Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Leeds down, Southend down, Luton down!

Out of interest who thought these would be the clubs to go down this season? :dunno:

I had a sense that a "big" club might go down, but never expected it to be Leeds before the start of the season, at the same time i didnt see Sunderland or Derby gunning for automatic spots either... to be honest i though Luton, Barnsley and teams like Hull, Ipswich, Wednesday, Colchester would be most at risk of the drop before the start of the season.

There'd be a few Leeds players I'd take to be honest, Healy does have the potential to be shit hot, Eddie Lewis and Alan Thompson are also good players at this level. Southend and Luton are a different matter, obviously Eastwood is a good player but he's out of reach, and I'm a bit suprised no ones mentioned Jamal Campbell-Ryce as I thought you all loved him. Luton wise I may be tempted to take a gambel on Sam Parkin if the price was right, target man, he was absloutley superb at for Swindon and hasn't really been given a fair chance at the Championship imo.

Just to clear this Leeds goal differnce up, it's currently only a 9 goal swing, Hull have only scored one more goal than leeds, and seeing as Leeds are going to have to hope to score at least four goals to have a chance, we'll say they only need to equal that goal difference.

Basically if Leeds beat Derby 4-0 and Hull go down against Plymouth say 5-0, then Leeds will stay up, hardly likely I know but Leeds can stay up without the 8-0 scoreline some of you have been suggesting.

gotta be david healey for me, although he doesnt produce what he does for n.ireland at club level, he would be a good signing for us. i think him and a couple of quality players in the summer would be great for us to push on next season...

I am wandering what players will be shown the door aswell??

he has been played out of position at leeds probably why he hasn't scored as many goals for them as he has for northen ireland

There'd be a few Leeds players I'd take to be honest, Healy does have the potential to be shit hot, Eddie Lewis and Alan Thompson are also good players at this level. Southend and Luton are a different matter, obviously Eastwood is a good player but he's out of reach, and I'm a bit suprised no ones mentioned Jamal Campbell-Ryce as I thought you all loved him. Luton wise I may be tempted to take a gambel on Sam Parkin if the price was right, target man, he was absloutley superb at for Swindon and hasn't really been given a fair chance at the Championship imo.

Just to clear this Leeds goal differnce up, it's currently only a 9 goal swing, Hull have only scored one more goal than leeds, and seeing as Leeds are going to have to hope to score at least four goals to have a chance, we'll say they only need to equal that goal difference.

Basically if Leeds beat Derby 4-0 and Hull go down against Plymouth say 5-0, then Leeds will stay up, hardly likely I know but Leeds can stay up without the 8-0 scoreline some of you have been suggesting.

manwell you are soo cruel raising the hopes of leeds scum, for them to be dashed......love it!!!

They'll be after "silly" money for Eastwood, and they'll probably get it... but not from us, perhaps Villa (weren't they after him? :dunno: ).

Leeds are going to need to generate cash and one of the few players they'll get anything for will be Healey, but he'd be a big risk... his attitude and unreliability at club level would utterly rule him out for me, and if that doesn't deter us his price tag probably will, if Sanchez is at Fulham he'll grab him and clubs like Sheff Utd might be interested.

Frankly I don't see anything much in the relegated clubs... Eastwood would be the only player that would interest me and he's simply not a feasible target, the likes of Varney and Jarvis have so much more to recommend them and are probably far more likely targets.

I suppose Freddy Eastwood. I really do want Billy Sharp. :unsure::thumbup:

Eastwood has a combination of class and presence that would really help us up front, but as I say I dont see him being available for anything other than "silly" money, the same is probably the case with Sharp, Scunny will need him next season and it'll be a case of "silly" money that'll prize him away.

Varney is a league one player it'd be worth having a look at... though I would worry that he's a little too "Fryatt" like and wouldn't bring much that we don't already have, Hartson will be going on a free from WestBrom, and McKay is meant to be developing well... ultimately I think we're going to need 2 strikers in the summer (especially when you consider we could well be offloading 3!).

Don't think that we should be looking to take lesser players on! lol

Seriously though, Leeds and Luton do have some decent players that might strengthen our squad if we are getting rid of quite a few of them in pre-season.

Archived