Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Milan on Moan-In [3-4 on the short list!]

Ahh the pipe smoker is the one and only dictator our little island's ever had. His chummies:

200px-Kimjongil-wave.jpggheddafi.jpg

You have some interesting friends there, pipe smoker!!! :worship:

May I invite myself to a night out with your buddies, I promise politics will not be a topic of conversation!!! :D

I think a lot of people are looking at Ince comparing him with Roy Keane and expecting similar results.

There's going to be a lot of unhappy bunnies if Ince gets the job; the one's that don't want him...then the ones who feel let down after six months.

He has hardly done that well though. I'm sure that neither him nor Coleman are what this club needs. My choice would be Keith Hill of Rochdale very impressed.

Welcome!!! :thumbup:

By the way, your name reminds me of STD (sexually transmitted diseases)!!

If it's a chioce between those 3, then it's a tough one, I will give judgement on wortho after the wolves game!! :cool:

cheers! that's not ideal really but hey ho, i can kinda see where you're coming from :cry:

If Paul Ince is our manager next season I for one would be very unhappy. I still don't really want Worthington due to his record at Norwich but I would rather have him than Ince. We also have to remember that Mandaric has appointed young managers before and had little success. Portsmouths greatest success came under Redknapp and I think he will go for experience this time out as well.

cheers! that's not ideal really but hey ho, i can kinda see where you're coming from :cry:

Don't take it so badly, your a reminder to all or should I say me about the consequences for unprotected sex, and that my friend is a good thing!!!! :thumbup::cool:

:doh: It's a good job you qualified that with "results wise" at the end... because the anti-Wortho brigade have been known to use the "it's just like when we appointed Kelly" as an excuse... which is simply not true in the general context. :ph34r:

You'd have to ask the bloke (caller) on the radio, I'm just reporting what I heard. lol

More than 2 in the last 11 years... obviously. :whistle:

it is true that what's happening with wortho is a parrallel to kelly's start! they both took over underperforming squads and improved them until the end of the season. i'm not saying i don't want wortho (i'm really undecided on the matter), but i reckon it's easier to take over a squad low on confidence/morale, give them a kick up the asses (or a cuddle in kelly's case - with a bottle of beer for stearman and maccyd's for weso) and temporarily improve things. i think the real challenge is getting consistant hard work in a team which i haven't seen for a good 3/4 years now.

I can't believe you merged my thread with his!!!!!

He doesn't even own a Wii!!! :o

;):P

I didn't!

I merged HIS thread with YOURS, a subtle but important difference.

I don't see why, mine A) had a better name and B) was more detailed

Like a good joke it's all in the timing, get that wrong and the joke will fall flat on it's arse. :cool:

Don't take it so badly, your a reminder to all or should I say me about the consequences for unprotected sex, and that my friend is a good thing!!!! :thumbup::cool:

good stuff! it's my pleasure. if only someone could have warned me too... :|

I don't see why, mine A) had a better name and B) was more detailed

You said in your thread the rumour mongering was over (about the candidates for the job)

Did Mandaric name them?

it is true that what's happening with wortho is a parrallel to kelly's start! they both took over underperforming squads and improved them until the end of the season. i'm not saying i don't want wortho (i'm really undecided on the matter), but i reckon it's easier to take over a squad low on confidence/morale, give them a kick up the asses (or a cuddle in kelly's case - with a bottle of beer for stearman and maccyd's for weso) and temporarily improve things. i think the real challenge is getting consistant hard work in a team which i haven't seen for a good 3/4 years now.

:nono:

You're missing a vital component - experience.

Appointing Kelly, while obviously a risk, was made all the riskier by the fact he had no experience.

Appointing Worthington, like any other appointment, is risky... but at least he has experience, something Kelly lacked.

It's a different situation... appointing an inexperienced coach or an experienced manager.

What they have done in the short term is very similar - they've turned things around quickly enough to save us when we were in trouble. That much is obvious. But if we appoint Worthington, it's a very different situation to when we appointed Kelly.

Appointing Kelly, while obviously a risk, was made all the riskier by the fact he had no experience.

Appointing Worthington, like any other appointment, is risky... but at least he has experience, something Kelly lacked.

It's a different situation... appointing an inexperienced coach or an experienced manager.

What they have done in the short term is very similar - they've turned things around quickly enough to save us when we were in trouble. That much is obvious. But if we appoint Worthington, it's a very different situation to when we appointed Kelly.

Very Well Said!

The huge diffrence between Wortho and Kelly is that, while Wortho may have come into a failing club and got some results as Kelly did, he also brings a wealth of experiance and fairly solid (not spectacular...but better than Ince!) record to the job should he get it, there are parralles but Wortho is a very diffrent proposition to Kelly last year.

Not that I'm endorsing Wortho for the job, I'm still unsure... as long as its not Ince!

i'm not denying that, you're right in that respect. but experience doesn't = success either. who was Roy Keane managing before Sunderland again?! and why isn't Wortho still at Norwich?! i'm liking what Wortho is doin here so far, but i was the same this time last year with Kelly and so was everyone else. It's not quite win-win for Worthington but if things went balls up he wouldn't have taken the blame cause the squad was already a farse when he came here. And things couldnt have worsened. i'm just playing devils advocate, but i dont want a repeat of the last 12 ish months.

Not that I'm endorsing Wortho for the job, I'm still unsure... as long as its not Ince!

I will.

If the choice is him, Ince, Coleman and a mystery person then Wortho gets my unreserved support for the job.

I'm sure his cocoa will taste so much sweeter tonight, now. :D

I will.

If the choice is him, Ince, Coleman and a mystery person then Wortho gets my unreserved support for the job.

