Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Replica Shirts & Names

Walking back from the game there were plenty of replica shirts, 100s in fact but it was noticable that very few had names on, I saw one Stearman, one Fryatt, one McCarthy and Two Hume oh and one Riley, 60's LCFC Winger; about 6 or 7 with own names the rest were noticably blank.

A few years back praqctically everyone wearing a sihrt had a players' name on it. So is this demise the same at all clubs or just ours and is it because of the one year cycle or because we just do not have any affinity with the current crop of players?

Never having owned a replica shirt, never mind one with a name on I just wondered why this has happened.

I can say I have always bought replica kits since the age of about 6. I've had Heskey on the back, Walker on the back of a goalie one, Izzet on the back and Elvis on the back of last seasons (don't ask me why). This season I left it blank, becasue nobody appealed to me to have their name on the back. I would say the dropping numbers is partially down to the one-year cycle but mainly because of the inept players. Maybe different next season depending on the summer signings.

For me, it's crap shirts, combined with not knowing who's gonna be here at the end of the season, or the next. Especially when we were in the financial shit and rumours tended to circulate that we we'd sell Hume or Kisnorbo for cash.

At least I talked myself out of buying a Josh Low shirt. :ph34r:

For me, it's crap shirts, combined with not knowing who's gonna be here at the end of the season, or the next. Especially when we were in the financial shit and rumours tended to circulate that we we'd sell Hume or Kisnorbo for cash.

At least I talked myself out of buying a Josh Low shirt. :ph34r:

think of the value of that on car booty in 50 years..........ooooo there are not many of these around :)

Walking back from the game there were plenty of replica shirts, 100s in fact but it was noticable that very few had names on, I saw one Stearman, one Fryatt, one McCarthy and Two Hume oh and one Riley, 60's LCFC Winger; about 6 or 7 with own names the rest were noticably blank.

A few years back praqctically everyone wearing a sihrt had a players' name on it. So is this demise the same at all clubs or just ours and is it because of the one year cycle or because we just do not have any affinity with the current crop of players?

Never having owned a replica shirt, never mind one with a name on I just wondered why this has happened.

You've never owned a replica shirt?

I think we should al chip in and get you one next season. :thumbup:

think of the value of that on car booty in 50 years..........ooooo there are not many of these around :)

I wouldn't want to give someone my weekly pension to take it off my hands personally.

The fact that we can't relate to the players, overpriced shirts that are cheap quality, players coming and going...the thought of being seen with a certain players name on your back. Just imagine if you got the GK shirt with Douglas on it? He is now officially third choice.

You've never owned a replica shirt?

I think we should al chip in and get you one next season. :thumbup:

Well they never had them when I first started watching and I think they're a tad embarrasing on middle-aged men never mind decrepits like me. :whistle:

If i wanted one i'm sure I could scrape together a few pennies to buy one.

I saw some fat ugly bint with Hughes on her shirt. So I pointed it out quite loudly to the surrounding area there was much jollyment.

I've only ever got one players name on my shirt and it was at the end of the 2004/05 season when shirt printing was reduced. I got Hughes on the back... He was decent when he first came here!! :whistle:

In the current squad there's perhaps two players I'd consider having put on the back of my shirt - if I swung for that kinda thing.

But I don't, so it's irrelevant really. lol

For this club in particular, I wouldn't be surprised if we suffered a steeper drop in shirt printing than the average because our decline in quality even in the past two seasons has been rather dramatic to say the least. :ermm:

I saw some fat ugly bint with Hughes on her shirt. So I pointed it out quite loudly to the surrounding area there was much jollyment.

I saw someone with a Horsfield shirt, walking along the canal. lol:dunno::frusty:

Last City shirt I had printed was my 1998/2000 home shirt... COTTEE 27... memories. :(

He was originally my third choice, however, I picked a bad time to get my shirt printed, seemingly...

"What name would you like on the back?"

"Izzet, please."

"We've got no 6s."

"Elliott then."

"We've got no 1s."

"Cottee?"

Last kit I had with any lettering/numbering was a keepers' kit back in 96 or 97 (that funky green/black number we had) :cool:

It simply had a 1 on the back.

I'd have a number on a shirt again, but I just don't fancy the naming bit at all. Not even my own name. :ph34r:

Archived