Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Geo V

Saturday cant come quick enough!

Is it me or is this week dragging on lol???!! Usually the week flies by, but this week is dragging on and I cant remember one being so long(which one of you will come on to let me know that a week is 7 days long and 24 hours per day so it isnt longer?!!). I cant wait for Saturday 500pm Saturday to come and go so that we can see if we are closer to safety or closer to hell.

This is painful stuff being a Leicester fan at the moment!

I cant see us havinga good day on Saturday to be honest. Our time will come next week maybe but we may be deeper inshite come Saturday and then maybe the players will wake up? Predictions for this weekends results in the Championship anyone?

Derby County 4 - 1 Luton T

Barnsley 2 - 1 Crystal Palace

Colchester U. 1 - 2 Sunderland

Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Southend U

Preston North End 2 - 1 Leicester C

Queens Park R. 2 - 1 Cardiff C

Sheffield W. 3 - 0 Coventry C

Southampton 3 - 1 Leeds U

Stoke C. 1 - 0 Hull C

Norwich C. 1 - 1 Ipswich T

Wolverhampton W. 2 - 0 Birmingham C

Burnley 0 - 2 West Bromwich A

Just the ones that matter :

Barnsley 1 - 2 Palace

So'ton 2 - 0 Leeds

Stoke 1 - 0 Hull

Preston 1 - 1 Leicester

That 1 point may be enough. Or maybe not :unsure:

Barnsley have won there last two games, one at home to Birmingham and the other away to Southend who are both sides who were in desperate need for points for one reason or another. Palace have fook all to play for and Barnsley seem up for the fight so I can see Barnsley winning that which wont help our cause one bit.

Barnsley 1 - 0 Palace

So'ton 1 - 0 Leeds

Stoke 3 - 1 Hull

Preston 3 - 1 Leicester

Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Southend U

Derby County 2 - 1 Luton T

Doesnt look good Im afraid, that would leave it like this.....

19 Barnsley 44 -25 50

20 Leicester 44 -12 47

21 Hull 44 -14 45

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

22 Leeds 44 -22 45

23 Southend 44 -26 45

24 Luton 44 -25 37

Its about time we beat Preston.

Wasnt it 1955 the last time we won at Deepdale?! :blink:

Still I hope to god Stoke, So'ton and Palace are on fire this weekend... to be fair both Stoke and So'ton need the points to boost their playoff hopes (i can actually see Stoke making it to be honest... and I'd give them a fair chance if they got into the playoffs!).

I think we'll draw. But then I thought we'd beat Norwich and draw against Brum. Damn well should have done too.

Preston let there guard slip and lost to a few sides down the bottom of the league and went from possible automatic promotion candidates to being on the brink of slipping out of the play-offs. They responded well but hammering Cov 4-0 away and they are still not guaranteed a play-off place and thats what is worrying me at the moment. They really are desperate for the points and have home advantage and the no doubt ref bias that comes with it. I just hope we can scramble a point or 3 out of this one or at least lets hope everyone else down there messes up this weekend.

Nervous times!

Wasnt it 1955 the last time we won at Deepdale?! :blink:

Still I hope to god Stoke, So'ton and Palace are on fire this weekend... to be fair both Stoke and So'ton need the points to boost their playoff hopes (i can actually see Stoke making it to be honest... and I'd give them a fair chance if they got into the playoffs!).

We've not been in the same leagues very often since, so it looks worse than it is.

1954/57/58/59/60 Preston were an established top league team finishing 2nd & 3rd on two occasions

2002/4/5/6/7 Apart from 2002 we've been down amongst the dead men of the Championship.

In between Preston have been holidaying in the 3rd & 4th Divisions

Preston let there guard slip and lost to a few sides down the bottom of the league and went from possible automatic promotion candidates to being on the brink of slipping out of the play-offs. They responded well but hammering Cov 4-0 away and they are still not guaranteed a play-off place and thats what is worrying me at the moment. They really are desperate for the points and have home advantage and the no doubt ref bias that comes with it. I just hope we can scramble a point or 3 out of this one or at least lets hope everyone else down there messes up this weekend.

Nervous times!

Well lets hope we have the same ref as Tuesday because he showed no bias to LCFC only Brum.

Please god let city break the dead lock on saturday, im turning sick with worry as it is and cant get that image of the league tables with Leeds being only two points behind out of my head :(

Im not going to predict just hope and prey for saturday that Hume can find the net again!

Doesnt look good Im afraid, that would leave it like this.....

19 Barnsley 44 -25 50

20 Leicester 44 -12 47

21 Hull 44 -14 45

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

22 Leeds 44 -22 45

23 Southend 44 -26 45

24 Luton 44 -25 37

After that we play Barnsley and they host Ipswich and you can't keep relying on the teams around us to slip up.

I think we really need a point at least on Saturday even if Leeds lose.

We've not been in the same leagues very often since, so it looks worse than it is.

Fair point... still its been a while since we got anything there, then again you could have said that about Ipswitch and both clubs have shared the same league for some time, so you can always hope. :unsure:

Im not going to predict just hope and pray...

Ditto.

Funny how all these Leeds fans think they'll win at Soton

Based on current form it's not as funny as us thinking we'll beat Preston. :blink:

Archived