Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MBK

Nigel Worthington

If we hadnt of got rid of him when we did we would definately be heading for League 1 this season, thats a certainty.

Cost us £600k to pay him off but it was worth every penny.

Having said that hes had several months holiday now, this is a big challenge for him and presume if you win say 3 out of your 5 he'll be given the job??

Whats your team likely to be for Sat please??

Douglas

Sheehan Elvidge Trollope Gradel

Welsh Johnson Kisnorbo Tiatto

Hammond Tompkins

The appointment of Nigel Worthington has disaster written all over it.

I didn't believe you at all - so I've gone back and looked at the press conference again - and by God you were right...the appointment DID have disaster written all over it

press.jpg

If you get fed up with his, "Don't care what the fans think", the "Sit-u-a-shun" as he calls, and playing anybody bar a right winger on the right wing, playing no-one whos under 23 and/or came through your acdemey, stopping any creative players being creative; then sing these

"You're not Worthy anymore"

"We want worthy on the doll"

"Come on lets be sackin him", proabably dont work for you, a tribute to delia

"We want Worthy out"

During Protests "We'll be back, we'll be back, we'll be back at 10 to 5."

"Please Resign before the match"

and in reference to our hoofball tactics

"All we do, all we do, all we do is hoof the ball"

Chants of HOOFFFF every time someone played a long ball

Carrow Road was not a happy place for the last year of Worthy's reign.

If you get fed up with his, "Don't care what the fans think", the "Sit-u-a-shun" as he calls, and playing anybody bar a right winger on the right wing, playing no-one whos under 23 and/or came through your acdemey, stopping any creative players being creative; then sing these

"We want Worthy out"

Thats something to look forward too, a manager who doesnt play a rightwinger but plays players out of position. Ive heard this story before lol

"We want Worthy out"

Sounds like a vast improvement to what we’ve been watching for the majority of the season.

I have mixed feelings. But I'm not going to judge until he's managed us for a couple of games. He didn't do the worst job in the world at Norwich so that's his good side. But obviosuly they had their reasons for his sacking this season. Even without him though they've hardly done better.

We'll wait and see. If he gets a couple on wins from these last few games we have I have a strong feeling he will become our next manager on a full time basis.

ok for the last 2 seasons, our performace has been awful, grants come in halfway through the season and got our players playing with a bit of grit, a bit of fire in their belly now, we're playing a damn sight better now than we were under worthington.

not saying i hate worthington, very nice man, but i think that was his problem, he was friends with most of our board, especially delia, he tried to be friends with the players and at the endof the day it didnt work, they didnt respect him as their manager becuase they saw him on the same level, and thats just not going to work

also you have been seeing norwich play for the last 4 or 5 years and see our perfromance degrade to sunday league level, few points above relegation and a god awful atmosphere, he had to go i like him but he wasnt strong was enough here tomanage our players.

so you'll probably mention the promotion season, and what a season that was, however, we had no injury worries, and all the players had been playing with each other for 2-3 seasons, only 1 or two new additions in the form of edworthy, huckerby, mckenzie and svensson, all very good players. and did i failt o mention that all the players were united in their hatred for brian hamilton who was the manager befroe woirthington, they were playing more for each other and the fans thatn worthington.

however, worthington very good bloke, and i hope he goes onto be a successful manager

I have mixed feelings. But I'm not going to judge until he's managed us for a couple of games. He didn't do the worst job in the world at Norwich so that's his good side. But obviosuly they had their reasons for his sacking this season. Even without him though they've hardly done better.

We'll wait and see. If he gets a couple on wins from these last few games we have I have a strong feeling he will become our next manager on a full time basis.

Spot on. :thumbup:

Ha, ha.

Used to always be 4-4-2, now he only plays 4-5-1.

Loves hoofball and players who work hard but are ultimately shit. falls out with players all the time too. if you go 1-0 up expect him to go uber defensive, he did that in the po final and it cost us a win.

search youtube for worthy out, sure there's plenty of vids.

at his previous two jobs both fans have had protests calling for his head!

better hope milan doesn't want this idiot permanently.

He isn't gonna be the boss next season anyway. Maybe Director of Football but not manager.

If he performs, Paul Ince will be manager and Nigel Worthington Director of Football. :thumbup:

If he doesn't perform, Coleman could arrive. :thumbup:

Why would Paul Ince want Worthington as Director of Football?. The manager directs the football and he could buy another 2/3 players with the DoF's salary..

Why would Paul Ince want Worthington as Director of Football?. The manager directs the football and he could buy another 2/3 players with the DoF's salary..

I stuggle to think of any club thats done paticular well with a director of football working with a manager.

Archived