Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cal

Players to keep?

Keepsakes:

Cadamarteri

Hughes

Kisnorbo

Kenton

Fryatt

McAuley

Johansson

Newton

Wesolowski

Logan

Mattock

Lost treasures:

Douglas

Henderson

Maybury

McCarthy

Stearman

De Vries

Horsfield

Hammond

Jarrett

Hume

Porter

Dave. I love you like a brother. :wub:

But you don't half talk some shite. :whistle::D :D :D

Keep

Kisnorbo

Mcauley

Mattock

Weso

Newton

Hume

Fryatt

Porter

Hendo

Logan (send out on loan again)

Unsure

Stearman

Cadamartari

Johansson

Get rid

Douglas

Hammond

Johnson

Hughes

Horsefield

right i`m having a blank i cant remember anyone else

oh yeh just remembered, how rude of me Mcarthy= Get rid

Keep

Kisnorbo

Mcauley

Mattock

Weso

Newton

Hume

Fryatt

Porter

Hendo

Logan (send out on loan again)

Unsure

Stearman

Cadamartari

Johansson

Get rid

Douglas

Hammond

Johnson

Hughes

Horsefield

right i`m having a blank i cant remember anyone else

I reckon you've missed out two or three absolutely shite players there mate but I couldn't tell you who to be honest.

Players to keep:

Kisnorbo

Kenton

Hume

Fryatt

Henderson

McAuley

Johansson

Newton

Stearman

Weso

Logan

Dodds

Porter

Mattock

Players to axe:

Douglas

Maybury

McCarthy

Hughes

De Vries

Horsfield

Johnson

Hammond

Jarrett

Cadamarteri

I prettey much agree with that but I would keep Cadamarti and oh yeah maybe McCarthy as a backup defender. :thumbup:

Our squad seems to number 32 at present:

So if we retain the following 19 players we would have room for, say 9 signings in a squad of 28 which is plenty.

Logan, Stearman, McAuley, Kisnorbo, Nils, Mattock, Sheehan, Newton, Gradel, King, Wesolowski, Hughes, Porter, Hammond, Hume, Cadamarteri, Dodds, Odhiambo, McKay. That's just 19 players.

We'd definitely need a goalkeeper, right back, left winger, two strikers and central midfielder (six players).

That would leave three more players required depending on how different players shape up in pre-season.

Unlike for much of this season, every position would thereby have a shadow player.

Out would go:

Douglas, Henderson, Maybury, Mccarthy, Kenton, Jarratt (loanee), Tiatto, Horsfield (loanee) and Fryatt, only one of whom is currently getting in the starting side anyway.

Our squad seems to number 32 at present:

So if we retain the following 19 players we would have room for, say 9 signings in a squad of 28 which is plenty.

Logan, Stearman, McAuley, Kisnorbo, Nils, Mattock, Sheehan, Newton, Gradel, King, Wesolowski, Hughes, Porter, Hammond, Hume, Cadamarteri, Dodds, Odhiambo, McKay. That's just 19 players.

We'd definitely need a goalkeeper, right back, left winger, two strikers and central midfielder (six players).

That would leave three more players required depending on how different players shape up in pre-season.

Unlike for much of this season, every position would thereby have a shadow player.

Out would go:

Douglas, Henderson, Maybury, Mccarthy, Kenton, Jarratt (loanee), Tiatto, Horsfield (loanee) and Fryatt, only one of whom is currently getting in the starting side anyway.

Not a chance out of your 19 players 11 of them are kids - not going to happen. MM has said many times he wants to sign some experience his plan is to be back in the premiership in three years. To build a team around the youth is great if you have some time on your hands but we dont.

Most squads have three keepers. Cant believe you want to keep Hammond and get rid of Fryatt. I would also lose Hughes.

