Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Strikers Shine In Training Game

The bloke scored three goals for us, and laid on a decent pass every 15 minutes. Apart from that he was lazy and never attacked the box, prefering instead to try to play a holding role when his tackling and closing down were, whilst not poor, not great either.

Williams one oof our best players when he turned up in body and mind, and I don't think he did that in more than 10 of his appearances for us.

His closing down was poor. And still is judging by the half-arsed way he wandered around the edge of his own box on Saturday while Charlton busily fired in a couple of goals.

I think Elvis is a bit harshly treated to be honest. I agree with Thracian with the fact he is an impact player off of the bench, and to be fair to him he does well coming off the bench. He's not good enough to hold down a first team place but I think it's right he is keeping Cadamarteri out of the squad. :thumbup:

Hammond scores and makes goals - certainly by comparison with all other City players apart from Hume and Kisnorbo.

King is far more positive and effective than Williams.

Fryatt is rarely available to play, has rarely been fit all season and is a centre-forward with two League goals (from 15 starts) to his name for the season so far. I doubt if Dodds could have done that badly in a blindfold.

I judge players by their effect rather than their reputation or their wages?

Scores and makes goals? you claim he's been involved in scoreing/making ten goals this season, taking away League two oppostion thats probabley about 8, ignoring the fact that one of those assists included him a)missing a open goal and b) alot of luck thats seven. oh and then theres that fantastic assist for Humes goal against Southampton where he ran into the defender and managed to head the ball up in the air instead of forward, and then Hume smacks it home from 25 yards on the half volley and who gets the credit for the best goal we've scored all season? Elvis ****ing Hammond. One word, Joke.

Scores and makes goals? you claim he's been involved in scoreing/making ten goals this season, taking away League two oppostion thats probabley about 8, ignoring the fact that one of those assists included him a)missing a open goal and b) alot of luck thats seven. oh and then theres that fantastic assist for Humes goal against Southampton where he ran into the defender and managed to head the ball up in the air instead of forward, and then Hume smacks it home from 25 yards on the half volley and who gets the credit for the best goal we've scored all season? Elvis ****ing Hammond. One word, Joke.

You can call it how you like but the facts speak plainly for themselves and Fryatt and Horsfield have both missed their share of sitters without making up for it in any way.

You can call it how you like but the facts speak plainly for themselves and Fryatt and Horsfield have both missed their share of sitters without making up for it in any way.

Elvis has scored a couple more than Fryatt from more apperances big deal (I say again Hereford). Fryatts made a few goals himself this season but then again no doubt your selective memorey blocks that out. As well as that he's 21 plenty of time to improve we should be looking at trying to make something of him the raw potential is there we've all seen it. This an actuall young propect we have on our hands you should be campaigning for his invovlement instead of campaigning for the involvment of a propective Rochdale bench warmer and a Ghanian/Cockney/GanGsTa/SprInTa (innit) who's got the first touch of a donkey with a coordination disorder and isn't going to get any better!

Ask for Horsfield he's scored a couple of goals this month and we haven't lost while he's been here what more do you want from the bloke?

I'm not sure about that - but does it matter either way?

I knew a centre-forward like that who forever scored with deflections, shots that came off his knee, accidental rebounds, the lot.

The point was that he was always around where it hurt. Twenty goals a season the guy got for years.

Another thing about Hammond is that, reserves or first team, he gives his all.

Negative. Not true.

I think Elvis is a bit harshly treated to be honest. I agree with Thracian with the fact he is an impact player off of the bench, and to be fair to him he does well coming off the bench. He's not good enough to hold down a first team place but I think it's right he is keeping Cadamarteri out of the squad. :thumbup:

I can't really see how that is a fair comment when Cadamarteri has barely been given a sniff at the first team since the cup tie. Not easy to compare when Hammond has had a lot more first team action.

Elvis has scored a couple more than Fryatt from more apperances big deal (I say again Hereford). Fryatts made a few goals himself this season but then again no doubt your selective memorey blocks that out. As well as that he's 21 plenty of time to improve we should be looking at trying to make something of him the raw potential is there we've all seen it. This an actuall young propect we have on our hands you should be campaigning for his invovlement instead of campaigning for the involvment of a propective Rochdale bench warmer and a Ghanian/Cockney/GanGsTa/SprInTa (innit) who's got the first touch of a donkey with a coordination disorder and isn't going to get any better!

Ask for Horsfield he's scored a couple of goals this month and we haven't lost while he's been here what more do you want from the bloke?

