Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Strikers Shine In Training Game

From OS

Strikers Shine In Training Game

0,,10274~3079817,00.jpg

A trio of Leicester City strikers were on target in a behind closed doors training match against Coventry City at Belvoir Drive on Tuesday afternoon.

Danny Cadamarteri (pen), Elvis Hammond and Eric Odhiambo were all on scoresheet in the 4-2 victory - with an own goal also counting towards the Leicester total.

City boss Rob Kelly watched on from the sidelines as first-team squad members including Conrad Logan, Darren Kenton, Mark Yeates and James Wesolowski all got a run out.

Danny Cadamarteri

If his knees can last for a match there, why don't we ever see him play a first team game?

This is a rhetorical question, I'm just sounding my exasperation with Kelly selecting Hammond all the f-ing time! :angry:

Hammond is an impact player.

He came, he saw, he ran and ran and ran. We somehow manage to bundle the ball back into the opposition goal while Hammond cunningly confused the defence (and his own team) with a bizarre run away from goal, without the ball. :ph34r:

Danny Cadamarteri on the other hand is busy working out exactly what that white line surrounding the pitch it. :ph34r:

davie g beat me to it :angry::P good for cadamateri too get on the score list. Talking of odihambo did anyone see his interview in the league paper. Hes one for the future people they do a section on

City out-foxed

Khalilou Fadiga

New signing Khalilou Fadiga grabbed his first Sky Blues goal as City's reserves battled out a 4-2 defeat at the hands of Leicester this afternoon.

The Senegalese international, who has made two late substitute appearances for the first-team so far, put forward his claims for a place in Saturday's starting XI by also completing 90 minutes.

Defender Stuart Giddings continued his comeback from injury by notching the other goal and midfielder Colin Cameron, recently sidelined with an Achilles problem, came through his first outing since January unscathed.

Skipper Robert Page also suffered no ill-effects from a knee injury as he played the full match, while winger Chris Birchall and defender Che Bunce were the other first-team stars featuring.

Danny Cadamarteri

If his knees can last for a match there, why don't we ever see him play a first team game?

This is a rhetorical question, I'm just sounding my exasperation with Kelly selecting Hammond all the f-ing time! :angry:

He must have scored 5 in reserve games.

He must have scored 5 in reserve games.

I'd involve Cadamarteri too but why yet more stick for Hammond?. He's scoring and making goals regularly - people forget how little time he gets cmpared with Hume.

Our draw Saturday only added to the run of non-losing results which Hammond has to his name and the win for Reserves only added another decent result in a season when we've notalways won.

As I say time and again, Hammond is continually under-rated because he never looks the part. In many ways he reminds me of Frank Large in the 60's. All arms, legs and clumsy with it - but a real handful for any defender.

I'd involve Cadamarteri too but why yet more stick for Hammond?. He's scoring and making goals regularly - people forget how little time he gets cmpared with Hume.

Our draw Saturday only added to the run of non-losing results which Hammond has to his name and the win for Reserves only added another decent result in a season when we've notalways won.

As I say time and again, Hammond is continually under-rated because he never looks the part. In many ways he reminds me of Frank Large in the 60's. All arms, legs and clumsy with it - but a real handful for any defender.

Shame it's more by luck than judgement, really.

Danny Cadamarteri

I cant quite work out whats happened to Cada either. He always seems to score in these friendlies but has hardly featured since the Fulham game. Are we just gettig him fit for someone next season like Rochdale??!

Shame it's more by luck than judgement, really.

I'm not sure about that - but does it matter either way?

I knew a centre-forward like that who forever scored with deflections, shots that came off his knee, accidental rebounds, the lot.

The point was that he was always around where it hurt. Twenty goals a season the guy got for years.

Another thing about Hammond is that, reserves or first team, he gives his all.

Good to see them all scoring. Odihambo seems to have gone a bit quiet on the scoring front lately, could anyone tell me how he has been playing?

I don't think he'll have had that much action since the Christmas break with three of the recent Academy games being postponed.

I knew a centre-forward like that who forever scored with deflections, shots that came off his knee, accidental rebounds, the lot.

The point was that he was always around where it hurt. Twenty goals a season the guy got for years.

Ayup, there's Frank Large again. In disguise this time for some reason.

Don't agree with that Thrac. He always seems lazy to me. Gives up far too easily.

We must have seen him on different days. :D

You watch a different game to everyone.

In your world, Sylla was sh it because he never scored and scoring is really important whilst Elvis Hammond is amazing because he tries and it is trying that is important and not scoring.

Williams was a waste of space despite being our best passer and goalscoring midfielder whilst Andy King... a good passing central midfielder with an eye for goal is the best thing since sliced bread.

Matty Fryatt is over rated, unfit and pointless having only scored most of his goals in league one past professional footballing teams since the age of 18/19 whilst Louis Dodds is far superior because at a similar age, he was banging them in past Coalville U12's.

Funny old things opinions, aren't they?

You watch a different game to everyone.

In your world, Sylla was sh it because he never scored and scoring is really important whilst Elvis Hammond is amazing because he tries and it is trying that is important and not scoring.

Williams was a waste of space despite being our best passer and goalscoring midfielder whilst Andy King... a good passing central midfielder with an eye for goal is the best thing since sliced bread.

Matty Fryatt is over rated, unfit and pointless having only scored most of his goals in league one past professional footballing teams since the age of 18/19 whilst Louis Dodds is far superior because at a similar age, he was banging them in past Coalville U12's.

Funny old things opinions, aren't they?

Hammond scores and makes goals - certainly by comparison with all other City players apart from Hume and Kisnorbo.

King is far more positive and effective than Williams.

Fryatt is rarely available to play, has rarely been fit all season and is a centre-forward with two League goals (from 15 starts) to his name for the season so far. I doubt if Dodds could have done that badly in a blindfold.

I judge players by their effect rather than their reputation or their wages?

I judge players by their effect rather than their reputation or their wages?

But how do you know Dodds/King would be effective against better opposition?

You can argue that they might be until the cows come home, but until they're given a chance and are played against tougher opponents you never know how effective they'll be surely?

:dunno:

But how do you know Dodds/King would be effective against better opposition?

You can argue that they might be until the cows come home, but until they're given a chance and are played against tougher opponents you never know how effective they'll be surely?

:dunno:

I know how ineffective the alternatives have been in general. So the alternatives haven't got much to improve on really.

Williams was a waste of space despite being our best passer and goalscoring midfielder

The bloke scored three goals for us, and laid on a decent pass every 15 minutes. Apart from that he was lazy and never attacked the box, prefering instead to try to play a holding role when his tackling and closing down were, whilst not poor, not great either.

Williams one oof our best players when he turned up in body and mind, and I don't think he did that in more than 10 of his appearances for us.

Archived