Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mancunianfox

Coleman favourite

Worthington

Ince

Nigel Adkins

Gary Johnson

Geraint Williams

Billy Davies (if Derby fail to go up!)

Holloway ( :) )

Pulis

Brian Laws

Keegan

Any more I think of I'll let you know!!

Interesting list in that apart from possibly Williams and Keegan I would rather have Coleman over any of them.

Interesting list in that apart from possibly Williams and Keegan I would rather have Coleman over any of them.

That is where we'll have to agree to disagree! :thumbup:

All relax on the idea of Coleman coming here I have been told by someone very close to the club that he DEFINATELY won't be our next manager. I must admit on a personal note I would have welcomed him here as I think he would have been the right man for the job.

I can also reveal some more information I have been told and I stress that I am not confirming this is a dead cert only posting what I have been told by a very reliable source.

This includes,

Worthington Definately not being offered/considered

Ince Definately not being offered/considered

Dowie ( yes Dowie ) being considered

Davies being considered and him being interested, If Derby don't go up and he can't get his own backroom staff in ( which includes none other than our very own Rob Kelly as coach )

The new man will not be in place for at least the next 7-10 days and/or the conclusion of the play-offs. When Milan returns from his holiday.

Any further information I get I will post as long as the abuse that normally comes on here isn't too bad, like I said I am only letting people know what I have been told.

Davies being considered and him being interested, If Derby don't go up and he can't get his own backroom staff in ( which includes none other than our very own Rob Kelly as coach )

...and it was going so well :rolleyes:

Still, a lot of what you say seems reasonable, but it'd be a cold day in hell before k*lly ventured back into the Walkers.

Phube mentioned Gary Johnson, someone I hadn't really thought about until now.

He would be a good appointment definately, but I still think I'd have Coleman ahead of him.

He won't leave Bristol City, he's just got them promoted. He didn't like to leave Yeovil until he'd took them as far as he thought he could take them and he turned down some decent jobs whilst there.

Billy Davies (if Derby fail to go up!)

This one baffles me, Phube.

You want Davies if Derby fail to get promoted. He's been in the play-offs for three seasons running - twice at Preston and once at Derby. So far, he's failed in two of those play-offs, and if Derby fail to get promoted that'll be his third consecutive failure in the play-offs.

What's the appeal of someone who gets to the play-offs but never does the business once he gets there?

It's great that he's got to the play-offs, but if you don't do the business when you get there there's not much point, I'd have thought?

You want Davies if Derby fail to get promoted. He's been in the play-offs for three seasons running - twice at Preston and once at Derby. So far, he's failed in two of those play-offs, and if Derby fail to get promoted that'll be his third consecutive failure in the play-offs.

What's the appeal of someone who gets to the play-offs but never does the business once he gets there?

It's great that he's got to the play-offs, but if you don't do the business when you get there there's not much point, I'd have thought?

I'm not saying I want him... but I'd prefer him to Chris Coleman!

To be fair, he's lost 1-0 in the final to a quality West Ham side (at the time)

Lost to Leeds last year, fine.

Now he's unlucky that Birmingham, and Sunderland especially have decided to turn it on at a crucial time.

Best of a bad bunch! I'd pick Coleman out of all rumoured, and tbh I don't know who (realistically) I want or who we could get.

I'm glad Coleman is favourite though! I really don't want Ince!

Edit - I forgot Billy Davies was linked. Coleman or Davies one of those two please. I'll just repeat though...Not Ince!

I'm not saying I want him... but I'd prefer him to Chris Coleman!

Fair enough, makes a little more sense now. :P

To be fair, he's lost 1-0 in the final to a quality West Ham side (at the time)

Lost to Leeds last year, fine.

Now he's unlucky that Birmingham, and Sunderland especially have decided to turn it on at a crucial time.

Yeah, when the mighty Derby stumbled. :thumbup:

Archived