Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
THEfox

Nigel Worthington

Stay or Go?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Worthington should stay on as manager?

• Yes
    • No

bye bye nige! cheers for keeping us up, but you proved today that you are just another Kelly with your lack of enthusiasm and your negative choice in players, We want attacking football on the floor next season not, nagative hoof ball! when will City finally see that hoofing it upfield to tich and titchier will not work! god use ure noggin lads! bye nige. hello to whoever else it is, aslong as he is attacking minded and has a bit of passion and actually has some balls to have a go at the players for playing shit il be happy.

I havent voted as I am not sure lol! It all depends on who is available.

In Worthos favour, he has managed to do quite a few positive things. Ive listed some good things here and some good things there so I wont bother everyone with yet more lists, but bringing Mattock, Logan and Weso in was a great move as was recalling Cada to see what he has to offer before his contract runs out, sending Yeates away and telling AJ to fook off was another great move. He has done quite a few good things and needs to be considered although not pleasing the locals at home was a poor effort. 100% away from home and 0% at home isnt in his favour lol!

Lets see who else is available...

No way. If Milan was willing to sack Kelly over a 3-0 defeat away to Plymouth, there's no way in hades he'll accept a 4-1 defeat at home!

The 3-0 defeat followed on the heels of a string of other unacceptably poor results, though. :thumbup:

Worthington did what he was asked, and managed two away wins before the home defeat.

Only time will tell whether the result has changed/made up Mandaric's mind.

Wortho blew it!! He was probably MM's number one chioce before the wolves game. He didn't do enough or show enough invention to change the outcome of the wolves game!!

I would say Ince is going to be the most likely successor!!!

I can't see him being judged on the product of one game. If you look at his performance over the five then you have to say that no home points is a big minus point.

Norwich - piss poor 45 minutes

Birmingham - piss poor 45 minutes

Preston - Goal in the 90th thanks to supporters sucking it in

Barnsley - can't comment, I was in a foam-wrapped play centre :D

Wolves - 15 minutes of play, piss poor for 75

His achievement was to instill a smidgen of discipline into the cavalier drinking club that City had become. This is not really a great thing, it is simply what you would expect as a base standard to begin with.

I want to know why Cadamarteri didn't start. I want to know why he stuck with forwards that were not producing the goods - one still labouring with an injury. It comes down to his preference of (Hume-style) hard work over creative substance. Cads produced an outstanding performance against Birmingham but remained on the bench.

He threw on Mattock in place of an "injured" Porter...but when given the opportunity to put Porter back in he elected to go for the workmanlike Tiatto (playing while holding his flight tickets).

I was never prepared to write him off after one game, and you have to say that achieving promotion is a compelling plus-point on his CV, one that any other names in the frame simply do not have.

What I am relying on is Mandy's love of attractive winning football, and that he will be looking for someone to take us up in style. You have to think that the job is a plum one to go for at this level...a team that can put 30,000 into a stadium while in 17th spot and a Chairman that is committed to investing in playing staff and ambitious for promotion.

As others have said, Wortho did his job ~ although the two big results came on the back of outstandingly vocal away support.

Personally, I am bored of reading quotes about "honesty" and "hard-work" already. In the cold light of a post-match day I can not see justification for Worthington.

I can't see him being judged on the product of one game. If you look at his performance over the five then you have to say that no home points is a big minus point.

Norwich - piss poor 45 minutes

Birmingham - piss poor 45 minutes

Preston - Goal in the 90th thanks to supporters sucking it in

Barnsley - can't comment, I was in a foam-wrapped play centre :D

Wolves - 15 minutes of play, piss poor for 75

His achievement was to instill a smidgen of discipline into the cavalier drinking club that City had become. This is not really a great thing, it is simply what you would expect as a base standard to begin with.

I want to know why Cadamarteri didn't start. I want to know why he stuck with forwards that were not producing the goods - one still labouring with an injury. It comes down to his preference of (Hume-style) hard work over creative substance. Cads produced an outstanding performance against Birmingham but remained on the bench.

He threw on Mattock in place of an "injured" Porter...but when given the opportunity to put Porter back in he elected to go for the workmanlike Tiatto (playing while holding his flight tickets).

I was never prepared to write him off after one game, and you have to say that achieving promotion is a compelling plus-point on his CV, one that any other names in the frame simply do not have.

What I am relying on is Mandy's love of attractive winning football, and that he will be looking for someone to take us up in style. You have to think that the job is a plum one to go for at this level...a team that can put 30,000 into a stadium while in 17th spot and a Chairman that is committed to investing in playing staff and ambitious for promotion.

As others have said, Wortho did his job ~ although the two big results came on the back of outstandingly vocal away support.

Personally, I am bored of reading quotes about "honesty" and "hard-work" already. In the cold light of a post-match day I can not see justification for Worthington.

You've just saved me 15 minutes of typing time - thank you :thumbup:

Nay for me, did ok but I think there are better people out there.

Agreed.

Worthington didn't excel himself with either performances or results. He blew his chance and we should now move on.

Am I the only one who doesn't get all this Coleman loving?

He did a good job at Fulham on limited resources and I'm sure he'd be happy to give our players a much-needed and deserved kick up the arse.

So good he got sacked!!

Being sacked doesn't necessarily mean you're no good. Coleman was kicked out because Al Fayed's ambitions were too high but he didn't give Coleman enough financial backing to match them.

So good he got sacked!!

To be fair most people thought his sacking was very harsh. He did well at Fulham, probably the most unfancied team in the Premiership year after year.

The only doubt I have of him is that he has never managed in the Championship. He could underestimate this league and his knowledge of the lower leagues may be limited. That said, I'd still take him if given the chance and nobody better became linked with us.

Archived