there. I guess he might switch Maybury and play Stearman RB, or plonk Kenton in. Just wondering if anyone thinks Sheehan will play.

Or perhaps we can't be bothered to have yet another 'give the kids a go' versus 'always go for experience in the Championship' debate .......

Please do not supply such ammunition to the likes of Thracian! :P

I have a feeling it'll be Maybury being switched to left back seeing as he has been asked to fill in their for us at times this season, with Stears making a return to play right back for the first time in what seems like an age. It's a worry to me though as his form hasn't been good this season. :nono:

Glad to hear Kisnorbo isn't suspended and should definitely be making the trip - we look much more assured with him playing alongside McAuley.

We're currently 5th in the league table based on current form (the last 6 games) on 11 points, with Southend sitting in 16th place on 7 points. We've scored 10 in our last 6 whereas Southend have scored 11, but Southend have conceded 5 more than us (10 compared to our 5). Should make for an interesting game then!

:D

It seems as if its just Nissa although the SS page says that Kisnorbo is now on 5 bookings.

Anyway, I`d put Maybury back to left-back and get Stearman in from the start.

It should be a good game with plenty of goals as they are approaching the desperation stage of the season, needing points badly and they may try to attack us a little too much and hopefully we have enough about us to hit them on the break with the blistering pace of Horsfield :D

First thing is we need only one change as a result of Nils' absence, not a complete defensive reshuffle.

We're playing away so attack will be a long way down the list of priorities and it'll be another variation on the Burnley theme. Hard to beat and grab one if we can.

Mandaric will probably have the word "experience" posted on every corridor wall at the club by now so that

means Kenton will get the nod despite the fact that he was appalling last time out at left back, is a limited player at best, certainly won't add to our atttacking capability and won't take us forward as a team one bit.

Tiatto has an outside chance if he's recovered from injury. I can't imagine he'll be fit but that's not proved a problem for senior players in the past and who else do we have in the 28-35 age bracket?

Our only other options are Joe Mattock who will probably be super fit after his recent tournament and Sheehan who had a Reserves game recently so will probably be as fit as he's been all season!.

But, unfortunately, both are young and both are attackers which would seem to be a combination that's as welcome as the plague at Leicester right now.

Some have mentioned Maybury going to left-back but I've seen enough of that already and, like I say, why make two changes when we only need one?. Second thoughts, I'm sure we'll think of a reason!

I have a feeling this will be the team for Southend

Henderson

Stearman

McAuley

Kisnorbo

Maybury

Hughes

Jarrett

Johnson

Porter

Hume

Horsfield

We should give Mattock a go at left back instead of moving maybury there but its unlikely to happen

Surely we should start thinkin about usin younger players when our '1st team' gets injured? :dunno:

I say give the young uns a go at playing, cause if nissa is leaving in the summer then we'll need somebody to replace him anyways (so that rules tiatto out!) and kenton didn't look good playing there last time out either.

Surely we should start thinking about using younger players when our '1st team' gets injured? :dunno:

I say give the young uns a go at playing, cause if nissa is leaving in the summer then we'll need somebody to replace him anyways (so that rules tiatto out!) and kenton didn't look good playing there last time out either.

We should, especially as we haven't had a natural left back since Stewart left, but unfortunately it's all about now and Rob Kelly is trying to prove to Mandaric he's the man for the job. He won't risk anything and will choose to go with the more experience members of the squad from now until the end of the season. He'll see that as the "sensible" thing to do. :|

Kenton will replace Johansson.

Surely we should start thinkin about usin younger players when our '1st team' gets injured? :dunno:

Surely brinigng in Stearman for Nisse is using one of your younger players when one of the first team gets injured :blink:

Surely brinigng in Stearman for Nisse is using one of your younger players when one of the first team gets injured :blink:

Yes quite so, but stearmans more or less established in the 1st team squad now (well hes played a fair few times now) so i meant why not play sheehan or mattock who haven't had any/many games! breaking in newer talent so to speak.

Well the left back will have a hard job on his hands on because they will be up against Campbell-Ryce. And i have always rated this guy as a real prospect he has pace and can make things happen. If i remember rightly he played for Rotherham against us and he looked like the only player capable of upsetting us at the time. So whoever plays Lb on saturday will have a tough job as i expect their manager to realise this and use Campbel-Ryce as much as possible. Personally i would play darren kenton out their as i believe he has a bit more experiance and a bit more pace than the others.

First thing is we need only one change as a result of Nils' absence, not a complete defensive reshuffle.

Some have mentioned Maybury going to left-back but I've seen enough of that already and, like I say, why make two changes when we only need one?. Second thoughts, I'm sure we'll think of a reason!

