Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Strikers Shine In Training Game

But Hammond scores more goals than Fryatt, yet the former's supposedly the inferior player? I'm not disagreeing that he's shite, TPH, but so was Benjamin. It's not fair to either of them to say they didn't contribute though. And unitl RK actually uses Dodds or Odhiambo, we won't know if we have a more effective striker in our ranks, right?

This season maybe so. If we take in to account previous seasons, then Fryatt blows Hammond out of the pond and he's 5 years younger than Elvis.

This season maybe so. If we take in to account previous seasons, then Fryatt blows Hammond out of the pond and he's 5 years younger than Elvis.

Fryatt is a better footballer than Hammond and will eventually regain his form and fitness and push Hammond completely out of the team. A good Fryatt is miles better than the current Hammond.

But clearly Hammond fares better this season, and how people can say he's been utterly useless is beyond me as that's just not the case! It's been a poor season for nearly all players this season, but contribution-wise, Hammond is nowhere near the worst of the bunch, and it annoys me when people portray him as being just that.

There's only been one previous season Ric.

And even then he was hardly prolific.

He is the right age, granted, but his readiness for the start of the season hardly indicated a kid going places.

In fact he didn't justify his selection for those first two defeats of the season in any way, something I am sure undermined Kelly's management in some players eyes right from the off.

There's only been one previous season Ric.

And even then he was hardly prolific.

He is the right age, granted, but his readiness for the start of the season hardly indicated a kid going places.

In fact he didn't justify his selection for those first two defeats of the season in any way, something I am sure undermined Kelly's management in some players eyes right from the off.

He scored 20/21 goals, thats prolific in my book.

Hold on Manwell. I though you said bargain basement football didn't count. :whistle:

If you go back and try and find something bad I've said about League One you'll be searching for a long time. Also I go on about cup matches against inferior oppostion more as the it's more unevenly balanced than a league game. They weren't all at "Bargin basement" level any how, Fryatt scored over 20 goals for two very poor teams last season and thats impressive.

If you go back and try and find something bad I've said about League One you'll be searching for a long time. Also I go on about cup matches against inferior oppostion more as the it's more unevenly balanced than a league game. They weren't all at "Bargin basement" level any how, Fryatt scored over 20 goals for two very poor teams last season and thats impressive.

Fryatt is a good player we all know that.

And he wil go on to get better hes just been unlucky with injuries/form and a good player never loses his ability.

and theres no doubting his ability

As for Hammond, well, hes been alrite this season. The few games hes played hes done ok and this constant berating of him is unjust. Just cosits Hammond 'oh hes shite'

One team that got relegated and one that just stayed up. To score 21 goals for 2 teams like that is very, very good. Especially for a 19/20 year old player.

That can never be taken away from him.

I thought Fryatt played for Walsall before Leicester. I've got a pal who's a Walsall fan and boy has he suffered in recent seasons. Pretty well bargain basement in my eyes.

And he didn't score many of his 20 goals for Leicester. He was okay, nothing more and has gone downhill since. With this season's record, if his name had been Dodds, you'd have been screaming for him to be replaced - and with a good many others.

Indeed I'm not sure your cut-offs are so much to do with the standard of play as the players concerned.

If they're expensive golden boys from Walsall they get a bit of slack if they're upstarts from Leicester's Academy their efforts have far less merit yet Walsall/Bury/Macclesfield/City Reserves v Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea - I don't see so much difference.

For all that I hope you, Ric and all the others are proved right about Fryatt. But I'll be looking at the evidence rather than the artistic impression or technical merit

I thought Fryatt played for Walsall before Leicester. I've got a pal who's a Walsall fan and boy has he suffered in recent seasons. Pretty well bargain basement in my eyes.

And he didn't score many of his 20 goals for Leicester. He was okay, nothing more and has gone downhill since. With this season's record, if his name had been Dodds, you'd have been screaming for him to be replaced - and with a good many others.

Indeed I'm not sure your cut-offs are so much to do with the standard of play as the players concerned.

If they're expensive golden boys from Walsall they get a bit of slack if they're upstarts from Leicester's Academy their efforts have far less merit yet Walsall/Bury/Macclesfield/City Reserves v Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea - I don't see so much difference.

For all that I hope you, Ric and all the others are proved right about Fryatt. But I'll be looking at the evidence rather than the artistic impression or technical merit

lol Your scrambling for an arguement now and it's starting to get funny.

Walsall weren't in League Two when we bought him you pratt they were in League One(thats one below us), they got relegated after he left. One division above where a sertain "upstart from Leicesters academy" can't even get a game. Moan all you want he hit proffesional goals last season something no other striker we have has ever done.

Again you've managed to confuse me but if your suggesting Fryatt scored his goals against Macclesfield and Bury your again very wrong try Forest Swansea Colchester and Southend.

lol Your scrambling for an arguement now and it's starting to get funny.

Walsall weren't in League Two when we bought him you pratt they were in League One(thats one below us), they got relegated after he left. One division above where a sertain "upstart from Leicesters academy" can't even get a game. Moan all you want he hit proffesional goals last season something no other striker we have has ever done.

Again you've managed to confuse me but if your suggesting Fryatt scored his goals against Macclesfield and Bury your again very wrong try Forest Swansea Colchester and Southend.

I wasn't suggesting he scored against Bury or Macclesfield - it is you who decry the value of goals against such teams, despite them being only one division below acceptable Walsall!

