Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Milan on Moan-In [3-4 on the short list!]

What's so good about Ince? There's more to Ince's footballing record than Leicester's entire playing staff put together I would think.

As for Dodds, Keith Hill didn't "manage to get Dodds scoring". He's never stopped scoring for any length of time over recent years despite Leicester ruining months of last season for him.

One bad result at the weekend and Ince who should be talked about as a manager and not a player anymore BTW, can see Macclesfield down. Infact, had Boston managed to beat already relegated Torquay at home on Saturday they would be approaching the weekend with the result out of their hands!

People seem to make snap judements these days and think that just because one former player does well then they all should. Roy Keane and Paul Ince may have enjoyed great careers at around the same time but they are head and shoulders apart in management terms at this stage. Of course it would be harsh to dismiss Ince as a manager so early as he could easily turn it around but the signs arent as great as some are saying.

Quite right Thracian, he's only managed two goals.

The end is nigh for Louis.

That's still a better goals per minute ratio than people like Fryatt and Horsfield - and not at all bad considering he was totally short of match fitness when he went there - and even better when you consider he played his part in a late charge up the League for Rochdale.

Indeed, Dodds is so "bad" I understand Rochdale have already expressed interest in keeping him, recent performances having been limited, not by disatisfaction, but by a niggling injury, so I've been told.

That's still a better goals per minute ratio than people like Fryatt and Horsfield - and not at all bad considering he was totally short of match fitness when he went there - and even better when you consider he played his part in a late charge up the League for Rochdale.

Indeed, Dodds is so "bad" I understand Rochdale have already expressed interest in keeping him, recent performances having been limited, not by disatisfaction, but by a niggling injury, so I've been told.

They don't need to express an interest they will be able to sign if we don't offer him a new contract. Which we I will be suprised if we do.

Here I was thinking it was the that Glen Murray and Chris Dagnell are scoreing for fun and they were keeping out the team (prehaps we should have a look at them eh?), strange to keep naming a striker in your XVI thats got a "niggling injury" especially when you have nigh on 5 strikers on your books.

They don't need to express an interest they will be able to sign if we don't offer him a new contract. Which we I will be suprised if we do.

Here I was thinking it was the that Glen Murray and Chris Dagnell are scoreing for fun and they were keeping out the team (prehaps we should have a look at them eh?), strange to keep naming a striker in your XVI thats got a "niggling injury" especially when you have nigh on 5 strikers on your books.

I can't see Dodds in my preferred team for the game against Wolves and until recently I'd no idea he'd been nursing an injury. :

And if it were so I'd not select him - as you're well aware.

Logan;

Stearman, McAuley, Kisnorbo, Mattock;

King Wesolowski, Porter;

Newton, Hume, Cadamarteri.

Subs: Nils, Sheehan, Hughes, Gradel, McKay.

I can't see Dodds in my preferred team for the game against Wolves and until recently I'd no idea he'd been nursing an injury. :

Logan;

King Wesolowski, Porter;

i thought mattock was unavailable as he's with england.

Logan;

King Wesolowski, Porter;

I was actually on about Rochdale naming him in their XVI if he's got an injury but never mind.

I wouldn't mind seeing King McKay or Odihambo on Sunday, in fact I wouldn't mind seeing if Al has learnt how to tackle yet at some point either :D

Horsfield - Scored shite loads in his career, maybe over the hill now but we had to have a look

Fryatt - Scored plenty at a lower level, still just 21 and has had excuses for not scoring due to fitness mainly along with poor form.

Elvis - Always has be and always will be shite and has never scored as a striker should. Justifying this man as a striker who is almost 27 and has had every chance is crazy.

I was actually on about Rochdale naming him in their XVI if he's got an injury but never mind.

I wouldn't mind seeing King McKay or Odihambo on Sunday, in fact I wouldn't mind seeing if Al has learnt how to tackle yet at some point either :D

I hope Hullfox doesn't hear you talking like that! :D:whistle:

Why is Sam Allardyce even being mentioned as a very small possibility scoffed at?

If Newcastle and Man City stick with their managers, he's out of a job for a bit. We have a chairman who is both ambitious and persuasive, and our club is potentially a bigger one than Bolton.

It's highly unlikely, but I don't see why it's as ridiculous as its been treated.

Why is Sam Allardyce even being mentioned as a very small possibility scoffed at?

If Newcastle and Man City stick with their managers, he's out of a job for a bit. We have a chairman who is both ambitious and persuasive, and our club is potentially a bigger one than Bolton.

It's highly unlikely, but I don't see why it's as ridiculous as its been treated.

Because I've never herd of anything more ridiculous in my life. The man is not going to go that far backwards, even with Milan Madaric we we have less financial clout than about 8 teams (at the very least) in this division and a piss poor playing squad that can't even make the top 15, and hasn't done in three years

Actually I take the above back, Louis Van Gaal is more ridiculous. :@

as have about as much chance of getting Marccelo Lippi as we do Alladyce, and about as much chance as getting Giovanni Trapattoni as Louis Van Gaal!!

get real people, we are Leicester City Football Club, not Football Club Internazionale Milano, alright?

if he'd been sacked perhaps, but he walked out on bolton presumably because been given a nod and a wink on a bigger job.if those jobs fall through fulham will need a new manager next season. why would he take a chance on failing here and ruining his reputation.

He must stick with Wortho, the guy is our saviour. :whistle:

Seriously though I would take Wortho over the ones mentioned so far. Ince's Macclesfield have been appalling of late and could still drop out of the league, and Coleman has done a pretty good job at Fulham but has never really had the experience of building a team that wins on a regular basis.

