Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Milan on Moan-In [3-4 on the short list!]

Someone will propose management by an Old Boys committee next: Lennon (chairman), Muzzy (Turkish-type cross-legged on the floor, man), Heskey (have my chair, man) Walsh (don't break the chair, man), Grayson (deckchairman) and so on. :whistle::D

Someone will propose management by an Old Boys committee next: Lennon (chairman), Muzzy (Turkish-type cross-legged on the floor, man), Heskey (have my chair, man) Walsh (don't break the chair, man), Grayson (deckchairman) and so on. :whistle::D

lol but you`d rather have young and unknown than young and succesful, all because the unknown was a good player! When will people get it in there heads that a good player doesnt neccasarily make a good manager. It should bloody well help thats for sure but its not so easy to put into practice.

lol but you`d rather have young and unknown than young and succesful, all because the unknown was a good player! When will people get it in there heads that a good player doesnt neccasarily make a good manager. It should bloody well help thats for sure but its not so easy to put into practice.

Ince hasn't even kept Macclesfield up yet and their not on a good run of form. The arguments for Grayson aren't like those argued for Lennon as they have nothing to do with him being an ex-player, people have suggested him because he is doing a great job in league one.

In my opinion managers should cut their teeth in the lower leagues to learn the job. I don't believe that players should be offered high profile jobs when they have not been involved in a management or coaching setup before. Appointing players as managers has very rarely worked for clubs in the past and I don't think we are in a position to take that risk. We need to get in the Premiership ASAP.

Who'd "rather" have anyone?. The first thing that matters is who's available. There are several people I wouldn't mind, including Ince, but not one of them has a profile that makes him virtually certain to do well.

You're right tat good players don't necessarily make good managers - and more than poor ones do.

But, given alternatives, I'd rather have a good manager who was also a good player and had enjoyed experience of different countries/situations/managers/training methods etc as a good player.

It's a coincidence that an ex-player has had incredible sucess this year, the fact that he used to play for city is an added bonus, because the fans know him well. Just because I feel a solid manager, that happened to play for us in the past, would be the ideal choice does not mean that I want the whole club to be run by old boys. The man has a winning mentality. Does Coleman? No. Does Ince? No. Let's not be fooled into appointing Worthington because of the success of the past few games, Kelly was in a similar situation last year, and he was about as useful as an inflatable dartboard.

Ince hasn't even kept Macclesfield up yet and their not on a good run of form. The arguments for Grayson aren't like those argued for Lennon as they have nothing to do with him being an ex-player, people have suggested him because he is doing a great job in league one.

In my opinion managers should cut their teeth in the lower leagues to learn the job. I don't believe that players should be offered high profile jobs when they have not been involved in a management or coaching setup before. Appointing players as managers has very rarely worked for clubs in the past and I don't think we are in a position to take that risk. We need to get in the Premiership ASAP.

I'll mention that to Roy Keane when I see him! :whistle:

I mention that to Roy Keane when I see him! :whistle:

I agree that Keane has done a great job at Sunderland largely bringing in players who are proven at this level. We are not yet as attractive a side to come to as Sunderland nor we will spend the kind of money that they have.

I'll mention that to Roy Keane when I see him! :whistle:

There is no doubt that Keano has done a great job but lets get a few thinsg clear here! Sunderland got relegated from the premiership and retained most of that squad. Things only looked worse than they were because big Niall Quinn tried to be a manager and fooke dthings up early doors. Keano was then allowed to buy and sell players like he was playing some footy management computer game with players coming and going at all rates. He has also spent quite a few quid on getting players like Anthony Stokes, Carlos Edwards and Stern John and got the thumbs up to pay the wages to attract people in like Johnny Evans and Dwight Yorke. Yes he has done a magnificent job but he has hardly done it from nothing!

Archived