I'm sure his cocoa will taste so much sweeter tonight, now. :D

What is so good about Ince. Macclesfield players probably responded because of the stigma of having a former top player around. Look at Keith Hill. Turned a team around and even managed to get Dodds to score :whistle: From memory I remember Rochdale beating the top teams with a good scoring average. Rochdale seem close to adminstration so they're prob desperate for some cash injection/compensation.

i'm not denying that, you're right in that respect. but experience doesn't = success either. who was Roy Keane managing before Sunderland again?! and why isn't Wortho still at Norwich?! i'm liking what Wortho is doin here so far, but i was the same this time last year with Kelly and so was everyone else. It's not quite win-win for Worthington but if things went balls up he wouldn't have taken the blame cause the squad was already a farse when he came here. And things couldnt have worsened. i'm just playing devils advocate, but i dont want a repeat of the last 12 ish months.

Keane has had quite a lot of money to spend though and I am not convinced alot of the players he has bought will be good enough in the Premiership. Connolly being an example. Players good enough to get out of the division are what is needed at Leicester. Lots of average managers have managed to get teams up from this division by buying a couple of decent players and Worthington is probably one of them. He is the safe and uninspiring choice however I would rather not take a gamble on a manager with little experience again.

Of course not. I'd be a plank to try to argue that, which is why I didn't to begin with. :thumbup:

But, I'm sure you'll agree that experience is part of the risk equation when it comes to making the appointment. Someone with experience is just less of a risk in general, because at least they've done it before. Someone with no experience to call upon might find themselves bumbling around in the dark in the hope of the answers because they haven't been there before.

As far as Roy Keane goes... you're right, he hadn't managed at all before taking the Sunderland job. That was a big big gamble that has paid off. There's plenty of other such big gambles that didn't come off. Tony Adams - great player, crap manager (at the first attempt). Sometimes a bold risk will pay off, but the chances are slim.

Nobody wants a repeat of 12 months ago, naturally... but I maintain it's a very different kettle of fish, in my opinion - appointing an inexperienced manager after a good run versus appointing an experienced manager with a record in this division (that's noteworthy, a few names being banded around have never managed in this league at all). Just because Wortho has 400-odd games of experience over about 9 years won't make him instantly successful... but he stands a better chance than Kelly did because he's done it before, he's already developed his methods - at least he has some experience to call up on.

I'm pretty sure we can both see that. :thumbup:

Of course not. I'd be a plank to try to argue that, which is why I didn't to begin with. :thumbup:

But, I'm sure you'll agree that experience is part of the risk equation when it comes to making the appointment. Someone with experience is just less of a risk in general, because at least they've done it before. Someone with no experience to call upon might find themselves bumbling around in the dark in the hope of the answers because they haven't been there before.

As far as Roy Keane goes... you're right, he hadn't managed at all before taking the Sunderland job. That was a big big gamble that has paid off. There's plenty of other such big gambles that didn't come off. Tony Adams - great player, crap manager (at the first attempt). Sometimes a bold risk will pay off, but the chances are slim.

Nobody wants a repeat of 12 months ago, naturally... but I maintain it's a very different kettle of fish, in my opinion - appointing an inexperienced manager after a good run versus appointing an experienced manager with a record in this division (that's noteworthy, a few names being banded around have never managed in this league at all). Just because Wortho has 400-odd games of experience over about 9 years won't make him instantly successful... but he stands a better chance than Kelly did because he's done it before, he's already developed his methods - at least he has some experience to call up on.

I'm pretty sure we can both see that. :thumbup:

i agree with you, of course. like i said i'm really trying to create a bit of debate and at the same time, try and figure out where i stand cause i really haven't got a clue on the matter. Worthington's making a good case for himself, but i can't help but feel the right man for long term success is out there - and that it's not him. I could well be wrong and hope i am :unsure:

Im away for two or three days and the sun seems to have hit a few in the head and loony time has set in! Van Gaal wont come here even if we were a premiership club! AZ have developed into a real quality team in Holland and had they not got beaten by Excelsior on the last day of the season would have won the title! Although I cant say I know the bloke Ive read plenty about him and he is a stubborn so and so who thinks he is above everyone else and wouldnt come to a "small" club like ours. The funniest fact about him is that he has ordered all cameramen at AZ`s home games to only film him on a certain side because he hates his profile since breaking his noise or something years ago lol!

I think the mystery man may be someone like Pearce or Roeder. Big Sam must have already got a job lined up and I reckon personally its Newcastle or Man City as they are arguably the two biggest under-achievers of the Premiership. I wouldnt take any of those pair to be fair and would love the missing name to be someone like Keegan but I dont think that will happen. I cant see it being Hoddle either because he doesnt seem to be linked to us at all.

I think realistically that these are the candidates....

Coleman

Worthington

Thats it lol! I think Wortho may well get the job for a season...

What is so good about Ince. Macclesfield players probably responded because of the stigma of having a former top player around. Look at Keith Hill. Turned a team around and even managed to get Dodds to score :whistle: From memory I remember Rochdale beating the top teams with a good scoring average. Rochdale seem close to adminstration so they're prob desperate for some cash injection/compensation.

What's so good about Ince? There's more to Ince's footballing record than Leicester's entire playing staff put together I would think.

As for Dodds, Keith Hill didn't "manage to get Dodds scoring". He's never stopped scoring for any length of time over recent years despite Leicester ruining months of last season for him.

What's so good about Ince? There's more to Ince's footballing record than Leicester's entire playing staff put together I would think.

As for Dodds, Keith Hill didn't "manage to get Dodds scoring". He's never stopped scoring for any length of time over recent years despite Leicester ruining months of last season for him.

Quite right Thracian, he's only managed two goals.

The end is nigh for Louis.

Archived