Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Since Tim Boon has come in it has occured to me that several of our top players have left the club, see the list:

Ottis Gibson - Durham

Darren Maddy - Warwickshire

David Masters - Essex

and now....

Stuart Broad - Nottinghamshire

also a good prospect named....

Chris Liddle - Sussex

He then signs players like Mansoor Amjad, Jerome Taylor, RP Singh, Charl Langeveldt as our overseas players, Charl and Singh aren't bad but we need proven runscorers and wicket takers not upcoming amateur internationals who struggle at that level.

We won't win anything next season, this coach doesn't seem to know how to offer players good contracts and they all make their mind up pretty quickly, as a big Leicestershire fan i am deeply upset.

The problem is that we cannot compete financially with the bigger counties. Money is beginning to talk in cricket, just like it does in football.

I cannot ever see us playing again in the first division of the County Championship. And there are probably three or four other counties in the same boat.

The problem is that we cannot compete financially with the bigger counties. Money is beginning to talk in cricket, just like it does in football.

I cannot ever see us playing again in the first division of the County Championship. And there are probably three or four other counties in the same boat.

I agree with every word on that.

In my opinion, Boon is not the right man. He brings in awful overseas, when quite frankly, we should've made the effort of keeping Darren Maddy, Darren Stevens, Luke Wright, Chris Liddle, Stuart Broad and so forth. OK for Stevens and Wright, it was due to the previous manager, but it isn't an excuse. Whether it is the board or the manager, they should at least make the effort of keeping them, instead of bringing in Mansoor Amjad, Arno Jacobs (WHO???), and other Kolpak players.

Either invest in the youth and rebuild and do a Durham, or....lets just not bother.

Look at Durham, one of the best teams in the country now. I remember at one point they had nearly 6 players playing for England.

And it's no surprise that Broad is leaving. To a massive club like :frusty: Notts :frusty: who have ambition, it's no shock he has gone there.

Facking disgraceful Leicestershire. Lets just see how many youth come through the ranks to play for the seniors....

I agree with every word on that.

In my opinion, Boon is not the right man. He brings in awful overseas, when quite frankly, we should've made the effort of keeping Darren Maddy, Darren Stevens, Luke Wright, Chris Liddle, Stuart Broad and so forth. OK for Stevens and Wright, it was due to the previous manager, but it isn't an excuse. Whether it is the board or the manager, they should at least make the effort of keeping them, instead of bringing in Mansoor Amjad, Arno Jacobs (WHO???), and other Kolpak players.

Either invest in the youth and rebuild and do a Durham, or....lets just not bother.

Look at Durham, one of the best teams in the country now. I remember at one point they had nearly 6 players playing for England.

And it's no surprise that Broad is leaving. To a massive club like :frusty: Notts :frusty: who have ambition, it's no shock he has gone there.

Facking disgraceful Leicestershire. Lets just see how many youth come through the ranks to play for the seniors....

I'm not a great cricket fan but don't you think Trent Bridge being a test ground and all the money that draws in has some significant influence on their ambition and ultimately makes and keeps them massive?

Test Grounds in cricket are the equivalent of the Champions League in football it would seem to me in that they totally unbalance the whole structure of the domestic game.

I'm not a great cricket fan but don't you think Trent Bridge being a test ground and all the money that draws in has some significant influence on their ambition and ultimately makes and keeps them massive?

Test Grounds in cricket are the equivalent of the Champions League in football it would seem to me in that they totally unbalance the whole structure of the domestic game.

Indeed.

The gap between those counties which stage Tests and those which don't is growing all the time.

Middlesex play at Lord's. Surrey play at The Oval.

Though it escapes me why London should have TWO Test grounds... :unsure:

Because it's 6 times bigger than the next biggest city??

I don't agree with it, but you can see the point!!

Middlesex play at Lord's. Surrey play at The Oval.

Though it escapes me why London should have TWO Test grounds... :unsure:

Middlesex rent Lords from MCC so they get no revenue from Test matches. I was speaking to a Middlesex supporter during our pro 40 win there earlier this season and he said they can barely afford it any more and are looking for other options...

Edited by gazzer

I cant believe Broad has left as he is a major talent. God knows how often he`ll end up playing county cricket next season anyway as he emerges with the England team but still, its never nice losing your best players. Still, his dad played for Notts as well didn't he? Maybe that had something to do with his decision?? :dunno:

I cant believe Broad has left as he is a major talent. God knows how often he`ll end up playing county cricket next season anyway as he emerges with the England team but still, its never nice losing your best players. Still, his dad played for Notts as well didn't he? Maybe that had something to do with his decision?? :dunno:

for 9 seasons :|

LCCC really need to sort themselves out within the County to bring in support and revenue. They never did build on the work of Birkenshaw and Whitiker with those 2 championships (now almost a decade ago). Even recently the Twenty20 stuff was a solid base but like all Leicestershire sport except the Tigers no bugger will put money in to it.

I would love to have Bransonesque billions as the County and Riders would never have to worry about money again and neither would City.

Looking forward to the end of this season, and next can stay away as long as possible.

LCCC really need to sort themselves out within the County to bring in support and revenue. They never did build on the work of Birkenshaw and Whitiker with those 2 championships (now almost a decade ago). Even recently the Twenty20 stuff was a solid base but like all Leicestershire sport except the Tigers no bugger will put money in to it.

I would love to have Bransonesque billions as the County and Riders would never have to worry about money again and neither would City.

Looking forward to the end of this season, and next can stay away as long as possible.

:appl:

Same here. I'm dreading the new season. :cry: No wonder teams like Notts laugh at us :cry: not just because they are our rivals, but they are ambitious. They want to win trophies. Having a ground that stages Test Matches helps quite a bit, but they are always forward thinking. I play for Leicestershire Young Cricketers, and i hate to say it...seriously i do, but they have exceptional talent in their youth. It's remarkable at how good they are. Two of them i know well have got England U15's Cap. It weren't long ago since i play with them at Midlands level.

Thats slightly besides the point though. They are very talented, you with us at LCCC, there isn't too many around. :unsure:

The coaching is alright, but they keep telling us the basics. Strong base, loose bottom hand etc etc... whereas at Midlands, i learnt 3 times more than i have learnt since i joint the county circuit.

My point being, i can't see many of the youth making First XI if we are being told the basics. We need to rebuild from top to bottom, play mostly younger players because they have played with each other for years. That is the only way they can get better. It will take time, of course, but we will get stronger.

(Hope that makes sense)

Bring Back Jack Birkinshaw :wub: