Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxesfan1

steven hughes v.s mark yeates?

hi everyone i go every home game and away games but i still cannot see why steven hughes is playing ahead of mark yeates

yeates:

1.he has more spark and creativity

2.he is quick

3.he was played full games when he arrived and played well and scored on debut

4.at the leeds game and the west brom games hughes played awfully he missed 4 shots :!: last night at the leeds game why is he still played before yeates?

however i must say when hughes arrived he did have his spark too but i cant see why kelly messes the midfield round so much

lets here your views , cheers for reading

(not a fight)

i just cant see why hes playing ahead of yeates i thought we brought yeates in to brighten up the midfield not to put on the bench

You were quite cleary mistaken. So is Danny Cadamarteri, :rolleyes:

Nothing i've seen from Yeates suggest he's anything but lightweight. It's early to judge but on Tuesday's showing Newton is a far more accomplished right winger and should be first choice with Gradel on the bench getting proper involvement and 20/30 minutes whenever possible.

We should have first choice and shadow in all positions by now.

Now Newton has arrived your question is out of date. It will probably be a case of Newton or Yeates, in which case based on the Leeds game, reputation & experience - No contest at the moment.

As RK thinks he's a left winger you're really talking about

Newton / Cadamartri / Gradel on the right

Porter / Yeates / Tiatto on the left

As for Hughes he's now competing for a CM position with with Johnson, Jarrett, Tiatto, Weso, maybe Porter and many would say Hume.

With injuries and Rk's in ability to try anything different it's a case of Hughes, Jarrett, Johnson & Tiatto. with Tiatto only capable of playing left CM.

Not a lot of choice really considering Johnson is consistently worse than Hughes you're down to

Hughes, Jarrett

Jarrett, Tiatto

Hughes, Tiatto

I've no idea of Weso's current level of fitness but get the impression City are going to get to safety before they use Weso again and I have no quarrel with that.

Ignoring Weso on that basis the choice is stark.

But Andy King would definitely play and I wish Tom Tejan-Sie was a bit older, stronger and more experienced because those two would suit me fine.

There is no alternative for Porter on the left wing so bringing him into his best position would create a problem elsewhere unless Kelly went 4-3-3 which he wouldn't anyway and certainly won't now Newton's arrived.

So considering I don't rate Johnson or Jarrett that leaves King and Tiatto or King and Hughes for me unless Hume is put into the equation (again unlikely given he's the only one scoring regularly).

I have no great preference from the two choices. Tiatto's the sort who could keep King's confidence up and show an example in terms of effort but Hughes has the better engine and is, presumably playing for a future here.

In the end I'd start King/Hughes and probably draft Tiatto in after an hour or 70 minutes if it suited.

Threads like this put a sense of perspective of what little option we have. One is an injury prone central midfielder who for some reason the gaffer prefers to play on the right and Yeates is according to some Spurs fan mates of mine a decent "striker" (lol) who can play on the wing. From the little Ive seen of him I dont think that he is any better than Josh Low!

I`d much rather we didnt play either one and tried one of the kids as it is a problem position for us. Signing Shawn Newton isnt a great move despite his decent enough start.

Jeez we need a squad overhaul big time.

Is this not a bit like Syphilis vs Gonorrhea?

Burn to death vs Freeze to death?

Etc?

They're both fairly easy questions though sir, Gonorrhea doesn't kill you, and if you frozen to death theres a chance that scientists may be able to bring you back to life in the future.

This is more of "Who you you rather be locked in a small room with, Jimmy Saville or the Crankeys"

They're both fairly easy questions though sir, Gonorrhea doesn't kill you, and if you frozen to death theres a chance that scientists may be able to bring you back to life in the future.

This is more of "Who you you rather be locked in a small room with, Jimmy Saville or the Crankeys"

Or Gary Gliiter and Johnathan King. :unsure:

Stephen Hughes or Mark Yeates? Hughes will be played everytime. But that's not to say I'd like to see it. If I had the choice, I'd play Yeates in CM with a fit Tiatto/Weso, so he can push forward and use his "spark" and "creativity" for the magical purposes they're for whilst Tiatto/Weso does the donkey work in the middle and disrupts all the attacks. I'm not Kelly though, so this will not be the case.

Stephen Hughes was absolutely diabolical against Leeds.

Hardly got a pass right and after being here two years now he still hasnt made a positive impact - really.

His shooting was awful again against Leeds and three times it sat up nicely for him outside the box and mucked it up each time - where my female friends would have all hit the target - absolutely useless.

Yeates i havent seen much of only at the home games and he looks distinctly average...i would hope that when the season starts in August neither of them are listen in the squad :mellow:

Archived