Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Louis Dodds.

Let me help you and the sceptics out a bit.

Rochdale did want to sign Louis but I can tell you that there was never any chance of that because Louis wants to remain close to his family for perfectly understandable - and happy - personal reasons right now.

There is, however firm interest in him from other clubs and, barring some extraordinary change at Leicester in the very near future, I am fairly sure his decision will be whittled down to one of two clubs.

you are Louis Dodd's dad

Rochdale did want to sign Louis but I can tell you that there was never any chance of that because Louis wants to remain close to his family for perfectly understandable - and happy - personal reasons right now.

There is, however firm interest in him from other clubs and, barring some extraordinary change at Leicester in the very near future, I am fairly sure his decision will be whittled down to one of two clubs.

Oooh so when he does move to another club, which is almost definate, you can say I told you he was! Wow u have special firends in high places to know that, I would never have seen that coming! Freaky..... :worship:

you are Louis Dodd's dad

And exactly how would a wrinkled, bow-legged 15-stone fat-man sire a slim, dark-haired six-footer?.

Even my oldest, although dark and 6 ft 3ins, is still built like a tank transporter.

Seriously there are many folk on here can tell you I have no family connection whatsoever to Louis Dodd or any other player at Leicester.

It would be wholly wrong to reveal which clubs they are and, anyway, it is not impossible that someone else might show an interest.

source?

I know a few are saying that Louis Dodds is Thracs son lol and that couldnt be possible because Dodds seems normal but what I would say is that Thracian has probably mingled with Dodds friends and family and had some sort of contact as he has sat there watching the reserves and academy down the years and has some kind of link to the lad. Its fine to have favourites but when it actually clouds peoples judgement it becomes a problem.

One thing that irritates with you regarding Dodds is you have victimized Fryatt along the way for some reason. Just because they both play in the same position it seems you cant help but have a pop at Fryatt when talking about strikers and Dodds. All of this despite the fact that Fryatt has done well at lower league football and Dodds hasnt and Fryatt at times looks like "the real deal" when he plays in the first team although admiteddly, Matty still has to prove himself on a consistent level. I honestly believe you actually look forward to Fryatt failing so you can justify yourself?? thats how it seems anyway but Im sure you will come on to tell me differently...

I know a few are saying that Louis Dodds is Thracs son lol and that couldnt be possible because Dodds seems normal but what I would say is that Thracian has probably mingled with Dodds friends and family and had some sort of contact as he has sat there watching the reserves and academy down the years and has some kind of link to the lad. Its fine to have favourites but when it actually clouds peoples judgement it becomes a problem.

One thing that irritates with you regarding Dodds is you have victimized Fryatt along the way for some reason. Just because they both play in the same position it seems you cant help but have a pop at Fryatt when talking about strikers and Dodds. All of this despite the fact that Fryatt has done well at lower league football and Dodds hasnt and Fryatt at times looks like "the real deal" when he plays in the first team although admiteddly, Matty still has to prove himself on a consistent level. I honestly believe you actually look forward to Fryatt failing so you can justify yourself?? thats how it seems anyway but Im sure you will come on to tell me differently...

You do make things up and most of the above isn't worth a reply but I can assure you any comment about Fryatt has nothing to do with Dodds.

You also conveniently choose to ignore the three or four times I've said that nothing would please me more than for Fryatt to be successful - or even regain the reasonable form that he showed when he arrived.

Perhaps you'd explain why I might not want any of our strikers to be successful - let alone a young one?

Fryatt is not the only striker at our club. Other people have ambitions, people like Billy McKay and Eric Odhiambo. Do you think they will be any happier than Dodds in being denied a chance by a striker who managed four goals in a season.

I'd have far more sympathy if he'd been lashing shots against the woodwork or focing great saves. But he knows and you know and I know that's not been the case.

Far from me being biased I struggle to remember any player who was given so much slack as Fryatt and, considering the results we've suffered, find it all a little baffling.

However, if the guy ever plays well again, he'll get the same praise from me as anyone else. It is others who decide certain

guys can do no right (like Hammond, Hughes, Maybury) while others do no wrong, not me.

Instead of all your wild guesswork perhaps you should get down to some fringe matches, get to know people and faces, read a few of my Fryatt comments from last season and perhaps arm yourself with some credible information.

Not too long ago I was saying Fryatt should build his fitness and confidence from the bench (Dodds didn't come into it - he was away on loan) but no. People said he should play from the start - after one brief appearance after a lengthy injury - and what good did it do him or the team?.

If players were treated more sensibly at times, maybe they wouldn't keep underperforming. Fryatt wasn't the only example of such nonsense this season.

I think dodds was worth keeping at least until he got a decent chance in the first team. But too be fair if the coaching staff didnt see him amounting to anymore than a league one player then they would have kept him obviously, and i trust there opinions as they are in a much better decision to judge than me. I would like to go to the academy games next season though :thumbup:

Not long now.

This is not fair. You get too live out the next couple of months with peace of mind, but we have to keep living our boring little lives waiting for scraps of any kind of LCFC related news. Shame on you Thracian. Now i'm off to slit my wrists again :cry:

You do make things up and most of the above isn't worth a reply but I can assure you any comment about Fryatt has nothing to do with Dodds.

You also conveniently choose to ignore the three or four times I've said that nothing would please me more than for Fryatt to be successful - or even regain the reasonable form that he showed when he arrived.

Perhaps you'd explain why I might not want any of our strikers to be successful - let alone a young one?

