Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

West Indian fast bowler Jerome Taylor is set to join us in the next few days, according to the Mercury.

This would be a decent overseas signing for us for a change :thumbup:

Yeah, he's be a great singing I reckon.

He got a hat trick against Australia in a test match once lol

Exciting move for the club.

Hopefully replace Nick Walker :angry:

Lancashire and Durham to come. We need big wins if we are to go through to the quarters. Plus, i just hope that Notts somehow lose their next matches or so.

Edited by The Oriental Express

Another no result which has left our hopes hanging by a thread, thats now 3 'no results' in 6 fixtures and only one fixture where the full suppliment of overs were played. It is becoming slightly farcical.

We can still go through as best 3rd place though. One win should do it.

This twenty/20's turning into a farce they might just as well toss a coin now and save everyone the trouble.

To make it authentic teams could toss 20p coins :rolleyes:

20_PENCE05.JPG

This twenty/20's turning into a farce they might just as well toss a coin now and save everyone the trouble.

To make it authentic teams could toss 20p coins :rolleyes:

20_PENCE05.JPG

:thumbup:

Notts have made 61 for 3 against yorks 5 overs game (need notts win here).

Could still claim quarter final spot with win against Lancs although only 10% chance of play Friday. :dunno:

Team

Nottinghamshire-7 4 1 0 0 2 0.88 10.0

Lancashire 6 3 1 0 0 2 0.86 8.0

Leicestershire 7 2 1 0 0 4 -0.14 8.0

Yorkshire 7 3 3 0 0 1 -0.22 7.0

Durham 7 1 4 0 0 2 -0.57 4.0

Derbyshire 6 0 3 0 0 3 -1.22 3.0

We need a massive win against Lancashire to stand a chance of getting through.

3) Northamptonshire 7 2 2 0 0 3 0.4 7.0

(Mid/West/Wales Division)

3) Sussex 6 3 2 0 0 1 -0.66 7.0

(South Division)

If we don't beat Lancs, and Sussex and Northants lose against there opposition repsectively, we may have a chance of getting through via best third place spot. But a win would be healthy.

Edited by The Oriental Express

Team

Nottinghamshire-7 4 1 0 0 2 0.88 10.0

Lancashire 6 3 1 0 0 2 0.86 8.0

Leicestershire 7 2 1 0 0 4 -0.14 8.0

Yorkshire 7 3 3 0 0 1 -0.22 7.0

Durham 7 1 4 0 0 2 -0.57 4.0

Derbyshire 6 0 3 0 0 3 -1.22 3.0

We need a massive win against Lancashire to stand a chance of getting through.

3) Northamptonshire 7 2 2 0 0 3 0.4 7.0

(Mid/West/Wales Division)

3) Sussex 6 3 2 0 0 1 -0.66 7.0

(South Division)

If we don't beat Lancs, and Sussex and Northants lose against there opposition repsectively, we may have a chance of getting through via best third place spot. But a win would be healthy.

the two best teams that finish 3rd go through not just one. We should be alrite. Hope for a wash out then we are pretty much safe! :unsure:

I'm in Chicago for the summer but it seems like this year's competition has been a complete farce. Fair enough the weather ruined a LOT of games but Leics (having had their Lancs match called off) could quite easily go out of the competition having lost just 1 match. I know they are on a tight schedule to get matches in but was there no way they could have carried matches on for a second day. The only match we lost was a shortened match anyway. This year has barely been 20 20 cricket as a lot of match have been like 5 overs each - surely that does not constitute as a cricket match?!?! If Leics do not make it for the first time it will be very unfortunate.

Do they definitely go out? Because (and I might be wrong) I think they might possibly have the next best record, based on today's results. I think (and I haven't confirmed this with the finalised tables) that they will be level on points with Worcs but with a better run rate. But does the place automatically go to another team who finished 3rd. Complete load of bollocks the whole tournament has been this year.

Do they definitely go out? Because (and I might be wrong) I think they might possibly have the next best record, based on today's results. I think (and I haven't confirmed this with the finalised tables) that they will be level on points with Worcs but with a better run rate. But does the place automatically go to another team who finished 3rd. Complete load of bollocks the whole tournament has been this year.

Pretty certain were screwed - two best third placed teams go through.

Bit of a travesty for us but fook it :@

Pretty certain were screwed - two best third placed teams go through.

Bit of a travesty for us but fook it :@

And yet we beat Yorkshire and still go out by the smallest difference in run rate

From the Timesonline

Leicestershire’s remarkable record of reaching every finals day of the Twenty20 Cup ended in unfortunate circumstances when the holders’ game against Lancashire was rained off last night. Arriving at Old Trafford to find huge puddles on the outfield, the Foxes were left to contemplate their fifth washout in eight games.

To compound their misfortune, just over the Pennines in Leeds, Yorkshire played a full game in bright sunshine, securing the victory over Derbyshire that ensured their qualification but relegated Leicestershire to fourth place in the North division, even though they had lost only one game. Lancashire qualified as runners-up behind Nottinghamshire, whose game against Durham at the Riverside was also abandoned.

:angry:

Fcuking weather! But then again, winning against Durham would've made the biggest of differences. However, we are still a dominent force in the Twenty20, despite not reaching Finals Day for the 5th time running.

Next year Leicestershire, Next year...