Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phlashman

Didier Agathe

I mentioned last month about Argathe, :dunno:

You did indeed, i'd rather have Boskovic though.

He still has a fair few years in him and is a goal scoring midfielder. Won't be able to get Boskovic until the summer though as he's on a short term deal with some foreign club after leaving PSG.

Tic tac

And back to my copy paste technique:

Didier Agathe (born August 16, 1975 in Saint-Pierre, Réunion) is a professional footballer who is currently a free agent after leaving Aston Villa. Agathe plays on the right hand side of the pitch, either as a winger or as a full back.

He began his career in France with Montpellier HSC and also had a loan spell with Olympique Alès. He moved to Scotland in 1999, playing for a year with Raith Rovers. At this time he was playing as a striker, and his goals alerted Premier League club Hibernian, who signed him on a short-term contract. Further impressive performances led to Celtic stepping in to sign Agathe for just £50,000 in 2000. During his career at Celtic Park, he was a regular in the side which reached the UEFA Cup final in 2003. Quirkily, he has also played as a Rangers striker, albeit in the Robert Duvall movie, A Shot At Glory.[citation needed]

Having scarcely featured in the 2005-06 season under new manager Gordon Strachan, Agathe was linked with a number of clubs, including Valencia CF, Juventus, Middlesbrough, and Leeds United.[citation needed] However, no transfer was concluded by the end of the January transfer window, and an agreement was reached to terminate his contract with Celtic on February 1, 2006. He had further trials in 2006 with Roma, Middlesbrough, Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers and Torino, but failed to secure a deal.[citation needed]

He was training with Aston Villa, managed by his former Celtic boss Martin O'Neill, and appeared for their reserves on 29 August 2006, against Reading. His impressive second half performance in this game earned him a short-term deal at Villa Park, which was agreed on September 12. Agathe made his Villa debut at home to Tottenham Hotspur, coming on as a sub for Milan Baroš in a 1-1 draw. On 11 January 2007, Agathe parted company with Aston Villa, after they chose not to extend his short term contract. [1]

He has been rumored to be joining the Toronto FC in the MLS.

Tic tac

Didier Agathe (born August 16, 1975 in Saint-Pierre, Réunion) is a professional footballer who is currently a free agent after leaving Aston Villa. Agathe plays on the right hand side of the pitch, either as a winger or as a full back.

He began his career in France with Montpellier HSC and also had a loan spell with Olympique Alès. He moved to Scotland in 1999, playing for a year with Raith Rovers. At this time he was playing as a striker, and his goals alerted Premier League club Hibernian, who signed him on a short-term contract. Further impressive performances led to Celtic stepping in to sign Agathe for just £50,000 in 2000. During his career at Celtic Park, he was a regular in the side which reached the UEFA Cup final in 2003. Quirkily, he has also played as a Rangers striker, albeit in the Robert Duvall movie, A Shot At Glory.[citation needed]

Having scarcely featured in the 2005-06 season under new manager Gordon Strachan, Agathe was linked with a number of clubs, including Valencia CF, Juventus, Middlesbrough, and Leeds United.[citation needed] However, no transfer was concluded by the end of the January transfer window, and an agreement was reached to terminate his contract with Celtic on February 1, 2006. He had further trials in 2006 with Roma, Middlesbrough, Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers and Torino, but failed to secure a deal.[citation needed]

He was training with Aston Villa, managed by his former Celtic boss Martin O'Neill, and appeared for their reserves on 29 August 2006, against Reading. His impressive second half performance in this game earned him a short-term deal at Villa Park, which was agreed on September 12. Agathe made his Villa debut at home to Tottenham Hotspur, coming on as a sub for Milan Baroš in a 1-1 draw. On 11 January 2007, Agathe parted company with Aston Villa, after they chose not to extend his short term contract. [1]

He's way past his best, I'd prefere to see how Yeates gets on before signing someone like him.

