Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cal

Players to keep?

What players do you reckon we should keep for next seasons title challenge :whistle:. I think we should basically keep a small number of our current players and build the team around them and get rid of everyone else :)

Heres mine;

Hume

Kisnorbo

McAuley

Johansson

Unsure;

Wesolowski

Fryatt

Cadamarteri

Newton

Porter

Stearman

I think big changes are needed this summer :worship:

Id like us to keep.

Logan

Stearman

Kisnorbo

McAuley

Johannson

Weso

Newton(maybe)

Humey

Fryatt

Cadamarteri

Porter

Kisnorbo to be full time skipper,and Weso to be main man in midfield, lets sign a really good playmaker to play with him, in a Muzzy type role! (Cant think of one who might be available tho!)

What players do you reckon we should keep for next seasons title challenge :whistle:. I think we should basically keep a small number of our current players and build the team around them and get rid of everyone else :)

Heres mine;

Hume

Kisnorbo

McAuley

Johansson

Unsure;

Wesolowski

Fryatt

Cadamarteri

Newton

Porter

Stearman

I think big changes are needed this summer :worship:

I don't think major makes sense. We need to clear out for sure. But that means getting the usual crap out (Hammond, Horsefield, McCarthy, Jarrett) and making 3-4 quality signings, the rest being covered by loans. Because going by yesterday's team we have a reasonably good nucleus without any strength in depth.

Cant belive some people are "unsure" about keepin Weso, the kid's immense!

Still hasnt this been done on the "P45" thread.... anyway, I'd keep...

Hume

Fryatt*

Cadamarti**

Hughes**

Weso

Porter*

McAuley

Kisnorbo

Stearman

Nissa

Logan*

*Look to loan out, for at least a portion of the season.

**Still unsure but on balance keep.

Cant belive some people are "unsure" about keepin Weso, the kid's immense!

Still hasnt this been done on the "P45" thread.... anyway, I'd keep...

Hume

Fryatt*

Cadamarti**

Hughes**

Weso

Porter*

McAuley

Kisnorbo

Stearman

Nissa

Logan*

*Look to loan out, for at leas a portion of the season.

**Still unsure but on balance keep.

How can you even think about loaning Fryatt out! it's madness we would only have 1 decent striker, Hume!

How can you even think about loaning Fryatt out! it's madness we would only have 1 decent striker, Hume!

I'll second Dan here, we "Buy" a decent striker... I know its been a while but we can do this now, added to which both Todorov and Hartson will be going on frees in the summer anyway and going out on loan would do far more good for Fryatt than kicking his heels behind the likes of Hume and whoever else we bring in, in the summer.

PS: Getting Ellington would be amazing, but i'll believe it when i see it!

I think we only need four or five new players but they've got to be right. I don't want a single pound of this money wasted, it's a great opportunity.

I'd put it at more like 8 or 9, when you consider how weak we are in the middle and how toothless we are up front... weather we get those players in this summer all in one go is an open question (seems unlikley, then again we've seen similar movements of players at clubs in short spaces of time -Derby, Southampton, us when we were last relegated), on the plus side we have some strong academy players and there will be some decent "frees" going in the summer as well so that can only provide us with more options and broaden our scope for improvment.

I'd put it at more like 8 or 9, when you consider how weak we are in the middle and how toothless we are up front... weather we get those players in this summer all in one go is an open question (seems unlikley, then again we've seen similar movements of players at clubs in short spaces of time -Derby, Southampton, us when we were last relegated), on the plus side we have some strong academy players and there will be some decent "frees" going in the summer as well so that can only provide us with more options and broaden our scope for improvment.

What's the point of getting in 8 or 9? The current first XI contains quite a few players I'd be more than happy with in the team next season and the rest can fight for places. You don't need to be brilliant all over the pitch to aim for the top six but you do need key players in key positions. As you say we are toothless in midfield and up front. I'm also inclined to say we need two new full-backs to be honest. Two new full-backs, two central midfielders and a striker = sorted.

Getting 8 or 9 players in that will be good enough next season will be a huge ask. Bringing in that amount of players can also be very risky with team bonding etc. I'm sure we will have to spend a fair bit on a goalscorer and a productive midfielder that this will not leave us with the oppurtunity to bring in that amount of players.

As for the players to keep :

Logan/Henderson - One of the two. If an offer comes in for Henderson after the interest from other clubs I think he could be replaced.

Stearman - Not his best season but the past couple of games he has being ok for us.

McAuley and Kisnorbo - Obviously.

Mattock - Great prospect

Weso - Being consitant this season. Good back up if we can get a decent midfield together

Hume - Possibly our player of the season. Still could do a job.

Cadmarteri/Fryatt - Unsure about these two. It all depends on who we can bring on. One of them should definately stay.

What good strikers are realistically going to come to leicester?

Oh well why don't we just give in now? I mean let's just forget the fact that this is going to be a new regime with plenty of financial backing and a new manager, with every opportunity to push for promotion, noone capable of scoring more than 6 goals in a season is going to come to us.

What good strikers are realistically going to come to leicester?

You tell me ? A club with a great fanbase, ambitous Chairman, good stadium and probably a new manager. There are plenty of players out there that would not mind playing for Leicester City now.

Players to keep:

Kisnorbo

Kenton

Hume

Fryatt

Henderson

McAuley

Johansson

Newton

Stearman

Weso

Logan

Dodds

Porter

Mattock

Players to axe:

Douglas

Maybury

McCarthy

Hughes

De Vries

Horsfield

Johnson

Hammond

Jarrett

Cadamarteri

Id keep Cadders and Hughes on though, apart from that good summary.

Keep -

Kisnorbo

Kenton

Hume

Fryatt

Henderson

McAuley

Skills

Elvis

Weso

Cadders

Porter

Unsure -

Maybury

McCarthy

Jarrett

Stearz

Newts

Logan

Mattock

OUT, now! -

Douglas

Hughes

Horse

De Vries

Tiatto

Sheehan

With respect, how could you even contemplate getting rid of Stearman, Logan and Mattock? They're all young (in Mattock's case barely an adult), and have been playing for a pretty poor team all season. Stearman has just experienced the 'difficult second season'. Logan can only get better. Mattock seems to have done pretty well in his first three games.

Players to keep:

Kisnorbo

Kenton

Hume

Fryatt

Henderson

McAuley

Johansson

Newton

Stearman

Weso

Logan

Dodds

Porter

Mattock

Players to axe:

Douglas

Maybury

McCarthy

Hughes

De Vries

Horsfield

Johnson

Hammond

Jarrett

Cadamarteri

Good list, although i'd keep cadders, dont think we've seen the best of him yet. He's not been given the chance he deserves

Keepsakes:

Cadamarteri

Hughes

Kisnorbo

Kenton

Fryatt

McAuley

Johansson

Newton

Wesolowski

Logan

Mattock