Your cut-off point is a convenience.

I've seen Fryatt play and in some ways he's quite good. But he's limited for a striker and I'll be surprised if he ever gets near Premiership level.

Especially based on this season's efforts.

I wasn't suggesting he scored against Bury or Macclesfield - it is you who decry the value of goals against such teams, despite them being only one division below acceptable Walsall!

Your cut-off point is a convenience.

I've seen Fryatt play and in some ways he's quite good. But he's limited for a striker and I'll be surprised if he ever gets near Premiership level.

Especially based on this season's efforts.

So you'd argue that Hammond is nearer??

:blink:

You lost this argument long ago.

The longer you go and the more knots you tie yourself in, the funnier it gets.

Please do carry on!

So you'd argue that Hammond is nearer??

:blink:

You lost this argument long ago.

The longer you go and the more knots you tie yourself in, the funnier it gets.

Please do carry on!

Exactly how my comment about Fryatt equates to Hammond's situation I don't know.

As for the argument, as I say, the facts - especially this season - speak for themself.

If Fryatt ever returns to his best form of last season - cos he was patchy even then - perhaps he will deserve a better assessment. For now it would be a bonus if he was even available.

Meanwhile I have no problems with Hammond. He's doing a decent job and deserves a damned site more appreciation than he gets.

I know I'm weak.

I know I shouldn't have come back to this thread.

I'm just wondering if Elvis heading over our only goalbound shot against Palace which looked like troubling their keeper counts as a goal or an assist?

He was of course involved in that move so you're going to score points there. The problem being if he hadn't been involved, we would have scored.

Exactly how my comment about Fryatt equates to Hammond's situation I don't know.

As for the argument, as I say, the facts - especially this season - speak for themself.

If Fryatt ever returns to his best form of last season - cos he was patchy even then - perhaps he will deserve a better assessment. For now it would be a bonus if he was even available.

Meanwhile I have no problems with Hammond. He's doing a decent job and deserves a damned site more appreciation than he gets.

Come off it, the 16 or so games that Fryatt played last season were for the majority very, very good. As consistent a run of games from a striker in a Leicester shirt for a few years. I think he averaged about a goal every 3 games? Doesn't sound great, but if replicated for a whole season would be about 15 league goals. Something very few seem to do at this level, even if it doesn't appear to be that much of a feat.

He's had a bollocks season. Due to injury and being crap this season. So he's had one good season for a struggling League One team and a struggling Championship team, the season previous he had a decent season at League One that set him up for last season's return. He has then has a crap season at Championship level with a struggling Championship team due to reasons discussed at length on various occasions. So the jury's out, only Fryatt can prove who was right and who was wrong.

I've seen enough to know he's got the ability to be a success at this level. What worry's me is the players around him.

Come off it, the 16 or so games that Fryatt played last season were for the majority very, very good. As consistent a run of games from a striker in a Leicester shirt for a few years. I think he averaged about a goal every 3 games? Doesn't sound great, but if replicated for a whole season would be about 15 league goals. Something very few seem to do at this level, even if it doesn't appear to be that much of a feat.

He's had a bollocks season. Due to injury and being crap this season. So he's had one good season for a struggling League One team and a struggling Championship team, the season previous he had a decent season at League One that set him up for last season's return. He has then has a crap season at Championship level with a struggling Championship team due to reasons discussed at length on various occasions. So the jury's out, only Fryatt can prove who was right and who was wrong.

I've seen enough to know he's got the ability to be a success at this level. What worry's me is the players around him.

I rate Fryatt too, I think this season is one he will want to forget though. I was excited when we signed him and I still am now. He's young and I've seen enough of him, although not too much, to think he could be a very good striker. Next season when he's done pre-season fitness and if he stays injury free for longer, will be the real judge of his ability though. Would love to see a real successful Fryatt-Hume partnership!

Doubtless we'll learn the truth in time and I certainly don't hope you are wrong.

I've explained why I believe he is limited and I don't think he makes a natural partner because so often he ignores the runs of colleagues and goes his own way.

I wasn't impressed by the condition he was in at the start of the season but, against that, he does have ability and is still young enough to improve.

My inpression so far is that Fryatt will be Championship level at best but you are unquestionably right about the players around him because I don't think any Leicester strikers - or even wingers have much chance of doing well consistently, not with our currentl central midfield.

Doubtless we'll learn the truth in time and I certainly don't hope you are wrong.

I've explained why I believe he is limited and I don't think he makes a natural partner because so often he ignores the runs of colleagues and goes his own way.

I wasn't impressed by the condition he was in at the start of the season but, against that, he does have ability and is still young enough to improve.

My inpression so far is that Fryatt will be Championship level at best but you are unquestionably right about the players around him because I don't think any Leicester strikers - or even wingers have much chance of doing well consistently, not with our currentl central midfield.

Some of the best strikers in the world have been greedy and dont look to bring in a team mate first, but look for the goal. IMO there isnt anything wrong with that as long as the player concerned finds the back of the net regularly. Lets hope Fryatt rediscovers his form in time for next season.

Elvis seems to do well in training games. Maybe when Kelly sends him out to play for us he should simply inform him that it is a training game and a few extra fans than normal have turned up to watch us play. It'd probably do him the world of good. And he'd probably believe it as well. :rolleyes:

Archived