Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Strikers Shine In Training Game

It's not important (apart from the last bit which is not true and will get better with time) looking at ex Leicester players Linkear lacked these qualties, Cottee lacked these qualties, Dickov lacked these qualties. Come to think of it so does Golden boy Dodds.

Look around Europe and you'll see plenty more players the lack these physical attributes

He's a tidy footballer with a good touch, good footballing brain, and he can pass the ball, and he can finish. He's not as totally void of pace as people make out either especially when you consider the pace of the average defender in this division. Given time he'll establish himself as one of this divisions better players and will score goals regularly later on in his career at ths level at very least.

All the players you mention had special qualities of their own which I just don't see in Fryatt. I don't even want to mention the first three in the same breath as Fryatt but Dodds scores from a far greater variety of positions than Matty.

Matt Fryatt has achieved more in his short career than Elvis ever will! Already Matty has scored goals in the lower leagues, had the misfortune of suffering relegation(hopefully that has toughened him up), has scored hat-tricks for England at youth level and has impressed at this level, mostly last season and at time this season. He has also been the subject of a relatively big transfer fee over his head and has moved from a small club to a big one. Elvis started at a Premiership club and has seen his career go the opposite direction.

Matty Fryatt has a big future Im sure and I hope that whether we loan him out or whether we stick by him, I genuinely believe that he will end up with a much better career than Elvis will ever have and comparing the two is silly as Elvis has hardly scored two handfuls of goals in his whole career.

Matt Fryatt has achieved more in his short career than Elvis ever will! Already Matty has scored goals in the lower leagues, had the misfortune of suffering relegation(hopefully that has toughened him up), has scored hat-tricks for England at youth level and has impressed at this level, mostly last season and at time this season. He has also been the subject of a relatively big transfer fee over his head and has moved from a small club to a big one. Elvis started at a Premiership club and has seen his career go the opposite direction.

Matty Fryatt has a big future Im sure and I hope that whether we loan him out or whether we stick by him, I genuinely believe that he will end up with a much better career than Elvis will ever have and comparing the two is silly as Elvis has hardly scored two handfuls of goals in his whole career.

I'm glad you see such a big future for Fryatt cos I've seen no evidence at all yet.

I thought he was limited last year when he was scoring a bit but this year, when he should have been pumped up and full of determination to improve still further, he's been a big disappointment.

I'm glad you see such a big future for Fryatt cos I've seen no evidence at all yet.

I thought he was limited last year when he was scoring a bit but this year, when he should have been pumped up and full of determination to improve still further, he's been a big disappointment.

If he was in his mid to late 20s I`d be more concerned. If we had loads of creative midfielders and had a succesful side I`d be even more concerned but its still early days for him.

The best examples I can give you on giving young players a chance can maybe be found at Watford. Firstly, they have a player called Moses Ashikodi. He burst onto the scene as a kid I think at Millwall and went off the rails as he didnt immediately fulfill his potential. He has been to West Ham, Glasgow Rangers and now is back at a high level with Watford. He is still 19 and Watford have recently loaned him out for some more first team experience. Hopefully intime he will actually fulfill that potential. Another player who started well is Will Hoskins who they bought from Rotherham during the transfer window. He also burst onto the scene scoring goals for teh lower leagues and was capped at U-18,19 and 20s for England and then dissapeared. After almost 19 months in the wilderness he hit form again and earned a move to a premiership club.

We sometimes take for granted what happens to these young lads after big reputations and transfers (in relative terms that is). Fryatt may still live with his parents or live in Walsall and commute or may have moved locally but either way he wont see his nearest and dearest that often and all of a sudden has pressure to suceed.

Lets give the lad a chance is what I am saying.

Elvis has had plenty of chances in his career and he hasnt hacked it. Maybe he needs to move to a D1 or D2 side and become succesful at that level as IMO he is currently punching way above his weight.

At the back end of last season Fryatt either scored or had a helping hand in a lot of our goals that turned us from relegation favourites to securing our status in this league quite comfortably. His performances against Wolves, Palace and Reading at home last season were sensational. There were other games last season that he was excellent in, but if you can't allow your mind to cast back that far because you just don't want to then fair enough. Last season was last season and it's the future that we are concerned with, but i'm not writing Fryatt off just yet. He has acheived quite a lot in his 3 or 4 years in professional football, that counts as something.

