Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

No one else worried that we are following Kelly's MO?

What happens when the next guy comes in and doesn't pick King and Gradel, doesn't play more attackers than defenders, doesn't improve us that much and signs a couple of shit players? How long do we give him, 3 months, 6 months a year?

I'm fed up if the bloody revolving door of managers as much as I am the inconsistent performances. I fear both are going to get worse with chopper mandaric in charge.

I just hope he gets it right first time. Otherwise he will get plenty of stick on these boards, probably from those who championed him the most.

What happens when the next guy comes in and doesn't pick King and Gradel, doesn't play more attackers than defenders, doesn't improve us that much and signs a couple of shit players? How long do we give him, 3 months, 6 months a year?

I'm fed up if the bloody revolving door of managers as much as I am the inconsistent performances. I fear both are going to get worse with chopper mandaric in charge.

I just hope he gets it right first time. Otherwise he will get plenty of stick on these boards, probably from those who championed him the most.

But stucking with duffers doesn't help either. Hoping for something to happen that isn't ever going to happen is mindless aswell.

It's not a criticism, as you are at least prepared to give players and managers the time of day and a fair crack. But recent history has shown that 75-80% of our players haven't been good enough or worth bothering with and neither has our past 4 managers. Give them 1 game or 300 games, it wouldn't of mattered. Success wouldn't come our way with the recent shower.

By the way, would Chopper stand for this bollocks we serve up?

I've tried to give the guy some slack and some understanding - cos I've not favoured a mid-season change of manager, because there's no obvious replacement, because Babylon hinted he attacked his way to success with Blackburn's youth team and because he's a novice manager who is bound to make mistakes.

I even wrote wishing him luck when Mandaric took over and hoping that he kept his job and made a success o it. I hoped every day that he would see some light and show some initiative with his team structure.

I should never have been so bloody soft. The evidence has been plain for ages really. Kelly is a solid shop floor worker - a reliable "hand" when what we need is dynamic leadership and a man with the footballing vision to take us forwards.

For me the sooner the change comes now, the sooner we can start properly looking forwards although, to date, I've been no more impressed with Mandaric and his championing of a Dad's Army than I have been with Kelly.

Burnley and Palace were only symptomatic of the ills which have prevented our team from ever once playing with a swagger in the Championship.

Truly you'd go a long way back to find more dire displays than those two, because, while thankfully I didn't go to Palace, I did go to Burnley and people are seriously claiming it was worse than that which is seriously hard to imagine.

This is not about results, we won one and lost one of the games I've mentioned. It is about approach. About team selection, tactics, attitude. There's no joy in the team, no style, no buzz, no balance, no collective unity, no determination to get forward and impose our will.

"I'm going there for a win," said Kelly. Well winning is about scoring goals and we are never going to score many the way we play - it's that simple.

There is no more colour in Kelly's approach to football than there is in his bland and uninspiring press comments. A business that should be full of vibrancy and expectation is all dull greys under Kelly.

Leicester City badly needs someone special at the helm and the sooner the better.

Brilliant Thracian..your point is well made and I for one am in total agreement with you! :clap:

RK`s appointment was a quick fix measure and like most managers who are interim appointments, it never seems to be a long term fix! The amount of interim managers who are "promoted" from within and do a job and then it gos tats up is amazing. I cant think of that many managers who were asked to take over a club after they sacked the manager and have gone on to be great managers.

I hope that MM does get it right but at least we can live in the knowledge that if his first appointment doesnt work out he`ll kick him out and get another one in quickly. Whatever happens, I hope we try and get a high-profile manager and not one of these young guns.

You know that's not fair Babylon. I've not even said King and Gradel will make it at all, and indeed have been more guarded than some about Gradel because he's not the finished article.

You complain of revolving doors but it's been like that on our right wing - six we'll have tried when Newton gets his chance - yet the only one who gets no chance is a kid who's fast, direct, scores goals for fun and who's team is sitting top of the League, pretty well the same as last season.

King may not be the answer either but again, he's scoring for fun from midfield in a table-topping side and he does what Hughes, Tiatto, Johnson, Jarrett never do...he gets in the box and has shots, not just once in a while but constantly.

I've asked that we have proper look at him because his qualities are what we're crying out for. He might not be able to produce them at Championship level but the people I've mentioned haven't produced them either at Championship level - not ever really.

My lasting point about running an Academy is that if we're seriously trying to develop players there comes a time when the best ones get to 18/19 that you have to involve them and give them senior experience.

Having people standing idle for weeks on end like Dodds, Sheehan, Stearman and Logan is wasteful and irresponsible.