As long as the centre of defence is set in stone, I personally dont think there is a great problem if we alter the full-backs. I would switch Maybury to the left as that is a position he is used to. He has also played there for his country. Kenton has plyed most of his career at RB and CB so despite his utility tag, I wouldnt want him playing on the left. I dont know enough about the younger LBs we have at our disposal but the time may be right for one of the kids to get a game now.

As long as the centre of defence is set in stone, I personally dont think there is a great problem if we alter the full-backs. I would switch Maybury to the left as that is a position he is used to. He has also played there for his country. Kenton has plyed most of his career at RB and CB so despite his utility tag, I wouldnt want him playing on the left. I dont know enough about the younger LBs we have at our disposal but the time may be right for one of the kids to get a game now.

i guess you haven't read my post but i think its a too big of challenge and play on saturday. Im all for giving the youngsters a try but not on saturday

Kenton hasn't played for weeks so i doubt he's match fit. It's more likely to be Maybury than him.

but who right back as stearman hasn't played in a while just like Kenton

this is going to be a tough game, although we have a good following going into this one, the original allocation of just over 1000 has sold out and the extra available has been taken up, 200 of which had been sold by 9 20 this morning, great support! :thumbup:

i guess you haven't read my post but i think its a too big of challenge and play on saturday. Im all for giving the youngsters a try but not on saturday

Mayb thats the best time 4 our younger players of 2moro to gain vital experience tho, in those games considered challenges. :dunno:

Mayb thats the best time 4 our younger players of 2moro to gain vital experience tho, in those games considered challenges. :dunno:

yes i see what you mean. But their right midfielder looks to me as their main threat as is freddie eastwood. So if their right mid skins our young left back all game he could ever learn from it or have low confidence from himself and the fans. I just think its too much of a gamble

Look guys it's pretty obvious that RK will bring Stearman in at Right Back and switch Maybury to Left Back, he's done that before and i don't really see a better alternative at moment. Although we are nearly safe, I think RK is under pressure for a strong end to the season because of MM so I think he will be unlikely to bring in an un-tried youngster or a possibly unfit Sheehan at this point. Remember 'We are where we are'!!

Stearman at RB and Maybury at LB?

That's an unfit RB combined with a less-able LB... that's two handicaps over the previous line-ups. :whistle:

Kenton at LB... that's just an unfit, less-able LB... just the one handicap.

We could play Tiatto at LB but he's probably only got about 45 minutes in him, he's been out so long (again) and he's not played at LB for us in quite some time...

Basically we've no LBs. lol

Sheehan's unfit and they're not bold enough to use Mattock.

My money is on the two handicap approach - Maybury to LB and Stearman to RB. Just hope that we revert to our trusty Maybury/McAuley/Kisnorbo/Johansson back four for the following match.

Thank god Johansson is only out for one match. :whistle:

I did read your post but to me we should pick a team to win and not worry too much about them. Southend have some decent players, especially Eastwood who will give us problems but from there point of view, we will have plenty on the pitch to worry them.

We need to keep it compact and I personally dont think there is anything wrong with picking one young lad to start in the game if need be. Im not suggesting to get half the youth side in!! One change to see what they have got to offer at this level as our opponenst are hardly the best in the division, and that includes a player who has gone from Rotherham to Colchester to Southend in a short while. Jamal Campbell-Ryce is hardly Ronaldo!

This is the problem one can always find a reason for not playing them!

Fighting relegation!

Fighting for promotion!

Keeping a winnnig streak going!

want to finish the season on a high!

The oppo's too good!

Can someone give me an example of when it is suitable to début a younger player because I can't work it out?

Look guys it's pretty obvious that RK will bring Stearman in at Right Back and switch Maybury to Left Back, he's done that before and i don't really see a better alternative at moment. Although we are nearly safe, I think RK is under pressure for a strong end to the season because of MM so I think he will be unlikely to bring in an un-tried youngster or a possibly unfit Sheehan at this point. Remember 'We are where we are'!!

Well let's hope it works out better than last season when he made the same justifications and the end of the season was as bad as any part of the whole!

Stearman at RB and Maybury at LB?

That's an unfit RB combined with a less-able LB... that's two handicaps over the previous line-ups. :whistle:

Kenton at LB... that's just an unfit, less-able LB... just the one handicap.

We could play Tiatto at LB but he's probably only got about 45 minutes in him, he's been out so long (again) and he's not played at LB for us in quite some time...

Basically we've no LBs. lol

Sheehan's unfit and they're not bold enough to use Mattock.

My money is on the two handicap approach - Maybury to LB and Stearman to RB. Just hope that we revert to our trusty Maybury/McAuley/Kisnorbo/Johansson back four for the following match.

Thank god Johansson is only out for one match. :whistle:

Kisnorbo will probably be out by then so we will have to have Stearman, McAuley, Nissa and Maybury

Archived