Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
THEfox

Nigel Worthington

Stay or Go?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Worthington should stay on as manager?

• Yes
    • No

What do you reckon?

I think he hasn't done enough. 3 home defeats is not acceptable. He may have kept us up but we just couldn't cope with Wolves today.

Milan, show him the door!

Nope. Thanks for keeping us up but not what we need in the long run.

Agreed.

3 losses out of 5 but 2 crucial away wins. Thanks, but no thanks.

Thanks for keeping us up but sod off now! Id prefer ince and ferdinand but i really want Coleman.

I don't know whether Sir Les and Ince would be a good choice personally, maybe if Ince had been given a bigger job to start with he might have had more luck, but his record is not very inspiring.

Well some people are quick to judge, look who we have played at home. OK we should have got at least a point against Norwich but since then we have faced a team who have defintely been promoted and a team who has a 1 in 4 of joining them. Away from home under Wortho we have been solid enough to take maximum points of play-off chasers and fellow relegation battlers. Worthington has the desire and in a way desperation for the full time job which the club needs. Rob Kelly lost his job not only because he was a poor manager but because it seemed he had lost his desire for the job.

For me he has just about done enough with what he has had at his disposal.

Still unsure as I've been throughout his tenure... but probably not, my only other comment would be that i'd really hope that it isnt Ince we get instead, Coleman might be a good shout but again I'm unsure.

It hardly needs a thread. No points from three home games is humiliating.

And six points from 15 is no better than Kelly managed.

Not that the points tally is entirely a fair yardstick for assessment.

Worthignton perhaps gave himself a chance with our two fairly dogged, but perfectly acceptable away wins.

If not of being manager, perhaps of being considered some time further down the line.

What did he do?

Played the defensive minded and less than match-fit Tiatto, perservered with the totally out of touch Fryatt and retuned to having a defensive left-back cos of McAuley's return.

In other words, our usual self-imposed handicaps.

Well, he was pre-warned and he got it wrong. End of story. End of Worthington.

Wolves, meanwhile, represented everything we should be doing. When the scored they searched for a second and a third...

They always had keen and willing runners making width and driving into and around our penalty box.

They showed they had made more progress in a few months than we've managed in three years.

We lacked for any verve at all. An it was not just the first team. Even the Academy team looked subdued on their walk around the pitch...in fact that's the worst I've ever seen em and it just about mirrored the first team's effort.

Thanks and goodbye Nigel. And in future, look ahead with your team selections, play 100% positive and never, ever, pick players who don't deserve their places.

If you take that advice you'll at least have learned something.

Why's that?

I don't like him as a person, I don't rate him as a manager and as for his relations that I worked for/played football with abroad...I hated them with a passion.

I just don't like him, in short. A really crap reason, but an honest one. :blush:

Leicester could have lost all five games with Worthington in charge and would have still finished above the relegation zone, so it can be argued that he didn't necessarily save the club on his own, but Mandaric still probably did the right thing in not taking any chances with Kelly.

To be fair, the current squad didn't give Worthington much to work with, but did he really get the team to play that much better than they did under Kelly? And with all of the new manager speculation that was inevitably going to happen this offseason, I don't think Worthington's name would have come up as a serious candidate anyway with perhaps better options and bigger names available if not for his little stint as caretaker manager.

No way, he didn't give a crap today and he was just a spectator. Wouldn't surprise me if he hasn't already been told he won't be here next season so he just say back at watched.

It hardly needs a thread. No points from three home games is humiliating.

And six points from 15 is no better than Kelly managed.

Not that the points tally is entirely a fair yardstick for assessment.

Worthignton perhaps gave himself a chance with our two fairly dogged, but perfectly acceptable away wins.

If not of being manager, perhaps of being considered some time further down the line.

What did he do?

Played the defensive minded and less than match-fit Tiatto, perservered with the totally out of touch Fryatt and retuned to having a defensive left-back cos of McAuley's return.

In other words, our usual self-imposed handicaps.

Well, he was pre-warned and he got it wrong. End of story. End of Worthington.

Wolves, meanwhile, represented everything we should be doing. When the scored they searched for a second and a third...

They always had keen and willing runners making width and driving into and around our penalty box.

They showed they had made more progress in a few months than we've managed in three years.

We lacked for any verve at all. An it was not just the first team. Even the Academy team looked subdued on their walk around the pitch...in fact that's the worst I've ever seen em and it just about mirrored the first team's effort.

Thanks and goodbye Nigel. And in future, look ahead with your team selections, play 100% positive and never, ever, pick players who don't deserve their places.

If you take that advice you'll at least have learned something.

That's the last four managers on the trot who have played the same way then, Thracian. Doesn't that tell you that the players are so bad there is no other way to play them? If Ince, Coleman or Spod from the planet phnnn became our next manager they'd end up playing the same way as well!!??!

3-1 down at home, down to 10 men, i know lets leave it til 10 minutes from the end before i change anything, which wasn't really changing anything because the formation stayed the same and the players were practically like for like (tactics-wise) well done nige, now, ta-da.

A root and branch change throughout the club is required. A new boss, new coaching staff and 95% new players. Well done to the Academy lads though. Joe Mattock, Eric O and one or two more are certainties for next season.

Archived