Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phlashman

Didier Agathe

' date='Mar 6 2007, 05:44 PM' post='553096']

Like Villa?

Very much like Villa

But MON has to play his bum boy Petrov (whos shite) doesnt he?

Which leaves one space in midfield- when they have loads of option like Mcann, Davis, that young Osbourne lad and Barry can play there

And when a player has an attitude problem he goes bottom of that list doesnt he, no matter how good he may be.

I think you guys are being a bit stupid. With respect, hes's had trials at the above clubs for Gods sake so hes clearly good enough for a shit Championship side like us.

Ok he didnt get a deal, but the fact that managers of Premiership and Serie A teams considered giving him a deal shows that he has some quality, surely more than what is in our current squad.

Im not sure some of you guys realise how shit we are

Yeah, but the whole point of signing players is so that we can stop being shit. If we show some ambition and sign some good players (i.e. not Didier Agathe) we might start moving up the league.

Yeah, but the whole point of signing players is so that we can stop being shit. If we show some ambition and sign some good players (i.e. not Didier Agathe) we might start moving up the league.

I agree we do have to be ambitious but whats so wrong with Agathe? I mean MON of all people saw fit to give him a contract (a short one albeit) and Villa are a solid Prem side so surely Agathe could add something to the squad.

Gone are the days when we make big money signings (although those days were pretty short anyway) lol

Well, for the time being anyway.

Very much like Villa

But MON has to play his bum boy Petrov (whos shite) doesnt he?

Which leaves one space in midfield- when they have loads of option like Mcann, Davis, that young Osbourne lad and Barry can play there

And when a player has an attitude problem he goes bottom of that list doesnt he, no matter how good he may be.

Hes better than Djemba Djemba.

Hes better than Djemba Djemba.

Thats your opinion

Not on what i saw of him at the Walkers though and the few Villa games iv seen him play

Hes a fat overrated Bulgarian Bellend and should go back to where he came from where hes pretty good, the SPL (you know the league that makes Mark de Vries look good).

Thats your opinion

Not on what i saw of him at the Walkers though and the few Villa games iv seen him play

Hes a fat overrated Bulgarian Bellend and should go back to where he came from where hes pretty good, the SPL (you know the league that makes Mark de Vries look good).

I agree that he is rubbish, although he is no worse than Djemba-Djemba. Both are poor players yet to find their level.

It seems that already in many Leicester fans' eyes, Didier Agathe is just an older version of Momo Sylla.

I can't decide whether this is a good thing for his prospects or not. On one hand you could expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised. On the other hand you could expect nothing and refuse to change your blinkered view if he does anything of note.

I think it's a real shame. This is a player who was an established first-team player with Celtic, a massive club who are playing AC Milan in the Champions League tomorrow night, and yet he must be crap because he's been turfed out of the SPL like Douglas and Sylla were.

Portsmouth's promotion in 2002/3 owed a lot to experienced players and looking at the lack of progress shown by players like Stearman, Wesolowski and Fryatt this season, Mandaric has every reason to suspect we need a bit more experience. Experience doesn't necessarily mean Andy Johnson. Even your Lord God Thracian reckons we should think about signing Tedward Sheringham, 41.

Agathe could be great, he could be awful. But at least give him a chance.

Agathe could be great, he could be awful. But at least give him a chance.

Give a 31 year old going nowhere a chance. :ph34r: Why? :dunno: It is signing someone for the sake of it. :rolleyes:

I would have said that before MM's arrival, with his cash we can do better.

Give a 31 year old going nowhere a chance. :ph34r: Why? :dunno: It is signing someone for the sake of it. :rolleyes:

I think you're both going to be disappointed by the Mandaric era if his time at Pompey is anything to go by, because this is exactly the sort of signing he was making there. He's not Roman Abramovich and we are just a mid-table Championship club with a bit of cash to splash about. We won't be signing Freddy Eastwood any time soon and it's about time people realised it.

There's no doubting his talent.

