Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Unreserved Seating

It's not as easy as that though. People want to sit together. If someone can't get a seat next to a mate then they wont go. Withb this idea it allows all people to sit together that want to be together.

Good idea davieG. I can't see the club agreeing but I do think you should give it a go. The worst they can say is no.

sit in the corner then.

The club did go with the idea of N but they soon pulled away from things when they recieved complaints and then stepped up the stewarding.

i know they did. my point was that, Most people didn't think on here it wouldn't be started but the club were fine about it.

It is good but then they shouldn't charge people extra to get a ticket to sit near the front as they may get pushed to the back as people get there early for front row seats.

What? :blink: Since when have they charged more ot sit near the front, and how would you sell tickets only for the front when it's unreserved seating.

Just trying to be devils advocate..but i remember having to get to Filbo at 1.30ish to get the area i wanted to stand in (PEN 2)

Now we can just get to the ground at 2.30-2.45 ish.

surely people can pre arrange to sit with each other,where they want before they buy tickets??? :dunno::banana:

is there any point why not just buy tickets together.

Because groups of mates have different interests, commitments and priorities in life, some will have a ST, some will go to most matches but can't afford to pay up front, some will only be able to go occasionally. It's almost impossible to arrange at the last minute to all sit together if each seat is designated. You have to go to the ticket office find the requisite number of seats together and then all get moved. Frankly, and I've done it a few times it's a pain in the arse. It also must cost reprinting tickets not to mention the time taken which could be better used answering the bloody phone.

It is good but then they shouldn't charge people extra to get a ticket to sit near the front as they may get pushed to the back as people get there early for front row seats.

Do they charge more for sitting at the front?

If it was a designated area all tickets would be the same price so I'm not sure what you're on about.

sit in the corner then.

Are you being stupid on purpose, if they are designated seats you can't in theory just up and move. What happens if heaven forbid we should get a full house.

Just trying to be devils advocate..but i remember having to get to Filbo at 1.30ish to get the area i wanted to stand in (PEN 2)

Now we can just get to the ground at 2.30-2.45 ish.

surely people can pre arrange to sit with each other,where they want before they buy tickets??? :dunno::banana:

But that's the whole point people do get there earlier to get a good seat and that helps to build the atmosphere, that's when songs are created, it also takes the load off the kiosks as well as discouraging every one from turning up at the last minute thus generating large queues of people trying to get in.

The club are always pleading for the fans to get there earlier now's there chance.

But that's the whole point people do get there earlier to get a good seat and that helps to build the atmosphere, that's when songs are created, it also takes the load off the kiosks as well as discouraging every one from turning up at the last minute thus generating large queues of people trying to get in.

The club are always pleading for the fans to get there earlier now's there chance.

i hated getting there early...my legs used to ache by the time i got home!!! :cry::banana:

great idea ; is there any way to contact the club with a petition or something; i've never understood why everyone has to sit in a designated seat ; people like to congregate in circles that they are comfortable with

The club had a questionnaire last season, and unreserved seating was one of the issues on it. The majority of respondents did not want to go back to unreserved seating. There are two things to note about this. Firstly, as far as the club is concerned this is a representive sample, and secondly, the number of questionnaires returned was "disappointing". I would guess that if you felt that importantly, then you would have responded, is the official line. :dunno:

Since, it has still been raised at FCC meetings, but for a number of reasons has been discounted. Same as switching the Kop with the Family stand etc, all ideas that would help with the atmosphere. The main problem is the club should, and could, have done all of this when we moved, but they didn't.

One other point to note is that the club are not allowed to sell all of the tickets in the area designated as unreserved (eg. a section that holds 5,000 will probably only have 4,500 tickets available (Rider: this is an example, not real numbers)). If City were to draw one of the big clubs at home in the Cup, then this would be a lost source of revenue. Muggins here did say that for the one of game allocated seats could be sold, but the issue was dismissed.

