Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Music Scenes You love and hate !

Fave music scenes are possibly either Post Punk (like Cabaret Voltaire, The Cure, The Fall etc) and anything Electronica, Leftfield and Downtempo (like Massive Attack, Jimi Tenor, Squarepusher). Also World Music is great too (Youssou N'Dour, Ali Farka Toure, Ladysmith Black Mambazo)

Music Scenes I hate was Britpop when Oasis and Blur came out, (who IMO are sh*t) and even Pulp went crap. Only Radiohead and Ocean Colour Scene kept me interested slightly in it. I also hate this new R&B thing you hear in Revolution (i.e. Destiny's Child, Akon etc.)

Scenes in general are mostly media creations and I tend to think they're for the weak-minded.

I'm not denying that it's handy to label things so you know what kind of music is similar and what else you might enjoy, but they tend to be an aid to mediocrity.

Scenes in general are mostly media creations and I tend to think they're for the weak-minded.

I'm not denying that it's handy to label things so you know what kind of music is similar and what else you might enjoy, but they tend to be an aid to mediocrity.

Bit philosophical; it's good to follow record-labels too !!

It depends what scene you're looking at.

I was heavily involved in the drum n bass scene a few years ago, and to a far lesser extent I still am.

There was very little media exposure given to this scene, it was quite simply a scene where people shared a common bond through the music they loved.

Nothing weak-minded or mediocre about it.

It's important to clarify between scenes engineered by the media and true scenes that evolve out of previous ones or develop out of a deep-rooted love and passion for the music at their base.

It depends what scene you're looking at.

I was heavily involved in the drum n bass scene a few years ago, and to a far lesser extent I still am.

There was very little media exposure given to this scene, it was quite simply a scene where people shared a common bond through the music they loved.

Nothing weak-minded or mediocre about it.

It's important to clarify between scenes engineered by the media and true scenes that evolve out of previous ones or develop out of a deep-rooted love and passion for the music at their base.

That's a point, actually. More 'underground' (cliché - sorry) scenes aren't the same at all.

Archived