It's two things.. isn't it?

Is he fit?

Does he care?

No harm in having a look at him.

The problem really is that RK will be doing the looking and RK is an idiot. I'd rather myself, Manwell_Pablo and Fezz gave him the once over to be honest.

There's no doubting his talent.

It's two things.. isn't it?

Is he fit?

Does he care?

No harm in having a look at him.

The problem really is that RK will be doing the looking and RK is an idiot. I'd rather myself, Manwell_Pablo and Fezz gave him the once over to be honest.

As I say he's alright. I think we could do better, he is the sort of signing MM made at pompey but is he a Tim Sherwood or a Steve Stone? probabley not.

Amen to that.

I don't think Agathe would be a bad signing. I quite like the look of Yeates, but its obvious RK isn't 100% happy with him because he keeps playing Hughes there. We NEED a decent right winger. If we have the cash, we may as well give Agathe the chance. As long as he doesn't do what he did with Glombard which was not even put him on the bench- now THAT was a waste of time!

Agathe was linked with a number of clubs, including Valencia CF, Juventus, Middlesbrough, and Leeds United.[citation needed]

Bit in bold says all you need to know about the internet.

I always thought he was pretty good, reliant on his pace which is probably gone, no doubt better than the dross we have atm though.

Tic tac

And back to my copy paste technique:

Didier Agathe (born August 16, 1975 in Saint-Pierre, Réunion) is a professional footballer who is currently a free agent after leaving Aston Villa. Agathe plays on the right hand side of the pitch, either as a winger or as a full back.

He began his career in France with Montpellier HSC and also had a loan spell with Olympique Alès. He moved to Scotland in 1999, playing for a year with Raith Rovers. At this time he was playing as a striker, and his goals alerted Premier League club Hibernian, who signed him on a short-term contract. Further impressive performances led to Celtic stepping in to sign Agathe for just £50,000 in 2000. During his career at Celtic Park, he was a regular in the side which reached the UEFA Cup final in 2003. Quirkily, he has also played as a Rangers striker, albeit in the Robert Duvall movie, A Shot At Glory.[citation needed]

Having scarcely featured in the 2005-06 season under new manager Gordon Strachan, Agathe was linked with a number of clubs, including Valencia CF, Juventus, Middlesbrough, and Leeds United.[citation needed] However, no transfer was concluded by the end of the January transfer window, and an agreement was reached to terminate his contract with Celtic on February 1, 2006. He had further trials in 2006 with Roma, Middlesbrough, Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers and Torino, but failed to secure a deal.[citation needed]

He was training with Aston Villa, managed by his former Celtic boss Martin O'Neill, and appeared for their reserves on 29 August 2006, against Reading. His impressive second half performance in this game earned him a short-term deal at Villa Park, which was agreed on September 12. Agathe made his Villa debut at home to Tottenham Hotspur, coming on as a sub for Milan Baroš in a 1-1 draw. On 11 January 2007, Agathe parted company with Aston Villa, after they chose not to extend his short term contract. [1]

He has been rumored to be joining the Toronto FC in the MLS.

Why do I get the feeling he will be Momo Sylla Mark 2?? :dunno:

Why do I get the feeling he will be Momo Sylla Mark 2?? :dunno:

He's not tha bad, he did hold down a regular place in the Celtic team (Momo didn't do this) and is capable of sparkling displays, one against AC Milan in the Champions League springs to mind, he was everywhere that night.

He's not tha bad, he did hold down a regular place in the Celtic team (Momo didn't do this) and is capable of sparkling displays, one against AC Milan in the Champions League springs to mind, he was everywhere that night.

Dave summed it up yesterday. He's a fat Andy Impey.

Dave summed it up yesterday. He's a fat Andy Impey.

Looked on you tube to show that he is quite clearly not a fat Andy Impey and they have highlights of the very game I was talking about, bizzare.

Not entirely convinced it's against AC Milan but it's definatley a Champions league game.

Archived