Hammond has **** all on his CV other than not scoring his first professional goal in English football until he was 25. Bearing in mind he has played the majority of his football in this country and he's a striker. Their job is to score goals. There is a reason why players don't get picked on a regular basis by their managers aswell. Often because they are either crap (in Elvis's case), they are injured (Fryatt's case this season) or they fall out with their manager.

Hammond has had the best season of his career and yet he still can't score on a regular basis or get picked on a regular basis for a club that is quite frankly, shite! That speaks volumes.

At the back end of last season Fryatt either scored or had a helping hand in a lot of our goals that turned us from relegation favourites to securing our status in this league quite comfortably. His performances against Wolves, Palace and Reading at home last season were sensational. There were other games last season that he was excellent in, but if you can't allow your mind to cast back that far because you just don't want to then fair enough. Last season was last season and it's the future that we are concerned with, but i'm not writing Fryatt off just yet. He has acheived quite a lot in his 3 or 4 years in professional football, that counts as something.

Hammond has **** all on his CV other than not scoring his first professional goal in English football until he was 25. Bearing in mind he has played the majority of his football in this country and he's a striker. Their job is to score goals. There is a reason why players don't get picked on a regular basis by their managers aswell. Often because they are either crap (in Elvis's case), they are injured (Fryatt's case this season) or they fall out with their manager.

Hammond has had the best season of his career and yet he still can't score on a regular basis or get picked on a regular basis for a club that is quite frankly, shite! That speaks volumes.

I still think that Hammond, if used in the right system with Gradel and Dodds either side of him can score at least 50 goals next season, maybe 60. :D

I still think that Hammond, if used in the right system with Gradel and Dodds either side of him can score at least 50 goals next season, maybe 60. :D

Without a shadow of a doubt. That boy can open a tin of beans with his right foot, he's a gift.

Hammond's eternal problem, apart from his control, is that he doesn't easily fit into a system - and he's only used sparingly because prettier players like Fryatt are preferred no matter what they achieve or don't achieve and even established carthorses like Horsfield get the nod ahead of him, again for little reason that I can see.

I've not given up on Fryatt - but a fit Fryatt rather than the shadow player we've seen this season.

However everything I see about Leicester this season and considering all options suggests we should be playing 4-3-3 or even 3-5-2 with wing backs.

Hammond has contributed to about 10 goals this season - and that despite being intermittently picked and despite the fact the team has done well when he's played (in stark contrast to when Fryatt's played).

Hume has contributed to his share of goals despite his recent lean spell.

Horsfield is a target option and he can link people together so, considering we have no naturally effective right winger (who's going to be picked) the obvious answer is to play Hume in the hole with Hammond and Horsfield up front.

We should then introduce the creative and dangerous King into midfield/wide right where he plays naturally and increase our scoring potential naturally and through the use of our demonstrably most effective players.

Attacking full-backs would help provide additional width.

When we find a proper right winger we can by all means think again. But it needs to be a guy with pace, strength and the ability to be involved in scoring/creating goals as regularly as Porter.

fryatt should return as a substitute for any of the front three and rebuild his speed, strength and confidence sensibly.

Hammond's eternal problem, apart from his control, is that he doesn't easily fit into a system - and he's only used sparingly because prettier players like Fryatt are preferred no matter what they achieve or don't achieve and even established carthorses like Horsfield get the nod ahead of him, again for little reason that I can see.

I've not given up on Fryatt - but a fit Fryatt rather than the shadow player we've seen this season.

However everything I see about Leicester this season and considering all options suggests we should be playing 4-3-3 or even 3-5-2 with wing backs.

Hammond has contributed to about 10 goals this season - and that despite being intermittently picked and despite the fact the team has done well when he's played (in stark contrast to when Fryatt's played).

Hume has contributed to his share of goals despite his recent lean spell.

Horsfield is a target option and he can link people together so, considering we have no naturally effective right winger (who's going to be picked) the obvious answer is to play Hume in the hole with Hammond and Horsfield up front.

We should then introduce the creative and dangerous King into midfield/wide right where he plays naturally and increase our scoring potential naturally and through the use of our demonstrably most effective players.

Attacking full-backs would help provide additional width.

When we find a proper right winger we can by all means think again. But it needs to be a guy with pace, strength and the ability to be involved in scoring/creating goals as regularly as Porter.

fryatt should return as a substitute for any of the front three and rebuild his speed, strength and confidence sensibly. is that he is shit.

Spot on.

Hammond is useless.

He can't control, he has 0 composure, he gets lost on the football pitch hence his many offsides, he struggles to do the basic things, not to mention he can't finish to save his life.

His constant running around may only be a threat because.

