Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Rab Douglas

He will be gone at the end of the season. I think he's just here to add experience and cover if Logan or Henderson should get injured.

Your about right there Ched :thumbup:

But i also think its so he can afford to pay for his bentley

He may be useless and he may be on a wedge, but until Mandaric took over, we couldn't afford to pay him off, so we couldn't cancel his big fat contract.

Worse still, unlike Sylla and Gerrbrand, there was no other club waiting to take him on once we let him go. Sylla was probably cancelled by mutual consent because he knew he had first-team football and a pay check waiting north of the border. Similarly for Gerrbrand.

Douglas though... who's going to pay him anything like the wages we do? It'd be easy to get rid of him if only we could find some mug silly enough to pay him what we pay... he might accept a move there without us having to pay him off. :dunno:

He's here because we couldn't afford to pay him off in one go (where would we find that kind of money from in one shot?) and because nobody else was willing to take him away. :whistle:

Surely we could loan him out and get another club to pay a percentage of his wages, though?

Paying him off doesn't really help unless he's detrimental to have around the training ground. If we're paying him the money anyway he can stick around and earn it instead of getting his money and then finding ANOTHER wage.

bk up like ched sed suppose he may be helping out with coaching hendo and logan?

Should be Stowells job really but he does seem to work with the first team more know. Maybe, not sure that I'd want him coaching them. :P

I did think it was because we couldn't afford to pay him off because of his high wages, Rab Douglas knows he wont get a better wage else where so he'll have no intention of Mutually cancelling his contract like Sylla Hamill or Gerrbrand did. however now Milans here I'm sure he'll be gone in the summer.

I did think it was because we couldn't afford to pay him off because of his high wages, Rab Douglas knows he wont get a better wage else where so he'll have no intention of Mutually cancelling his contract like Sylla Hamill or Gerrbrand did. however now Milans here I'm sure he'll be gone in the summer.

So your saying he's not available to do my extension until the summer....well that's not good enough, i will have to look elsewhere.....I here Joe Hamill is available!!!!

Ooooh get you with your vicious assault on not one... but TWO of the senior squad. lol;):smile:

Wasn't a vicious assault at all, simply me putting an idea which popped into my head and seemed a real possibility out into the openness that is FoxesTalk and the internet in general. As if I would ever say a bad word about the senior squad or anybody playing for us?!? :unsure:;):P

Seriously, there is no point having the bloke here. He's the goalkeeping equivalent of Mark De Vries.

So your saying he's not available to do my extension until the summer....well that's not good enough, i will have to look elsewhere.....I here Joe Hamill is available!!!!

What became of Hamill? Is he getting some games now or did he disappear into oblivion?. Ridiculous signing!

Didn't look non-League standard.

Is that the club or the street off Hinckley Road?. Is he actually playing any football and doing any good?. Manwell - it must all be in your little black book somewhere! :D

hes playing brilliantly ; they are calling him the new charlie cooke :P

Is that the club or the street off Hinckley Road?. Is he actually playing any football and doing any good?. Manwell - it must all be in your little black book somewhere! :D

He plays regularly but I haven't seen his name on any score sheets. As for his performance I'm not sure but he should be playing alright it's a crap level, We're talking The Scottish first division thats out of my range.

He's here more as a coach than anything else really. If we offer him a contract as a goalkeeping coach though he is hardly likely to accept before his playing contract expires. Maybe his top goalkeeping coaching is why Hendo is playing so well at the moment. :unsure:

Archived