Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
THEfox

Nigel Worthington

Stay or Go?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Worthington should stay on as manager?

• Yes
    • No

Nope. Thanks for keeping us up but not what we need in the long run.

Have a look at the final league table. We won 6 points under worthy, but stayed up by 11. Even without Leeds losing 10 we'd have still scraped through.

6 points from 5 games (3 of those we were second best at Barnsley) Not good enough :cool:

What do you reckon?

I think he hasn't done enough. 3 home defeats is not acceptable. He may have kept us up but we just couldn't cope with Wolves today.

Milan, show him the door!

Just a reminder to everyone, Wortho hasn't kept us up. He could have lost ALL five games he was in charge and even if Leeds didn't take the 10 pts dock.......we would still not have gone down. So Wortho did NOT keep us up. Granted he has dropped some players that needed dropping ages ago.

No Thanks Wortho. Goodbye. I'm sure a first division club needs a manager in the summer.

If it came down to a choice between Wortho n Ince, id take Wortho anyday.

But im sure theres better managers out there, like ROBSON, NEWELL or COLEMAN or even STUART PEARCE, when he gets sacked.

My preference is for GLENN ROEDER. Not flamboyant by any means, but experienced, PROVEN and available. Been unlucky at Newcastle!

I don't think a number of people on here are being fair to Worthington.

For a start, we looked like a club heading towards relegation with no wins in 8. Granted, we lost the first two games, but already you could see the difference in the team in terms of organisation, discipline and a willingness to play the ball on the ground. We then beat Preston and Barnsley away, two fixtures that a lot us thought would be difficult to get anything out of.

Admittedly, we would have stayed up on the points total Kelly had accumulated, but we didn't know that at the time. If we had kept losing, Southend and Leeds could have taken encouragement from that and pushed on. It's all hypothetical.

It's harsh to judge him on these 5 games. He's obviously hasn't had a chance to bring anyone else in and had to rely on the crap that got us in to this position in the first place. It would have been hard for any manager to come in and make a significant impact.

I'm not saying Worthington is the right man for the job, but I can't think of many better alternatives with a better track record.

Ince and Coleman are the two names that keep being mentioned, but I fail to see how they're any better.

Ince has done a good job in keeping Macclesfield up, but I wouldn't gamble on someone with less than a season's managerial experience.

Coleman is someone who's done an average job on average resources. They've been going backwards for a couple of years now and his away record is nothing short of woeful.

If it came down to a choice between Wortho n Ince, id take Wortho anyday.

But im sure theres better managers out there, like ROBSON, NEWELL or COLEMAN or even STUART PEARCE, when he gets sacked.

My preference is for GLENN ROEDER. Not flamboyant by any means, but experienced, PROVEN and available. Been unlucky at Newcastle!

[/quote]

Just had to check my calender to see if it was 1st April.

Roeder!

So it is true... some fans will jump for the first available name they come across!

This is the same bloke who relegated West Ham a few years ago, is it not? :blink:

Micky Adams isn't flamboyant or full of flair, but he's also experienced, he was just unlucky at Coventry. Shall we approach him, too? :ermm:

I did think originally wortho might just be the person for the job....on reflection and given the performances overall .....WE need someone else !!

He has done some superb things but the worst thing that can happen to our footy club is for a new manager to come in and most of the fans dont want him. This poll clearly says that most of us arent satisfied with him which may be harsh as he hasnt had the time to bring in his own players or to have real time to get things right on the training pitch.

Roeder!

So it is true... some fans will jump for the first available name they come across!

This is the same bloke who relegated West Ham a few years ago, is it not? :blink:

Micky Adams isn't flamboyant or full of flair, but he's also experienced, he was just unlucky at Coventry. Shall we approach him, too? :ermm:

Who are you to try and ridicule me? Coming from a village of inbreds!

I said Roeder had been unlucky at Newcastle because of all the injuries he's had to put up with. Players like Owen, Ameobie, Duff, Dyer and Martins for most if not all the season.

There's a different level of pressure n expectencey at Newcastle than compared to Leicester or Cov.

I just think he'd be a safer bet than Ince or Worthy because of his past experience, and the fact that hes still young for a manager.

Dear oh dear...four posts and you're already lobbing insults - not forgetting that your first one was a defence of Andy Johnson and the third proposed Glen Roeder for the managers job.

Can't wait to see post number five.

Oh, hang on, I meant...I don't think I'll bother reading post number five. It's a shame Champ, you could've been a contender. :D

I said Roeder had been unlucky at Newcastle because of all the injuries he's had to put up with. Players like Owen, Ameobie, Duff, Dyer and Martins for most if not all the season.

There's a different level of pressure n expectencey at Newcastle than compared to Leicester or Cov.

I just think he'd be a safer bet than Ince or Worthy because of his past experience, and the fact that hes still young for a manager.

Ridicule? Nay, not so.

I merely expressed puzzlement at the fact that someone had mentioned the name of a manager who relegated a club from the Premiership about five years ago or so, who has also just been forced out of his current job. I'm not the only one with doubts about his credibility as the man to take us forward. I mean, Chris Coleman - another sacked manager - doesn't do it for a number of fans, and he hasn't managed to relegate anyone, yet.

