Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Flemmish

Academy Close In On Title

Academy Close In On Title

Leicester City's under 18 side kept up their remarkable run of results with a 4-1 victory over West Ham United on Saturday afternoon.

Max Gradel, Eric Odhiambo, Billy McKay, Ryan Beswick (pictured) grabbed the goals for the Foxes on the day - their sixth win on the spin.

In fact the Foxes have now scored an incredible 90 goals from their 26 games to date - conceding just 35 along the way.

The victory leaves City eight points clear at the top of the Group B table - and the young Foxes must secure just a point from their remaining two games to grab the title.

Walkers Youth Academy Manager Jon Rudkin said: "West Ham are joint top of their respective division, and are obviously a renowned academy.

"It was a very good game, and one in which we have obviously done very well in.

"The match was very evenly balanced at 2-1, but we managed to sustain it in the second half."

Pentney, Cox, Rowe-Turner, Lycett, Garner, Gradel, Magunda, King, Beswick, Odhiambo (Chambers), McKay.

If Ohhiambo is ahead of him, he's got to be fairly overated. He worked hard, but I thought he looked hugely out of his depth against Villa. I appreciate that's just one performance but it definitely looked like too soon for him there.

Top of the league is what happens when you play 18 year olds against 16 year olds.

No reserve team gives us no other choice but to do that? Otherwise the older academy players will be sat twiddling their thumbs every week like Sheehan.

Bit of an exaggeration anyway as Joe Mattock has been one of the stars this season and he is still 16.

No reserve team gives us no other choice but to do that? Otherwise the older academy players will be sat twiddling their thumbs every week like Sheehan.

Bit of an exaggeration anyway as Joe Mattock has been one of the stars this season and he is still 16.

And they were next to the top last season with virtually the same team!

And they were next to the top last season with virtually the same team!

So they're older than most of the teams they play and have a years more experince than them.

We do despartley need a reserve team, I used to enjoy watching the stiffs play, and it would improve our fitness levels.

I thought West Ham would present tougher opposition for us but I looked on the Premiership website the other day and West Ham recently only managed a 0-0 with Millwall, a team we battered the other day which makes me wonder if they're actually that good or not? Then today I read on the West Ham website that the majority of their team had played for the reserves earlier in the week too. Granted, our 18s played in the week too but not at reserve team level, possibly against more experienced players.

Archived