Any takers for a certain Micky Adams, I've heard that he is out of work. :thumbup:

Don't make me laugh......

Wortho is hardly a saviour......even had we lost all 4 of his games we still wouldn't be in the bottom 3 !!

Depends why you like him. :whistle::unsure:

I been to watch Blackpool a few times this season and like his style of play, slick attacking passing football (who wouldn't?), i know he's relatively inexpierenced but he's bought well imo from what he's had to spend, he's very professional and has the discipline to make decisive decisions and with that always says the right things in the paper/media when i read it/hear it and backs that up with what his team has been showing. He really has done a great job in what time he's been at Blackpool, and that imo makes him streets ahead of if the press are to be believed the fav, Ince.

And if he can bring Tony Parkes with him all the better as he's a number 2 i have alot of time for, he's vastly expierienced and a person Grayson has learnt an awful lot from.

I been to watch Blackpool a few times this season and like his style of play, slick attacking passing football (who wouldn't?), i know he's relatively inexpierenced but he's bought well imo from what he's had to spend, he's very professional and has the discipline to make decisive decisions and with that always says the right things in the paper/media when i read it/hear it and backs that up with what his team has been showing. He really has done a great job in what time he's been at Blackpool, and that imo makes him streets ahead of if the press are to be believed the fav, Ince.

And if he can bring Tony Parkes with him all the better as he's a number 2 i have alot of time for, he's vastly expierienced and a person Grayson has learnt an awful lot from.

Sounds a bit like the pedigree of a certain Mr O'Neill who was once well known around these parts!!! I get the feeling that with Ince, if he came here and was even mildly successful, if a so called bigger club came in for him, he would have no hesitation in doing a "Mark McGhee" and dropping LCFC like a ton of steaming hot smelly dog do's :angry::angry::angry:

I'm quite beginning to like the Simon Grayson idea too :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

If Paul Ince is our manager next season I for one would be very unhappy. I still don't really want Worthington due to his record at Norwich but I would rather have him than Ince. We also have to remember that Mandaric has appointed young managers before and had little success. Portsmouths greatest success came under Redknapp and I think he will go for experience this time out as well.

I agree with you on Paul Ince I think he is an arrogant tosser and I dont rate what he has done at Maccesfield.

Worthingtons record at Norwich is really good. in his first season Norwich finished 6th in the league, got to the play off finals and were beaten on penalties. The following season he got Norwich promoted by winning the championship by 8 clear points, gaining 94 points and a goal difference of +40. Consider the scrap sunderland, birmingham and derby are having to finish top, how nice to win the league with some to spare. The next season in the premiership they got relegated but if they had won their last game they would have stayed up.

Realistically if you are promoted you are going to be favorite to go down the next season, sure their are exceptions to this but promoted teams do not always have the resource to compete. Norwich were no different, the first half of the season they spent no money, in the transfer window they bought Dean Ashton for £3 Million. How did Norwich think they could compete with the big boys if they spent little or no money?

The following season Norwich finished 9th, but he had had to get rid of 11 players. The only thing I can fault him for is he signed Andy Johnson (though I think he has made up for that now!!).

So I dont think Worthingtons record is that bad at Norwich, he hasnt had huge amounts to spend and for an average size club they have done better than we have. So I personally would not be so quick to knock Worthingtons record at Norwich as it isnt that bad!!

Interesting, that was the top choice for RK as no.2 but the club couldn't afford him then.....

I wouldn't mind seeing King McKay or Odihambo on Sunday, in fact I wouldn't mind seeing if Al has learnt how to tackle yet at some point either

I hope Hullfox doesn't hear you talking like that! :D:whistle:

Now it doesn't matter, we could play you for all I care Thrach.

I'd say give Sheehan 90 minutes too but we've only got one game left.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Simon Grayson must be looked at as a prospect. Ince seems like a jumped up primadonna, whilst Grayson seems very professional, and has taken Blackpool to an impressive league postion this year, considering where they were last season. He also has a good pedigree in the transfer market, and was a trophy winning captain whilst here as a player. Can't we go with someone doing well at the minute rather than opting for managers who were sacked from their last job? :frusty:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Simon Grayson must be looked at as a prospect. Ince seems like a jumped up primadonna, whilst Grayson seems very professional, and has taken Blackpool to an impressive league postion this year, considering where they were last season. He also has a good pedigree in the transfer market, and was a trophy winning captain whilst here as a player. Can't we go with someone doing well at the minute rather than opting for managers who were sacked from their last job? :frusty:

Simon grayson. No.

Grayson has got to be ahead of Ince in the manager stakes surely? Its not even that Grayson is an ex-player, just that in his short time as a manager he has managed to turn Blackpool from a side on the verge of relegation into a guaranteed play-off club. A couple more good performances and we could be playing them next season! I know that Grayson isnt high profile and Ideally I`d like a high profile manager here but that person must come with some pedigree as a manager too, not just based on his playing career.

BTW, lol at the people mentioning Sam Allardyce. We have zero chance in getting him because the bloke has done wonders at Bolton and will end up at one of the big clubs in the country like a Newcastle or Man City. If (and its a big If), those clubs keep the faith with there current bosses, he`ll no doubt get another job when one is made available in the next few months. He wont just come here because he may face a few months out unemployed. There is a strong possibility he could be Englands next manager if McClaren fooks things up in the next game or two.

Archived