The club had a questionnaire last season, and unreserved seating was one of the issues on it. The majority of respondents did not want to go back to unreserved seating. There are two things to note about this. Firstly, as far as the club is concerned this is a representive sample, and secondly, the number of questionnaires returned was "disappointing". I would guess that if you felt that importantly, then you would have responded, is the official line. :dunno:

Since, it has still been raised at FCC meetings, but for a number of reasons has been discounted. Same as switching the Kop with the Family stand etc, all ideas that would help with the atmosphere. The main problem is the club should, and could, have done all of this when we moved, but they didn't.

One other point to note is that the club are not allowed to sell all of the tickets in the area designated as unreserved (eg. a section that holds 5,000 will probably only have 4,500 tickets available (Rider: this is an example, not real numbers)). If City were to draw one of the big clubs at home in the Cup, then this would be a lost source of revenue. Muggins here did say that for the one of game allocated seats could be sold, but the issue was dismissed.

I accept all that and I know you've tried your best but it demonstrates quite clearly what you and I have said that it's more to do with them not wanting it. The excuses are simple unacceptable

As for the questionnaire, I didn't fill one in because, if I remember rightly they were only available at the ground and I never came across one. I also recall they had to be posted or returned by hand as there were no pens available at the point of issue. It's funny how I get bombarded , almost daily with the utterly useless newsletter and yet they did not think/chose not to issue emails for the questionnaire

Also the poll demonstrate how you can manipulate questions/results to get the answer you need. Of course the majority don't want unreserved seating, I bet the the majority don't want betting booths or beer on sale or food even and dare I say it programmes but we have all of those, do they think we are that stupid?

The point surely is, and I realise I'm preaching to the converted, is there sufficient numbers to create an unreserved seating area? I believe there is.

The rest is all bollocks.

I accept all that and I know you've tried your best but it demonstrates quite clearly what you and I have said that it's more to do with them not wanting it. The excuses are simple unacceptable

As for the questionnaire, I didn't fill one in because, if I remember rightly they were only available at the ground and I never came across one. I also recall they had to be posted or returned by hand as there were no pens available at the point of issue. It's funny how I get bombarded , almost daily with the utterly useless newsletter and yet they did not think/chose not to issue emails for the questionnaire

Also the poll demonstrate how you can manipulate questions/results to get the answer you need. Of course the majority don't want unreserved seating, I bet the the majority don't want betting booths or beer on sale or food even and dare I say it programmes but we have all of those, do they think we are that stupid?

The point surely is, and I realise I'm preaching to the converted, is there sufficient numbers to create an unreserved seating area? I believe there is.

The rest is all bollocks.

I'm not disagreeing with you.

Maybe the new chairman will see things differently.

Unreserved is great @ away games. thing is though people who have ST pick where they wanna sit so they obviously wanna sit there, surely N is a good idea for unreserved and if those who have ST want to move over to N for certain games etc then they should, i dont think the whole ground should be unreserved though

I'm not disagreeing with you.

Maybe the new chairman will see things differently.

Let's hope so, although I wont hold my breath, and I'm at least one fan who appreciates what you've tried to put across to the club previously.

Unreserved is great @ away games. thing is though people who have ST pick where they wanna sit so they obviously wanna sit there, surely N is a good idea for unreserved and if those who have ST want to move over to N for certain games etc then they should, i dont think the whole ground should be unreserved though

Exactly.

If i buy a season ticket i expect my seat to be vacant when i get there. I wouldn't want some massive stinker laying skids on my seat i'd paid money for.

Exactly.

If i buy a season ticket i expect my seat to be vacant when i get there. I wouldn't want some massive stinker laying skids on my seat i'd paid money for.

Yeah but if you've paid for a seat in the unreserved area you won't have a specific seat.

And if you get a seat in a reserved area then noone should be there anyone who wants to move should be in the unreserved.

Archived