Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Southend Pre-Match Chit Chat

i would have thought that maybury will play LB with kenton or stearman at RB.

Either way... Kenton couldn't possibly be fit enough.

I reckon Kenton will go LB... at least then we're no completely unsettling the back four. That back four has featured Maybury on the right... and he should stay there. Why make two changes when we can make one?

Still would rather have a LB at LB rather than Kenton. It's a good job Maybury seems to get forward a bit more or our right flank would be hopeless and our left side won't be supported much by the fullback either. :whistle:

Imagine a Kenton/Hughes combo on the right hand side! *shudder*

:ph34r:

I can't make any footballing comments... but I'm excited as it'll be the first commentary I'd have heard since January... yes I've even missed Barber... :o

C'mon you Blues!!!!

I can't make any footballing comments... but I'm excited as it'll be the first commentary I'd have heard since January... yes I've even missed Barber... :o

C'mon you Blues!!!!

Are you completely funking nuts?! :o

You'll retract that comment at about 3:01pm tomorrow. :smile:lol:D

i would have thought that maybury will play LB with kenton or stearman at RB.

Trouble is, the defence has done so well lately that switching Maybury to left back and a new right back playing will not help us at all. I hope RK limits the changes so that we haven't messed with the back four that has done very well lately.

A bit thin on the ground tomorrow - Nils (suspended), McCarthy (injured), Tiatto (injured), Fryatt (injured), Hughes (doubtful - virus), Weso (doubtful - virus).

My guess at tomorrow's team

Henderson

Maybury

McAuley

Kisnorbo

Stearman

Yeates

Jarrett

Johnson

Porter

Hume

Horsfield

Subs: Logan, Kenton, Cadamarteri, Hammond, Gradel

Whatever we do... Maybury must continue at RB.

He played at RB in our very settled, stable back four... to change him now would wreck it all. :ph34r:

Nothing else makes sense. Two changes instead of one is totally unnecessary especially as Maybury is no left back.

Mind you... neither are Kenton or Stearman. :whistle:

That leaves Sheehan and Mattock.

I've no real sympathy for Kelly on this. He's known we've needed a left-back for ages.

I'm not sure the club have even kept Sheehan match fit although someone gave him 7 points for his display against Notts County in a Reserves friendly recently which didn't sound too bad.

It's not much to base a selection decision on though.

Archived