He's way past his best, I'd prefere to see how Yeates gets on before signing someone like him.

Experience man, we only want experience with a good sound knowledge of this division...Kelly will say in an hour

:D:D

You've hit the nail on the head.

He's crap.

I'm disturbed if this is a Mandaric signing.

He might not be that bad with a bit of fitness in this division :dunno: he used to be alright, he's only 31.

Still hardly the kind of player I'd expect us to sign now we are suppose to have some money.

He might not be that bad with a bit of fitness in this division :dunno: he used to be alright, he's only 31.

Still hardly the kind of player I'd expect us to sign now we are suppose to have some money.

I like to dismiss players before i've seen them play for us, it usually means they'll do alright for us. I personally think he wasn't ever that good for Celtic, ala Sylla albeit slightly better.

There is a tesco, a netto and a lidl but no woodlands unfortunately.

In truth, I'm actually pleased as it would only provide more natural cover for the natives leading to increased likelihood of ambush.

Are you going to Palace, Flairington?

Struggling to find the cash for it as i've got an expensive weekend coming up later this month. Might do though, yoursen?

He'll be a decent player at this level, it will take time for him to get match fit and settled in but he's just the type of player we need. Hes experienced and strong - which is something our squad really lacks. Almost our entire squad is inexperienced and lightweight so i reckon he'll be a good signing. :thumbup:

(Only if he gets played at right back)

I like to dismiss players before i've seen them play for us, it usually means they'll do alright for us. I personally think he wasn't ever that good for Celtic, ala Sylla albeit slightly better.

I didn't say good, I said alright :D

Tic tac

I think you guys are being a bit stupid. With respect, hes's had trials at the above clubs for Gods sake so hes clearly good enough for a shit Championship side like us.

Ok he didnt get a deal, but the fact that managers of Premiership and Serie A teams considered giving him a deal shows that he has some quality, surely more than what is in our current squad.

Im not sure some of you guys realise how shit we are

I don't rate agathe very much at all but ive rated and not rated players in the past before and i can only really make a judgement when ive seen them play a couple of times. I just hope he isn't like sylla.

I wouldnt particularly like to sign him. I;m sure everyone has written this season off, as long as we dont get relegated we can spend some time finding some decent players in the summer as we should have a bit of money to spend. Obviously not millions, but enough to avoid having just look at free's!!!!!!!

Nooo not another useless right winger!

We have an able one already in Yeates who has the ability to do something good when we need it. Hughes on the other hand..... why is he played there?! :angry:

From what I have seen of Agathe he is useless, hence why Villa let him go so shortly into his time at Villa. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if I saw him playing in a Leicester City shirt in the future.

I think you guys are being a bit stupid. With respect, hes's had trials at the above clubs for Gods sake so hes clearly good enough for a shit Championship side like us.

Ok he didnt get a deal, but the fact that managers of Premiership and Serie A teams considered giving him a deal shows that he has some quality, surely more than what is in our current squad.

Im not sure some of you guys realise how shit we are

Erid Djemba Djemba got a three year deal at Man u wheres he now?

Erid Djemba Djemba got a three year deal at Man u wheres he now?

Djemba-Djemba's a different story though- he has the talent- but has wasted it

Okay, perhaps not good enough for Man U, but a reasonable Prem club.

A number of things buggered him- bad attitude, lack of games, weighty expectations etc... bit of a bad apple really from what ive heard.

Yeah he aint pullin up trees at Burnley- probably because he thinks he's better than that (bad attitude) therefore isnt putting in the effort.

I wouldnt mind him at Leicester at all

Agathe's getting on yes, but 4/5 top managers didnt see enough ability in him to give him a trial for nothing

I`d take Agathe as a back-up for next season. He is still quite quick but his final ball is like many speedy wingers, its pants. I hope this isnt the type of player that will be anymore than a helpful loanee in now or a reserve for next season. Im setting my standards on what we achieve in the transfer market much higher than that!

Archived