A) 2/3 of the defenders in this division are either old or slow sometimes both.

B) He's so static its sometimes easy to lose track of him, most of the time hes off side but on the rare occasion he wont be and on an even rarer occasion they could be punished.

How many more times doe's he have to be offside or miss another hatful of gilt edge chances before you realise he is useless thrac ?

Hammond is useless.

He can't control, he has 0 composure, he gets lost on the football pitch hence his many offsides, he struggles to do the basic things, not to mention he can't finish to save his life.

His constant running around may only be a threat because.

A) 2/3 of the defenders in this division are either old or slow sometimes both.

B) He's so static its sometimes easy to lose track of him, most of the time hes off side but on the rare occasion he wont be and on an even rarer occasion they could be punished.

How many more times doe's he have to be offside or miss another hatful of gilt edge chances before you realise he is useless thrac ?

How many more assists and goals does he have to produce before you admit he actually contributes with quite a bit? Christ, if he somehow managed to put away 3 of those guilt-edged chances and scored a hattrick, some of you would still call him "useless"!!

How many more assists and goals does he have to produce before you admit he actually contributes with quite a bit? Christ, if he somehow managed to put away 3 of those guilt-edged chances and scored a hattrick, some of you would still call him "useless"!!

Bit more than 5 goals, and probabley about 2 assists, Thracians dressed up the stats to make them look better than they are by saying "he's been involved" in about 10 goals. "involved" as in the missing an open goals, running into people, and throwing himself around.

Hammond is bewilderingly effective but also shite. Play him a bit, get rid at the end of the season. He has no decent attributes except pace, getting in the way alot, and a ton of luck.

But he has done a fair bit, whether by luck or judgement.

In the end, this means he's best used how he is now - as an impact substitute to change the game a bit. No more, no less.

I tell you what shen... have you ever seen him play?

The suggestion that he might score a hat-trick suggests otherwise.

If he ever scores a hat-trick for us in a competitive game... well.. can you honestly see it?

Not true, Shen.

I've admitted that Elvis Hammond has had his best season of his career so far. But he's hardly done a great deal has he? He's done more than Fryatt and for now he's our third most effective striker. But looking past that, he's never going to be a prolific scorer and he's far too inconsistent to even unsettle defences. Even Kelly doesn't pick him that often and Kelly think's he's a smashing lad.

Elvis Hammond's next career move will highlight his talents, it won't be to a better club than ourselves. If he's lucky he'll get one more shot at this level, but my instinct tells me he'll be off to League One very soon.

It would be a miricle if he put away one let alone 3.

And he has only got a handful of assists people on here go on like he has made every single goal we've scored this season.

The thing is he has no footballing brain or skill and he's been here way longer than he should have been.

http://www.football-league.premiumtv.co.uk...0610274,00.html

Elvis Hammond has 3 assists this season.

Having said that, I don't know whether these stats are strictly true because i'd have put money on Porter having made more than 3 assists in the league this season. Off the top of my head he set up Hume's first on saturday, Horsfield's first against Cov and one of McAuley's goals against Ipswich, last just in the past month!.

Not true, Shen.

I've admitted that Elvis Hammond has had his best season of his career so far. But he's hardly done a great deal has he? He's done more than Fryatt and for now he's our third most effective striker. But looking past that, he's never going to be a prolific scorer and he's far too inconsistent to even unsettle defences. Even Kelly doesn't pick him that often and Kelly think's he's a smashing lad.

Elvis Hammond's next career move will highlight his talents, it won't be to a better club than ourselves. If he's lucky he'll get one more shot at this level, but my instinct tells me he'll be off to League One very soon.

I still don't see that being involved in some 10 goals during 17/18 matches - bearing in mind the limited time he's given on the pitch - is at all bad. Neither, as I say, the results that go with those appearances.

Chances are he will move on - Kelly will surely be looking to improve every position - but he's still got to find someone who will come to a Championship side to sit on the bench yet who will disrupt defences in the way that Hammond does.

I wouldn't be so quick to get rid unless I was damned happy with the replacement.

http://www.football-league.premiumtv.co.uk...0610274,00.html

Elvis Hammond has 3 assists this season.

Having said that, I don't know whether these stats are strictly true because i'd have put money on Porter having made more than 3 assists in the league this season. Off the top of my head he set up Hume's first on saturday, Horsfield's first against Cov and one of McAuley's goals against Ipswich, last just in the past month!.

I'm certainly not goint to argue with offical stats, espically if it gets me one over on Thracian.

Archived