By the way, would Chopper stand for this bollocks we serve up?

I don't suppose he would. Infact I'm pretty sure he'd have kneecapped Kelly and left him for dead somewhere a long time ago, wishing him luck in the process.

I have to say I'm not even slightly worried about us going down, 45 points on board, nine points clear of the drop, Leeds and QPR at home next two games. We should be safe by the end of the month.

I hope you don't live to regret saying that Manwell. I really do hope that Leeds prove to be the easy win they should be considering respective league positions, but then the same could have been said about Southend - and look what Kelly made of that. If we perform anything like we did at Palace against Leeds, I wouldn't be suprised to see them beat us. And the same could be said for the game against QPR. I want us to be mathematically safe by the end of this month, but unless we improve a great deal, we won't be. And we have some tricky games coming up as well.

I don't suppose he would. Infact I'm pretty sure he'd have kneecapped Kelly and left him for dead somewhere a long time ago, wishing him luck in the process.

I hope you don't live to regret saying that Manwell. I really do hope that Leeds prove to be the easy win they should be considering respective league positions, but then the same could have been said about Southend - and look what Kelly made of that. If we perform anything like we did at Palace against Leeds, I wouldn't be suprised to see them beat us. And the same could be said for the game against QPR. I want us to be mathematically safe by the end of this month, but unless we improve a great deal, we won't be. And we have some tricky games coming up as well.

I don't think we'll be "mathematically" safe for a good while yet. Safe in my book is 51 points and thats 6 more and I don't see us not picking up 6 points in the remaining fixtures, at all.

I don't think we'll be "mathematically" safe for a good while yet. Safe in my book is 51 points and thats 6 more and I don't see us not picking up 6 points in the remaining fixtures, at all.

Fifty-one really is worst case scenario. It would be unusual if we needed more than 48 although it has happened.

Fifty-one really is worst case scenario. It would be unusual if we needed more than 48 although it has happened.

Indeed, the amount of points we have now would of kept us up last season. As you say 51 really is worst case scenario.

I just don't think theres any chance of us going down, I never really have. After the Barnsley game I had some bloke asking me how Southend, Leeds and QPR we're getting on, I had absloutley no idea why, didn't clock it until I got in t'Swan.

So you're saying we'll be fine with 51 points? I can't really see a way I'd be able to disagree with that to be quite honest, and so yes, 6 points is all we will need from hereon in. But if truth be told, unless we raise our game in the coming weeks, we'll be lucky to pick up those 6 points. Leeds are scrapping for their lives at the minute and our form isn't all that impressive - they'll be hard to beat. QPR isn't exactly going to be an easy game considering how we're playing at the minute either. Then we face 3 tricky ties, 2 away from home (enough said), the other being against the automatic promotion chasing Sheep.

You know that's not fair Babylon. I've not even said King and Gradel will make it at all, and indeed have been more guarded than some about Gradel because he's not the finished article.

You complain of revolving doors but it's been like that on our right wing - six we'll have tried when Newton gets his chance - yet the only one who gets no chance is a kid who's fast, direct, scores goals for fun and who's team is sitting top of the League, pretty well the same as last season.

King may not be the answer either but again, he's scoring for fun from midfield in a table-topping side and he does what Hughes, Tiatto, Johnson, Jarrett never do...he gets in the box and has shots, not just once in a while but constantly.

I've asked that we have proper look at him because his qualities are what we're crying out for. He might not be able to produce them at Championship level but the people I've mentioned haven't produced them either at Championship level - not ever really.

My lasting point about running an Academy is that if we're seriously trying to develop players there comes a time when the best ones get to 18/19 that you have to involve them and give them senior experience.

Having people standing idle for weeks on end like Dodds, Sheehan, Stearman and Logan is wasteful and irresponsible.

:appl:

Agree with every word.

It's as worrying as your Posting MO....

6 games unbeaten, no barton fox.

1 games lost Barton Fox arrives to post more boring Kelly out stuff.

Yes but my MO won't get us relegated will it.

Wrong time of the season for this to happen.

Indeed, the amount of points we have now would of kept us up last season. As you say 51 really is worst case scenario.

I just don't think theres any chance of us going down, I never really have. After the Barnsley game I had some bloke asking me how Southend, Leeds and QPR we're getting on, I had absloutley no idea why, didn't clock it until I got in t'Swan.

The voice of sanity speaketh. If Leicester get just six points from the remaining twenty four on offer, Luton would need to win five of their last seven games. Hardly likely!!

Archived