Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Josh Cobb and Harry Gurney made their debuts :clap:

Sam Cliff got a late call whilst on his way to do a Painting and Decorating job in Preston. Commitment that :thumbup:

And... After 295-5, Northants collapsed from that, to 310 All Out. :clap:

Good start Tom New and John Maunders.

NICK WALKER ISN'T PLAYING - YES!

Boje spins Northants to victory

County Championship Division Two, Grace Road (day four): Northamptonshire 310 & 459-6d beat Leicestershire 236 & 356 by 177 runs

Former South Africa star Nicky Boje spun Northants to a 177-run victory over Leicestershire on the final day of the Championship match at Grace Road.

The critical wicket came when Boje, who finished with 6-110, bowled Paul Nixon.

The wicket-keeper hit 110 off 225 balls as he attempted to salvage a draw but when he was sixth out with the score on 315, there was scant resistance.

Boje picked up two further wickets before tea and the innings did not use up too much of the final session.

Oh well.

Next up is Glamorgan at home in the Pro40.

If we lose that we really will be in the poo! :(

Already are aren't we? :dunno:

I'm going to watch today. Two of the worst teams in the country will be fighting it out to be the least worst out of the two. :yawn:

We won :D

Glamorgan haven't won all season.

Leicestershire batted first and amassed an excellent 283-5. - reports bbc.co.uk

Allenby and Nixon :worship:

A wins a win, and i can't wait for the season to finish. It still doesn't change the fact that we beat one of the worst teams in the country. We should be going for promotion.

We won :D

Glamorgan haven't won all season.

Leicestershire batted first and amassed an excellent 283-5. - reports bbc.co.uk

Allenby and Nixon :worship:

A wins a win, and i can't wait for the season to finish. It still doesn't change the fact that we beat one of the worst teams in the country. We should be going for promotion.

Thank god these two have stayed with us or else we would of become even worse than Glamorgan :cry:

Lost off the the last ball to Surrey :rolleyes: Not good :(Scorecard

Aye :( Cracking game too. We looked like we was going to win, but Dernbach smashed it, last ball...miles!!! :o

I Went for the last 10 overs. Naik bowled well in his spell of what i watched. Off Taylor's last over, it was brilliant. Yorker after yorker after yorker, oooh, and a wicket :P

David Masters - Thank You For Your Services.

Aye :( Cracking game too. We looked like we was going to win, but Dernbach smashed it, last ball...miles!!! :o

I Went for the last 10 overs. Naik bowled well in his spell of what i watched. Off Taylor's last over, it was brilliant. Yorker after yorker after yorker, oooh, and a wicket :P

David Masters - Thank You For Your Services.

Thank you Dave :worship:

Robinson :|

Maunders :(

Jacobs :)

Paul Harrison :blink:

Marc Rosenborg :blink:

David Stiff :angry:

Have all been released :angry: say Leicestershire CCC website

All were fairly good, haven't got a clue why we released robinson, i know he has had a poor season but hasn't everyone with the exception of Nixon and Broad (of what games he actually played) I'm glad Jacobs has gone he was crap :angry:

Lets hope Boon signs players with a little bit more about them than the players who played this year.

In a nutshell, we was crap. Lets not deny this.

I would like to see some kind of takeover at Grace Road. Buy the ground off Leicestershire County Council. Improve facilities. Hire coaches who have brains. GET RID OF DIRT LIKE NICK WALKER. Buy players who are proven. Please, no more Kolpak players. Lets keep hold of HD and Claude, and buy proven Englishmen.

Pope aiming to follow in Nixon's footsteps

Monday, 24th September 2007

LEICESTERSHIRE are offering talented young wicketkeeper Joel Pope the opportunity to follow in Paul Nixon’s footsteps.

The 18-year-old wicketkeeper-batsman has been handed a professional contract at Grace Road after impressing in his appearances for both the MCC Young Cricketers and Leicestershire’s Second XI.

It gives the teenager a chance to emulate Nixon, who started his career with Leicestershire after a spell on the MCC Groundstaff.

“Joel has got the best pair of hands I’ve seen in a young wicketkeeper for some time,†said Leicestershire’s Head Coach Phil Whitticase.

“He impressed us when he played here for MCC Young Cricketers and then performed well when we gave him a chance in the Second XI.â€

Pope is a nephew of current Middlesex wicketkeeper Ben Scott and is heading to Perth in Australia to play for Melville this winter.

“I hope I can follow in the footsteps of Paul Nixon who has had a fantastic career,†said the youngster. “I am hugely grateful to Clive Radley and Mark Wright for helping me to take my game to the next level.

“My year on the Young Cricketers staff has been a steep learning curve and it’s given me great opportunities to develop my all-round game.â€

Former Middlesex and England batsman Radley said: “I am really delighted for Joel and I wish him well in his future career.â€

The signing of Pope underlines Leicestershire’s intention to develop a squad of talented young players and they are expected to announce another significant signing in that respect this week.

Copied from official LCCC site.

Promising signing methinks although are they going to get Tom New just to concentrate on batting?? ;)