Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Milan on Moan-In [3-4 on the short list!]

I also think that unfortunately.

It's not such a bad thing.

I'm not really that bothered about Coleman. I think some people are over rating him.

Ince would be an interesting prospect.

They way i see it is Wortho has done a pretty decent job in turning things around in the last few games. He's had some time to evaluate the senior and youth squads and probably identified players he wants rid of and players that he would like to bring in. I'm pretty sure Milan will have the final say on any new players coming in unlike the old chairman, I would very much doubt you'll see Milan part with £200,000 for a player like Elvis.

Wortho took Norwich up from this league quite impressively. They didn't do too badly in their brief time in the prem on little money.

The planning for next season has to start now, we need to make sure we can get the playing squad assembled ASAP and ready to go. That’s why I think Milan will be thinking of keeping Wortho in the position he’s kind of made his own anyway. He knows that he will have to succeed or he’ll be out.

i think wortho's done a good job and got us playing some decent football, but it's not dissimilar to what Kelly did this time last year (results wise). In fact Kelly's acheivement was probably greater, which is why i'm unsure on him atm. That said, i'm holding him in a much higher regard than i did 3 weeks ago. I don't really see any realistic targets that aren't risks though, bar wortho who i have a feeling will do an average - good job. not a great one. Also, i don't know, but did he bring Dublin to Norwich? I'd turn him down for that if so!!

p.s. Ola everyone, about time i posted after about 3 years lerking!

I think a lot of people are looking at Ince comparing him with Roy Keane and expecting similar results.

For every Roy Ke...

But still Ince's performance at Macclesfield has been ok, when you consider where they were and what he's had (or rather not had) to work with... but that certianly doesnt qualify him to manage at this level, nor does it even hint he might be anywhere near as competant or sucessful as Keane, thankfully his shortcommings seem to have been demonstrated at another club and not here!

As for the shortlist, I'd suspect that Wortho and Coleman are on it, beyond that it might well be somone who's already in work be that in the championship, the prem or abroad...

I didn't see it so i wouldn't know?

I think a lot of people are looking at Ince comparing him with Roy Keane and expecting similar results.

Anyone comparing Paul Ince - managing a skint club like Macclesfield and 12 points adrift at the bottom of the league, with Roy Keane - managing the richest club in the Championship, must be a pork pie short of a picnic. It would be interesting to see what would have happened with the roles reversed. And that's not to belittle Keane's achievement either.

i think wortho's done a good job and got us playing some decent football, but it's not dissimilar to what Kelly did this time last year (results wise). In fact Kelly's acheivement was probably greater, which is why i'm unsure on him atm. That said, i'm holding him in a much higher regard than i did 3 weeks ago. I don't really see any realistic targets that aren't risks though, bar wortho who i have a feeling will do an average - good job. not a great one. Also, i don't know, but did he bring Dublin to Norwich? I'd turn him down for that if so!!

welcome :thumbup:

i think wortho's done a good job and got us playing some decent football, but it's not dissimilar to what Kelly did this time last year (results wise).

:doh: It's a good job you qualified that with "results wise" at the end... because the anti-Wortho brigade have been known to use the "it's just like when we appointed Kelly" as an excuse... which is simply not true in the general context. :ph34r:

Are we?? Fan base possibly, but as far as trophies concerned - think not!!

You'd have to ask the bloke (caller) on the radio, I'm just reporting what I heard. lol

How many English League Cups have AZ Alkmaar won, eh? EH?!

EHHHHHHHHHHHH?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More than 2 in the last 11 years... obviously. :whistle:

Watching Ince in action on "The Championship" was hardly inspiring, was it?

Not really. The Accrington Stanley chairman gave the impression he thought Ince was a charlie big spuds who thought he was too good for League 2. Although if I remember the quote correctly Macc had 4 points from 14 games when he took over, turning that mentality around in a squad is impressive and points at a good motivator (even if he did lose his first 6!).

That said he strikes me as a c0ck and I don't want him in charge!

I know Worthington has done a good job thus far but I really hope mandaric has the sense to atleast attempt to go for a bigger name manager. The acquisition of Roy Keane for Sunderland was a masterstroke and I believe Leicester should try something similar. For me Worthington's record at Norwich mirrors Micky adams career at Leicester too closely. Get the club promoted and then get sacked presiding over a team full of overpaid pensioners.

I love it when people say "let's get a big name in!" without specifying who. :)

to be fair

Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorffvoralternwarengewissenhaf

tschaferswesenchafewarenwholgepflegeundsorgfaltigkeitbeschut

zenvonangereifenduchihrraubgiriigfeindewelchevorralternzwolf

tausendjahresvorandieerscheinenbanderersteerdeemmeshedrraums

chiffgebrauchlichtalsseinursprungvonkraftgestartseinlangefah

rthinzwischensternartigraumaufdersuchenachdiesternwelshegeha

btbewohnbarplanetenkreisedrehensichundwohinderneurassevanver

standigmenshlichkeittkonntevortpflanzenundsicherfreunanleben

slamdlichfreudeundruhemitnichteinfurchtvorangreifenvonandere

rintlligentgeschopfsvonhinzwischensternartigraum

is hard to spell

Welcome. :P:D :D :D;):thumbup::wave: :wave: :wave:

Welcome!!! :thumbup:

By the way, your name reminds me of STD (sexually transmitted diseases)!!

If it's a chioce between those 3, then it's a tough one, I will give judgement on wortho after the wolves game!! :cool:

We're twice as big as AZ Alkmaar, allegedly. :blink:

Louis Van Gaal again I take it.

FFS :rolleyes: he could have his pick of top European jobs. Which he doesn't, as he has history with AZ Alkmaar and has pledged to see his contract out at least.

Welcome!!! :thumbup:

By the way, your name reminds me of STD (sexually transmitted diseases)!!

If it's a chioce between those 3, then it's a tough one, I will give judgement on wortho after the wolves game!! :cool:

What a straightforward welcome!

How many English League Cups have AZ Alkmaar won, eh? EH?!

EHHHHHHHHHHHH?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fez is actually right to question this.

AZ Aren't actually that succesfull, Van Gaal has made them into the title challanging club they now are, before that they were very average.

In their history they've won three Dutch Cups and one Erdevise title. Hardly puts them streets ahead of us.

Still if Louis Van Gall comes here I will have my legs waxed.

Louis Van Gaal again I take it.

FFS :rolleyes: he could have his pick of top European jobs. Which he doesn't, as he has history with AZ Alkmaar and has pledged to see his contract out at least.

Yeah but we have MM and possibly £15M pounds to spend also we're the best fans in the world, he would be a fool not to at least ring NW (who i hear he is mates with) and see where the land lies. :unsure::whistle:

You keep smoking your pipe, and leave the welcoming to me!!! :thumbup::cool:

Ahh the pipe smoker is the one and only dictator our little island's ever had. His chummies:

200px-Kimjongil-wave.jpggheddafi.jpg

Archived