Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mancunianfox

Coleman favourite

Beacuase milan is taking his time it makes me wonder if it is someone who is already in a job.

Taking his time? The season only finished on Sunday. lol

As for Coleman I would be well chuffed. Ambitious, young but with experience in the Premiership. I can't think of any better, realistic alternatives.

Taking his time? The season only finished on Sunday. lol

As for Coleman I would be well chuffed. Ambitious, young but with experience in the Premiership. I can't think of any better, realistic alternatives.

He stated yesterday he was taking his time!!!!!!!!

Why is everyone so down on Coleman?

At Fulham he was forced to sell his best players and was then not given much of the money to rebuild the team. A team which has survived.

Saha/BoaMorte/Queudrue and many others he had to let go... how much of that money was he given to spend? Very little.

It's a bit blinkered to say that makes him a poor manager in my opinion. He really hasn't had the chance to show what he can do, in my opinion. That's not to say he'll be good... but some of you are judging him very harshly.

He's 5 times the manager Rob Kelly ever will be.

At Fulham he was forced to sell his best players and was then not given much of the money to rebuild the team. A team which has survived.

Saha/BoaMorte/Queudrue and many others he had to let go... how much of that money was he given to spend? Very little.

It's a bit blinkered to say that makes him a poor manager in my opinion. He really hasn't had the chance to show what he can do, in my opinion. That's not to say he'll be good... but some of you are judging him very harshly.

Can't disagree with the last line! And wouldn't call him a poor manager. Average more like.

Just cannot find the evidence to suggest he'll build a Championship winning team.

I hope, if he comes, he does but Leicester has been all about dashed hopes these last years.

He stated yesterday he was taking his time!!!!!!!!

Fair enough. Maybe he's suggesting he will be taking his time so the announcement may not come for a couple more weeks...

I agree. People on here run the risk of getting carried away with who we can realistically attract.

Just because Mandaric is in charge doesn't mean we have a bottomless transfer kitty and we are still, to some, a pretty unfashionable club. The main lure is the challenge to get us in the Premiership and I think Coleman would find that type of challenge an attractive one.

Out of everyone who we could expect to take this job Coleman is my number one choice.

The only evidence I can put forward is that on a small budget (for the premiership) he put rebuilt a team in which most of the best players had been sold.

I don't see his time at Fulham as a failure, considering the circumstances.

I'd welcome him here.

The only evidence I can put forward is that on a small budget (for the premiership) he put rebuilt a team in which most of the best players had been sold.

I don't see his time at Fulham as a failure, considering the circumstances.

I'd welcome him here.

Agree totally.

He will come to us with the knowledge of buying players at less sharp end of the transfer market. He has had to manage them on a relative shoe-string budget and has always sold his best players which obviously effects things like continuity and team morale. He has kept on building a side good enough to stay in the premiership that is no mean feat.

Get him in before someone has the idiotic idea that Ince is the one.

I can see no evidence at all for believing he will have the vision to develop our team.

If you look at the sort of players Coleman signed at Fulham, it was often up and coming players that he could get for cheap and develop them in to better players. Something you've said is essential for any new manager here.

You take a risk with any manager, we've taken big risks since MON left and none have paid off so its fair to say we're all a bit cautious about who we're going to get... that said, Coleman has been a decent manager and is a lot less of a risk than somone like Ince IMHO, since K*lly went (about a year too late IMHO!) I've not really had a prefered candidate, but I'd be content with Coleman, my only worry is he's untested in the championship and that does unsettle me a bit, at the same time I'd be interested if MM was waiting on the likes of George Burley or Billy Davies to have been done with the playoffs, in fact the delay makes me think he has a candidate in mind who may already be in work but is prepared to move in the summer (which might suggest a manager from abroad, the premiership or who's current club are in the playoffs).

Who do you want Phube? I imagine you're a Joe Royle fan

Not Joe Royale, but again he's done more at Prem level than Mr. Coleman.

I don't really know who I'd prefer, but Coleman isn't my No. 1... hell he's not even my No. 5!!

Not Joe Royale, but again he's done more at Prem level than Mr. Coleman.

I don't really know who I'd prefer, but Coleman isn't my No. 1... hell he's not even my No. 5!!

I'd be very interested to see 5 managers that you expect we can attract AND consider better than Coleman...

I can't think of them.

I'd be very interested to see 5 managers that you expect we can attract AND consider better than Coleman...

I can't think of them.

Worthington

Ince

Nigel Adkins

Gary Johnson

Geraint Williams

Billy Davies (if Derby fail to go up!)

Holloway ( :) )

Pulis

Brian Laws

Keegan

Any more I think of I'll let you know!!