What players do you reckon we should keep for next seasons title challenge :whistle:. I think we should basically keep a small number of our current players and build the team around them and get rid of everyone else :)

Heres mine;

Hume

Kisnorbo

McAuley

Johansson

Unsure;

Wesolowski

Fryatt

Cadamarteri

Newton

Porter

Stearman

I think big changes are needed this summer :worship:

title challenge?????

:whistle:

id keep

hume (need to sign a better striker to challenge hume and fryatt and get them to pull their finger out some more)

fryatt

mcauley

kisnorbo

hughes (good with better players around him)

wesolowski

stearman (needs to get that confidence back robbed off him by the management dropping him)

Out would go:

I can't for the life of me understand why you want to get rid of Fryatt so badly. Even if you accept that he's had a bad season (lots of injuries and not on form) so have Stearman and Logan, who you'd keep. Fryatt, although not originally from the Leicester academy, is also young and still developing. Give him a good manager and some time. Really can't understand your dislike of the him as a player.

The side you want to keep to which you'd add two more strikers already contains at least 5 strikers (Hammond, Hume, Cadamarteri, Dodds, Odhiambo) so you want our squad to have SEVEN...bizarre.

You normally talk sense and i'm all for bringing in younsters but this I just don't get.

I can't for the life of me understand why you want to get rid of Fryatt so badly. Even if you accept that he's had a bad season (lots of injuries and not on form) so have Stearman and Logan, who you'd keep. Fryatt, although not originally from the Leicester academy, is also young and still developing. Give him a good manager and some time. Really can't understand your dislike of the him as a player.

The side you want to keep to which you'd add two more strikers already contains at least 5 strikers (Hammond, Hume, Cadamarteri, Dodds, Odhiambo) so you want our squad to have SEVEN...bizarre.

You normally talk sense and i'm all for bringing in younsters but this I just don't get.

I wouldn't out any of my "retained" strikers until I was sure I had a better alternative and two from and I'd want to check on the abilities of Dodds/Odhiambo/McKay at first team level, although the latter two might benefit from another half season at least in the presumably reformed reserves.

And, whether you believe me or not, I still don't "dislike" Fryatt - I have simply waited all season for some evidence of why he is so highly rated and have seen none.

Stearman and Logan have no guarantees of a place - they need to produce top form in pre-season and from day one of the season proper but I know Stearman can play reasonably well and Logan has been steady as a rock really.

But Fryatt? What has he done? He's not a long-range marksman, not especially fast, not devilishly strong, rarely scores or threatens with his head, his involvement of other players is poor, his movement indifferent and not particularly sustained.

Would that it were different considering what we spent on him at the time.

If you can list me some qualities about Fryatt which convincingly point the other way I'll be delighted. Cos, to me he's not been especially brilliant under any of our managers and certainly not under Kelly and Worthington.

Rather then continuing this in three threads take a look at his stats which I posted and we can go from there. That I think shows a proven quality that we've not seen from anyone else in the side, scoring goals at professional level football.

I think a more apt thread would be - how many of the current squad do you think will be holding down a place come this time next year.

With two opportunities to sign fresh talent, and two loan periods to go through, anyone not pulling their weight next season will quickly be sidelined rather than played regardless (like this season).

I can't wait! :D

I think a more apt thread would be - how many of the current squad do you think will be holding down a place come this time next year.

With two opportunities to sign fresh talent, and two loan periods to go through, anyone not pulling their weight next season will quickly be sidelined rather than played regardless (like this season).

I can't wait! :D

im certainly looking forward to next season, hopefully we will have a lot of new talent by this point, and some good quality leaders within the side. players to stay should be :

stearmen

fryatt

hume

mcauley

kisnorbo

weso

mattock

dodds

sheehan

logan

i think danny cad has potential so keep

nils

porter

there are probably more id keep to, but there are the top priorities in my opinion. id like to see a new CM in to support Weso in there, and a new RM probably a decnt LB and a new striker. i think the rest of the team is reasonably soild and with better players around them will make a quality side.

Archived