Anyone who believes Fryatt has improved since he's been here must be wearing sunglasses with bin-liners for lenses.

He might improve one of these days but there's been no evidence so far.

As for our Horsfield you can say he's scored twice in six or that he's had one decent half-hour, whichever you prefer.

He might have been the catalyst for six games unbeaten but I'm not convinced at all.

The real truth is emphasised by his club sending him out on loan - they know he's past his sell-by date and his performances against Burnley, West Brom and Southend have done nothing to suggest otherwise.

I truly wish it were otherwise. Five years ago I'd have welcomed the guy.

Fryatt was in fine form back end of last season. He's had a rough season and I'm hoping next season will be better for him.

Horsfield gives us a differnt option and holds the ball up well, you just get on his back because he's not your type of player. His club are a Premier league club, we're going to be taking alot of Premier League rejects I'm afraid Thracian so get used to the idea.

Fryatt was in fine form back end of last season. He's had a rough season and I'm hoping next season will be better for him.

Horsfield gives us a differnt option and holds the ball up well, you just get on his back because he's not your type of player. His club are a Premier league club, we're going to be taking alot of Premier League rejects I'm afraid Thracian so get used to the idea.

It was blatently obvious that the fans would not take to Horsfield. True he hasn't set the club alight yet but I can't remember the last time the fans did take to one. There were even plenty of people moaning about Brian Deane despite him scoring on such a regular basis just because he could be quiet for a match and then score.

It was blatently obvious that the fans would not take to Horsfield. True he hasn't set the club alight yet but I can't remember the last time the fans did take to one. There were even plenty of people moaning about Brian Deane despite him scoring on such a regular basis just because he could be quiet for a match and then score.

I had not problem with Brian Deane. Very effective and difficult to contain.

I had not problem with Brian Deane. Very effective and difficult to contain.

Thats suprising as when Ive said in the past that we need to have fighters in the squad to avoid relegation you seemed to keep talking about 433 and attacking players everywhere who can "play"!!

Anyway, my spin on some of the above....

Fryatt has proved that he can do it at a lower level regularly and has found it more difficult at this level although has showed glimpses of his old self. I wonder how good he would be had he had the same level of service/chances as he did with Walsall?? Anyway, he is still young and will come good. One definately for the future and we may have asked for too much too soon from this young player.

The Elvis situation is much clearer. He is the type of person who may have scouts salivating if they accidently stumbled across one of his substitute appearances. He looks pretty mobile, has blistering pace and now and again finishes well. Im sure that with some clever edition that you could compile a decent 5 minute clip of the lads career and he would look like George Weah. However, the reality is he is pants. He is 27 in a few months, is what I call a "dumb footballer" as he doesnt use the limited assets his game as and keeps giving the ball away and getting called offside. He I think is yet to score more than 10 goals in his whole career as a centre-forward. Why people rate him bemuses me. Maybe its because we have pants players or someone catches his good 5 mins???!!

Thats suprising as when Ive said in the past that we need to have fighters in the squad to avoid relegation you seemed to keep talking about 433 and attacking players everywhere who can "play"!!

Anyway, my spin on some of the above....

Fryatt has proved that he can do it at a lower level regularly and has found it more difficult at this level although has showed glimpses of his old self. I wonder how good he would be had he had the same level of service/chances as he did with Walsall?? Anyway, he is still young and will come good. One definately for the future and we may have asked for too much too soon from this young player.

The Elvis situation is much clearer. He is the type of person who may have scouts salivating if they accidently stumbled across one of his substitute appearances. He looks pretty mobile, has blistering pace and now and again finishes well. Im sure that with some clever edition that you could compile a decent 5 minute clip of the lads career and he would look like George Weah. However, the reality is he is pants. He is 27 in a few months, is what I call a "dumb footballer" as he doesnt use the limited assets his game as and keeps giving the ball away and getting called offside. He I think is yet to score more than 10 goals in his whole career as a centre-forward. Why people rate him bemuses me. Maybe its because we have pants players or someone catches his good 5 mins???!!

Elvis has not scored many goals because, like Dodds, he has not had many opportunities, certainly before coming to Leicester. The fact remains that he is our second most potent attacker this season and our results when he plays seem to be a lot better than when he doesn't play. Manwell will also say that about Horsfield which simply points to to the idea that we should be playing Hammond, Horsfield and Hume in the hole if we want to increase our scoring threat.