Oddly enough, of all the jobs he has had (four in management, thus far) - Newcastle was his best spell as a manager. Quite extraordinary, then, that even when having the managerial time of his life as far as results go, he still failed to keep his job. Just an observation.

Other marks in the 'against' column include the fact that he very nearly relegated Gillingham from the football league (they escaped relegation by beating relegation rivals in the penultimate game) in 1993. Better yet, he then wound up at Watford for the 93/94 season. In 94/95 he took Watford to within a place of the play-offs, only to be sacked in February 96 with Watford languishing around the bottom of the First Division (i.e. the one we find ourselves in today) - this collapse in form led to their relegation a few months after Roder had gone.

He then relegated West Ham some years later.

Glenn Roeder and relegation danger are a common theme, I'd say.

At 51, having managed on and off since 1992, I wouldn't call him a young manager either.

You're entitled to your opinions, obviously, and if Glenn Roeder is the man you want to see manage Leicester City, then so be it. I'm in no position to ridicule, so I won't. I don't see him as the man for us, and I don't think I could ever be convinced that he is.

Oh, and the comment about a village full of inbreds wasn't very nice... it hurt my feelings. :whistle:

I would still love Jean Tigana here...

Not quite sure how realistic those chances are, I hear his contract at Besiktas is running out at the end of the season :dunno:

First foreign manager, i don't think we're quiet ready for that. We need a proper British bloke who knows the British game inside out!

First foreign manager, i don't think we're quiet ready for that. We need a proper British bloke who knows the British game inside out!

:ermm:

Well Tigana managed Fulham for 3 years I think and did a good job in getting them promoted and stabilising them in the Premiership.

I just get the good feeling he would be a good manager for us :thumbup:

:ermm:

Well Tigana managed Fulham for 3 years I think and did a good job in getting them promoted and stabilising them in the Premiership.

I just get the good feeling he would be a good manager for us :thumbup:

Isn't that the bit Coleman's famed for? :ermm:

My mistake. 01/02 was their first season, he was sacked during 02/03. So he kept them in the Premiership for one season (finishing 13th in 01/02), before being sacked due to a bad run of form (his contract was going to run out anyway at the end of the season).

I have been following this site and it amazes me that so many of you wanted Wortho as our next manager and have now changed your minds......... Made your minds up after 1 ..... or 2 games, sometimes 3 games. Some threads have included "he did his job", so he is worth a shot. He could have lost ALL 5 games and we would have stayed up.

To be fair I wouldn't judge him on 5 games, picking a team from someone else's players etc. This would seem to be the problem, our manager turnaround, based on the FACT that City fans judge a manager after a few games !!!

The new manager whoever it is should be given a real shot at it. There is no doubt that 25,000 City fans will NEVER have the same opinion. After all we are human.....(just) The options range from the bookies shortlist based on managers out of work, to the more adventurous.

However, whoever it is, whether you zagree or disagree, give hima chance a real chance and support him. Don't slate him after 5 games, we did it to MON and nearly lost him.

My opinion is I hope it isn't Wortho, but if it is then I will support him because he will be the manager of the FOXES.

For the record Burley or Davies for me

I have been following this site and it amazes me that so many of you wanted Wortho as our next manager and have now changed your minds......... Made your minds up after 1 ..... or 2 games, sometimes 3 games. Some threads have included "he did his job", so he is worth a shot. He could have lost ALL 5 games and we would have stayed up.

To be fair I wouldn't judge him on 5 games, picking a team from someone else's players etc. This would seem to be the problem, our manager turnaround, based on the FACT that City fans judge a manager after a few games !!!

The new manager whoever it is should be given a real shot at it. There is no doubt that 25,000 City fans will NEVER have the same opinion. After all we are human.....(just) The options range from the bookies shortlist based on managers out of work, to the more adventurous.

However, whoever it is, whether you zagree or disagree, give hima chance a real chance and support him. Don't slate him after 5 games, we did it to MON and nearly lost him.

My opinion is I hope it isn't Wortho, but if it is then I will support him because he will be the manager of the FOXES.

For the record Burley or Davies for me

To me the question goes way deeper than that.

We have to get someone to believe in, someone with a clear vision for change at Leicester.

I am sick of our continually avoiding the idea of developing our team in a positive manner.

The evidence with Adams, Levein, Kelly and even Worthington was plain enough.

None of them seemed willing to address our glaring problems - our lack of creativity in midfield, our lack of a second striker, our faltering 4-4-2, our lack of an attacking left-back, our general lack of movement, inability to deliver varied and accurate free-kicks and so much more.

Some attempts at solutions might have failed but at least they could have been tried.

But with all our managers mentioned it was always tomorrow, next week, we'll sort it on the training ground.

Why support such people?. These problems aren't new. They are two seasons old in the main.

Burley or Davies would sort them pronto, I'm quite sure, and a few more managers too.

So, apart from on matchday, why pay lip service to people who won't just so they can eke out some time?.

Archived