Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Glastonbury

I know Glastonbury is supposed to be the mother of all festivals, but I think that they are a bit up themselves at the moment. I don't think it is right to sell the tickets without announcing who the bands are. There might be a load of crap on that you dont like. I know there has been loads of rumours but that is not quite the same. One of the rumours was Shirley Bassey??? Not quite the draw of Coldplay me thinks - unless you like that sort of thing. What do you think if you have bought tickets and end up with some poor acts. So I have opted to go to Isle of Wight and V Festival instead. :worship:

I personally think glastonbury pisses all over the other festivals I went to T in the park last year and had a great time but what got on my tits was all the crap of queing from the camp site to get in the arena then having to buy beer tokens to go and then collect your pint fron another section. Though having said that what is having shirley bassey playing all about i'll be giving that one a miss.

I personally think glastonbury pisses all over the other festivals I went to T in the park last year and had a great time but what got on my tits was all the crap of queing from the camp site to get in the arena then having to buy beer tokens to go and then collect your pint fron another section. Though having said that what is having shirley bassey playing all about i'll be giving that one a miss.

When Shirley comes on will be the time to brave the queue for the porta loos. trouble is everyone else will be doing the same. Otherwise not a bad rumoured line up. Seen the Killers this year and they were excellent, Who should be good too.

Enjoy :thumbup:

I know Glastonbury is supposed to be the mother of all festivals, but I think that they are a bit up themselves at the moment. I don't think it is right to sell the tickets without announcing who the bands are. There might be a load of crap on that you dont like. I know there has been loads of rumours but that is not quite the same. One of the rumours was Shirley Bassey??? Not quite the draw of Coldplay me thinks - unless you like that sort of thing. What do you think if you have bought tickets and end up with some poor acts. So I have opted to go to Isle of Wight and V Festival instead. :worship:

it dont matter what the line up is, its always amazing no matter what the weather is no matter what the line up is.

bloody coldplay, hope they aint on. :whistle:

I gather Glastonburg has changed since my previous attendances (1987 & 1989)

Certainly in those days the whole festival experience was far more important than the bands

I do have some extremely vague recollections of seeing Husker Du, Julian Cope, Elvis Costello, Billy Bragg, Gaye Bykers on Acid, Black Uhuru plus a band with a lot of lasers (Who I later found out were called New Order)

I have much better memories of all the girlies walking around topless in '89

Certainly in those days the whole festival experience was far more important than the bands

I do have some extremely vague recollections of seeing Husker Du, Julian Cope, Elvis Costello, Billy Bragg, Gaye Bykers on Acid, Black Uhuru plus a band with a lot of lasers (Who I later found out were called New Order)

All recollections of Leicester's finest should be vague. I went all the way to see them that year, Tony got me in, but I missed them in the end, too much of everything beforehand. Happy daze

I'm considering going to Download this year to see Turbonegro.

My housemate is going so I can stay in his tent.

Turbonegro are playing London Islington Academy on Thursday 7th June

If you are only considering D/load for Turbonegro it will be much better (and cheaper) to go to the London show - Now the London show has been announced I think Mrs Deathside & I will go there instead of Donnington

TURBONEGRO TOURDATES

Turbonegro are playing London Islington Academy on Thursday 7th June

If you are only considering D/load for Turbonegro it will be much better (and cheaper) to go to the London show - Now the London show has been announced I think Mrs Deathside & I will go there instead of Donnington

TURBONEGRO TOURDATES

I might drag Gareth (my housemate) to that.

it is in my opinion, id pay double price to go its amazing,getting wrecked with all my mates chatting to randoms. brilliant.

it is in my opinion, id pay double price to go its amazing,getting wrecked with all my mates chatting to randoms. brilliant.

Archived