Elvis has not scored many goals because, like Dodds, he has not had many opportunities, certainly before coming to Leicester. The fact remains that he is our second most potent attacker this season and our results when he plays seem to be a lot better than when he doesn't play. Manwell will also say that about Horsfield which simply points to to the idea that we should be playing Hammond, Horsfield and Hume in the hole if we want to increase our scoring threat.

However you like to cover the cracks, the facts are that in his whole career, whether playing in this country or abroad, he hasnt managed 10 league goals culmulatively. If he was a 27yo right-back I`d say thats acceptable but he is meant to be a striker. Also, his lack of games by one manager may be seen as a personality clash but the fact that 5 or 6 different managers have had a look at his ability close-up either as a permanent member of a squad or as a loan signing and none have rated him too highly is surely a guide that he isnt all that???

Players can improve and some do improve in later life but Elvis is the type of player that we need to punt out if we are going to have consistency at this club.

:o:olollollollollollol He's had loads! His career goal average is about one goal every 10 games <_< not good enough!!! Get rid!

:o:olollollollollollol He's had loads! His career goal average is about one goal every 10 games <_< not good enough!!! Get rid!

But in a 433 with Dodds one side and Gradel the other, Elvis will become the leagues player of the year and beat Clive Allens record of 49 goals in a season. King must also feature within the team for the system to work.

:thumbup::dunno::cry:

You forgot sheehan and the new Ryan Giggs, Levi Porter!!!!!!!!

Levi will become the new Ryan Giggs, there is no doubt about it and Sheehan is a modern day Stuart Pearce. I think its only a matter of time before all the academy kids gel and we become Champions League winners with them. The only dissapointing thing is that we arent as big as Man Utd and Liverpool and they will no doubt snap up our wonder kids for £30-40m each. Still, you cant have it all can you??!! :D

I might say exactly that about Fryatt this season. Why you wish to be rid of someone who has scored and made goals when the team has been consistently winning points yet wish to support someone who has done so little, not been fit and has played his part in a string of results that, if continued, would have got us relegated, I fail to understand.

Perceptions of people I guess.

I might say exactly that about Fryatt this season. Why you wish to be rid of someone who has scored and made goals when the team has been consistently winning points yet wish to support someone who has done so little, not been fit and has played his part in a string of results that, if continued, would have got us relegated, I fail to understand.

Perceptions of people I guess.

Because Fryatts having a bad season interupted by injurys and lack of fitness (which is a perfectly acceptable excuse when used for Mr Dodds is it not) Hammonds having a bad career. It's very very simple! Ones young has great potential and has shown it, the other has continualy shown he's utter garbage and is not getting any better.

As I say this Scoreing and making goals thing is absloute Myth! The goals he scored are mostly against poor opposition, the goals his made he's mostly not ment to! He's not good enough for this division!

Because Fryatts having a bad season interupted by injurys and lack of fitness (which is a perfectly acceptable excuse when used for Mr Dodds is it not) Hammonds having a bad career. It's very very simple! Ones young has great potential and has shown it, the other has continualy shown he's utter garbage and is not getting any better.

As I say this Scoreing and making goals thing is absloute Myth! The goals he scored are mostly against poor opposition, the goals his made he's mostly not ment to! He's not good enough for this division!

Virtually all scoring in the Championship is against poor opposition! How you can find any excuse for Fryatt's fitness levels at the start of the season I don't know - and he's never really recovered since. I said he'd find it harder this season as a known quantity and that's been the case.

He does have some ability but is very limited in many ways - in terms of heightt, strength, pace, aerial power, and the positions he scores goals from.

I am quite sure many defenders would generally find it easier to mark Fryatt than Hammond.

Virtually all scoring in the Championship is against poor opposition! How you can find any excuse for Fryatt's fitness levels at the start of the season I don't know - and he's never really recovered since. I said he'd find it harder this season as a known quantity and that's been the case.

He does have some ability but is very limited in many ways - in terms of heightt, strength, pace, aerial power, and the positions he scores goals from.

I am quite sure many defenders would generally find it easier to mark Fryatt than Hammond.

It's not important (apart from the last bit which is not true and will get better with time) looking at ex Leicester players Linkear lacked these qualties, Cottee lacked these qualties, Dickov lacked these qualties. Come to think of it so does Golden boy Dodds.

Look around Europe and you'll see plenty more players the lack these physical attributes

He's a tidy footballer with a good touch, good footballing brain, and he can pass the ball, and he can finish. He's not as totally void of pace as people make out either especially when you consider the pace of the average defender in this division. Given time he'll establish himself as one of this divisions better players and will score goals regularly later on in his career at ths level at very least.

Archived