Fryatt is not the only striker at our club. Other people have ambitions, people like Billy McKay and Eric Odhiambo. Do you think they will be any happier than Dodds in being denied a chance by a striker who managed four goals in a season.

I'd have far more sympathy if he'd been lashing shots against the woodwork or focing great saves. But he knows and you know and I know that's not been the case.

Far from me being biased I struggle to remember any player who was given so much slack as Fryatt and, considering the results we've suffered, find it all a little baffling.

However, if the guy ever plays well again, he'll get the same praise from me as anyone else. It is others who decide certain

guys can do no right (like Hammond, Hughes, Maybury) while others do no wrong, not me.

Instead of all your wild guesswork perhaps you should get down to some fringe matches, get to know people and faces, read a few of my Fryatt comments from last season and perhaps arm yourself with some credible information.

Not too long ago I was saying Fryatt should build his fitness and confidence from the bench (Dodds didn't come into it - he was away on loan) but no. People said he should play from the start - after one brief appearance after a lengthy injury - and what good did it do him or the team?.

If players were treated more sensibly at times, maybe they wouldn't keep underperforming. Fryatt wasn't the only example of such nonsense this season.

I have no need to make things up pal, you seem to have a dislike for Fryatt and if someone mentions Dodds or Elvis in a negative tone you keep going back to how bad Fryatt is doing and if memory serves me well I can remember you also critizising the return of Hume earlier in the season.

As for you constantly dropping digs about my involvement or lack of, its totally irrelevant! You dont get any quedos from me just because your social life is so sad that it allows you to turn up at academy and reserve games as well as the first team games! As much as I love my football team to the level that I follow them and watch quite a few games home and away despite my base here in London, I simply havent got the time like yourself to plod on to the fringe games and reserve/academy matches! Now if you think that because you turn up that you are some bastien of information and we should all agree with whatever you say you are very much mistaken! You are no different to the armchair fan who cant afford to get to the games and his/her opinion is just as neccasary as those who slave to every game!

Anyway, this must be boring reading for the poor other members of this site. People can make there own decisions by what they read but my advice to you is to have a read back and see how many people have pops at you fella!! Surely its no a co-incidence??!!!

I have no need to make things up pal, you seem to have a dislike for Fryatt and if someone mentions Dodds or Elvis in a negative tone you keep going back to how bad Fryatt is doing and if memory serves me well I can remember you also critizising the return of Hume earlier in the season.

As for you constantly dropping digs about my involvement or lack of, its totally irrelevant! You dont get any quedos from me just because your social life is so sad that it allows you to turn up at academy and reserve games as well as the first team games! As much as I love my football team to the level that I follow them and watch quite a few games home and away despite my base here in London, I simply havent got the time like yourself to plod on to the fringe games and reserve/academy matches! Now if you think that because you turn up that you are some bastien of information and we should all agree with whatever you say you are very much mistaken! You are no different to the armchair fan who cant afford to get to the games and his/her opinion is just as neccasary as those who slave to every game!

Anyway, this must be boring reading for the poor other members of this site. People can make there own decisions by what they read but my advice to you is to have a read back and see how many people have pops at you fella!! Surely its no a co-incidence??!!!

You mock the points really.

Your selective memory might recall a criticism of Hume but conveniently forgets how I said Levein was daft for leaving him our for months.

And whether people have a pop at me or not it won't make your guesswork criticism of Dodds as "shite" any more relevent.

Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

The bottom line is he should have had a chance here.

Why? Why should he have had a chance here? I am a firm believer in earning your right for a chance! And don't give me any crap about people at the club being scared to use younger, un-tried players because Wesoloski, Porter and Stearman and more recently Mattock, all prove that isn't the case! Maybe the boy just isn't good enough!?! Kind of like Tommy Wright wasn't good enough! I know ppl want our younger players to go through the youth system at Leicester and go on and achieve great things for the 1st team, but don't let that cloud your judgement on who can hack it or who '..should have had a chance here..'

Why? Why should he have had a chance here? I am a firm believer in earning your right for a chance! And don't give me any crap about people at the club being scared to use younger, un-tried players because Wesoloski, Porter and Stearman and more recently Mattock, all prove that isn't the case! Maybe the boy just isn't good enough!?! Kind of like Tommy Wright wasn't good enough! I know ppl want our younger players to go through the youth system at Leicester and go on and achieve great things for the 1st team, but don't let that cloud your judgement on who can hack it or who '..should have had a chance here..'

What more could he do than bang in a load of goals for the Academy and Reserves?

How the f**k do you earn your chance if you are a striker, you score a bunch of goals for the youth team, then the reserve team?

If anyone other than Hume had been any good for us up front this season I'd understand it better.

What? Theres not really a good reason for not playing him, just once at least, especially agnst Macclesfield or something in the cup :rolleyes:

What? Theres not really a good reason for not playing him, just once at least, especially agnst Macclesfield or something in the cup :rolleyes:

So you're telling me all the managers and various backroom staff that have been here over the years while he's been playing, have all got it wrong!? I find that hard to believe but hey if you and Thracian have more of a footballing brain than all the previous managers and staff, then why we looking for a new management team - when we have you two!! :dunno:

So you're telling me all the managers and various backroom staff that have been here over the years while he's been playing, have all got it wrong!? I find that hard to believe but hey if you and Thracian have more of a footballing brain than all the previous managers and staff, then why we looking for a new management team - when we have you two!! :dunno:

Yeah cos Levein and Kelly both did an absolutely cracking job. And the players looked so fit the whole time, the backroom staff must really know their onions.

Wake up. All people are saying is that he deserved a chance based on his goalscoring record at youth and reserve level.

Archived