Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Unreserved Seating

This must be reintroduced as a matter of urgency if we want to replicate the support witnessed at Preston. It doesn't really matter where it is but it needs to exist.

You can still have STs available for this as well as buy in advance but you also need pay on the gate.

The club needs to identify a largish section of the stadium where there are the fewest current ST holders, designate it unreserved seating and persuade those ST holders who want reserved seating to move, maybe offer them a discount.

Groups of friends together encourages singing this is the sure fire way to get some atmosphere back as it allows those friends to congregate together without the hassle of arranging suitable seats which I have had to do a number of times this season. Fans that can't make it regularly but have friends that go can then make last minute decisions and still sit/stand next to their mates.

Come on LCFC you know it makes sense, stop problem stating, remove the obstacles and get it done.

This must be reintroduced as a matter of urgency if we want to replicate the support witnessed at Preston. It doesn't really matter where it is but it needs to exist.

You can still have STs available for this as well as buy in advance but you also need pay on the gate.

The club needs to identify a largish section of the stadium where there are the fewest current ST holders, designate it unreserved seating and persuade those ST holders who want reserved seating to move, maybe offer them a discount.

Groups of friends together encourages singing this is the sure fire way to get some atmosphere back as it allows those friends to congregate together without the hassle of arranging suitable seats which I have had to do a number of times this season. Fans that can't make it regularly but have friends that go can then make last minute decisions and still sit/stand next to their mates.

Come on LCFC you know it makes sense, stop problem stating, remove the obstacles and get it done.

N block for next season would be perfect.

Or are you thinking bigger davie?

N block for next season would be perfect.

Or are you thinking bigger davie?

Well in an ideal world it would be bigger as in the whole of the Kop or the North Stand, in fact yes it must be bigger. It needs to accomodate 5000 fans for it to be truely effective.

Top idea, but I thought there were policing issues with it. At the moment, they can trace every single person back to their seat with the various cameras in the ground. If there's unreserved seating, this obviously makes it much more difficult to identify people.

I always thought that was the major issue.

Top idea, but I thought there were policing issues with it. At the moment, they can trace every single person back to their seat with the various cameras in the ground. If there's unreserved seating, this obviously makes it much more difficult to identify people.

but surely the trouble makers would be in one place.

its a very good idea the atmosphere would be great and then all the o.a.ps can can sit together in silence . UP WITH UNRESERVED SEATING!!!

But how do you identify everybody in the era of reserved seating? I mean, it's easy to buy a ticket for a seat somewhere, reserve it in your name, but sit somewhere else in that block or the block next to it because you don't have a full attendance inside the stadium. Club can't catch the trouble makers if they're doing this can they? It has been known to happen as well I believe.

Anyway back to the point, this is a brilliant idea. Somebody needs to snap this idea up and just do it. Other clubs will be sure to follow suit when they see it working. Good stuff davie. :P:thumbup:

It's been mooted, but thrown out for a number of reasons. That's not to say it wouldn't be reconsidered, however from some fans points of view, and within the club, I get the feeling that the obstacles are a welcome barrier.

With the WS being as empty as it is, surely once the game has kicked off, there's nothing to stop people in the same area "rearranging" their seats? :dunno:

Sounds good but my only problem with it would be if you had a season ticket in an unreserved area with friends and by some miracle we got a sell out, you may have problems all sitting together if you turned up a bit late.

Well to me that is part of the 'problem stating' & 'excuses' I mention above.

Yet every away match i've been to this year I've bought tickets with specific seat numbers on and had to give my name and address and every single game has turned out to be unreserved, sit where you like seating.

Judging from the police/steward levels at these games they obviously felt that there was potential for trouble as they do with away fans, so how come they didn't insist on people sitting in the seats they'd been allocated so that they could be identified in case of trouble?

They didn't!

They've shown it's not essential for policing potentially troublesome away fans so why is it necessary for home fans, there is simple no logic or argument as the practice clearly shows.

It's all a smokescreen, a kop out by clubs to make their life easier at the expense of the needs and desires of their customers.

It's been mooted, but thrown out for a number of reasons. That's not to say it wouldn't be reconsidered, however from some fans points of view, and within the club, I get the feeling that the obstacles are a welcome barrier.

With the WS being as empty as it is, surely once the game has kicked off, there's nothing to stop people in the same area "rearranging" their seats? :dunno:

You've got right to the crux of the problem as my previous post explains it's all excuses to make their lives easier. Well their lives will be a lot easier if we end up in the 3rd Division or with crowds of less than 15k turn up because the the disillusioned have buggered to do something more satisfying on a Saturday afternoon like painting the kitchen.

It's about time the club and football in general cut out all the crap and gave the fans what they want instead pretending in their patronising way to be doing us a favour. Let them remember they are only their by our gift of attendance.

Sounds good but my only problem with it would be if you had a season ticket in an unreserved area with friends and by some miracle we got a sell out, you may have problems all sitting together if you turned up a bit late.

I think technology has existed for many years to determine how many fans are entering a particular area, again it would be just a lame excuse.

great idea ; is there any way to contact the club with a petition or something; i've never understood why everyone has to sit in a designated seat ; people like to congregate in circles that they are comfortable with

Great idea, needs to be told to the club. Everybody thought n block wouldn't be started but it was, if they are so bothered about n block and l block surely this will take some people away from those blocks.

Great idea, needs to be told to the club. Everybody thought n block wouldn't be started but it was, if they are so bothered about n block and l block surely this will take some people away from those blocks.

The club did go with the idea of N but they soon pulled away from things when they recieved complaints and then stepped up the stewarding.

is there any point why not just buy tickets together.

It's not as easy as that though. People want to sit together. If someone can't get a seat next to a mate then they wont go. Withb this idea it allows all people to sit together that want to be together.

Good idea davieG. I can't see the club agreeing but I do think you should give it a go. The worst they can say is no.

Archived