Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Shaun Newton - Give him a chance?

Shaun Newton  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Give him a chance?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
    • Back-up

Guest Gist
Personally I think he's done alright.

I think he's worth a shot. :thumbup:

I agree, I think he's good enough.

Just remember those he be playing good but that the same as hammond when every one thougth he was good and we signed him and what a crap player he has turned out to be and was pricey just don't want that to happen again.

Season long loan, with an option to make it permanent would make sense, i think he's pretty handy, if we could also nab Jarvis from Gills and try and start to involve Gradel then i think we could pretty much cover the wings for next season... the centre-mid would still be a massive hole, baring Weso of course.

Just remember those he be playing good but that the same as hammond when every one thougth he was good and we signed him and what a crap player he has turned out to be and was pricey just don't want that to happen again.

Was Hammond good at the start then? :unsure:

I dont want another right midfielder who doesnt influence games.

Newton hasnt done much wrong but he has been ordinary apart from an inspired second half against Birmingham.

Perhaps it is expecting too much from a Championship club but I think if you're going to play wide men they have to make a difference.

This goes for the left side too, Porter has gone off the boil and up until recently he's been allowed to get away with it.

Guest Gist
Would keep but only on loan again because he has not played that many games.

For us? He's started them all hasn't he? :dunno:

got everyone off their seats when we played birmingham, so why not, he deserves his chance, he is experienced bloke, andcertainly lot better the JLow and MSylla!

He's definately a keeper.

Not a winger? :ermm:

----

Oh and to anyone who says "remember all those players who were good on loan but crap when we bought them..." perhaps a quote from Gene Hunt would be appropriate.

"If I was as worried as you, I'd never fart for fear of shitting myself". :whistle:

As with all players it depends on the options. And how good Gradel proves to be in pre-season.

Because a winger who scores as many goals as that guy is a rarity indeed.

Newton has been an improvement on what we had before.

But that's like saying Marmite sandwiches had been an improvement on shit for a teatime snack.

Before getting excited about another player who's still only played a few games for us and has hardly proved anything we should be objective about what we'd be getting.

And it won't be an avalanche of goals, it won't be anyone we could sell on and it won't be someone who's likely to keep improving.

Whether he's good enough depends on if there's anyone better.

What we saw in the second 45 of the Birmingham game is proof posative of what he`s capable of, worth another season to see if we can get that sort of performance out of him on a regular basis.

What we saw in the second 45 of the Birmingham game is proof posative of what he`s capable of, worth another season to see if we can get that sort of performance out of him on a regular basis.

you could say that about few other players.

Archived