Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Louis Dodds.

fryatt has more ability and talent in his left foot than dodds does in his entire body. What dodds does in the reserves is irrelevant, o grady was good in the reserves.

O'Grady was nothing like Dodds in the reserves and I've seen so little from Fryatt this season that it's easy to forget that he ever showed any promise.

This is the worst decision since city released Stuart Wilson and Stuart Campbell. Look at those two now, plying their trade in the premiership and on the international stage.

Typical City eh?

lol

Do the math as th Americans say! About 6 have made it into teh first team over the last 2 seasons and 8 academy players have been given contracts this time around. I suggest the finger points to the fact that Dodds is another COG....Shite!

Why do people build up these players JUST because they are from the academy??

Can anybody actually confirm this? No links throughout the thread

It may be peopel putting two and two together but we offered 8 academy players deals and he wasnt one of them. I suppose that means he`ll be off?

lol

Do the math as th Americans say! About 6 have made it into teh first team over the last 2 seasons and 8 academy players have been given contracts this time around. I suggest the finger points to the fact that Dodds is another COG....Shite!

Why do people build up these players JUST because they are from the academy??

For a guy who's never watched Dodds from what I gather I'd love to know what you base the idea that he's "shite" on.

He was at least as prolific, probably more so, than the two main strikers offered those contracts you talk about.

niggling injuries!?

there has been no suggestion anywhere that he has been injured once. If he was injured they would have sent him back. :rolleyes: excuses, excuses.

If you don't believe me no-one's gonna force you.

Most people believed me when I said Weso had broken his leg for the second time 24 hours or so before the official announcement.

Ric-Flair and others believed me when I said "no-one should worry" about Mattock's future at City.

Why would I lie about Dodds?

And no, they wouldn't have sent him back.

We're not talking a pulled muscle or hamstring. Just a niggle that bothers him rather than stops him playing so I gather.

That's my information. I suppose it's possible I was misinformed but I don't think so and can think of no reason why that should be the case.

Dodds had a professional contract.

It expires June 2008, no sign of it being renewed.

So... toodles, Louis. :wave:

That's my understanding anyway.

So he has another year to go? :dunno:

Louis Dodds has not been released.

His situation at Leicester might change when the new manager is appointed but, that remains merely a hope and while Rochdale have expressed their interest he is, if he moves, more likely to stay close to his Leicestershire home, which makes good sense right now.

I don't think he'll go short of oppportunities.

For a guy who's never watched Dodds from what I gather I'd love to know what you base the idea that he's "shite" on.

He was at least as prolific, probably more so, than the two main strikers offered those contracts you talk about.

I`ll tell you what I base it on.

Dodds scores for academy. Leicester first team strikers cant hit a cows backside with a banjo. Leicester decide to look at out of contract players like Asaba and Cadamateri. Dodds still not involved in first team. Leicester take a gamble by offering Cadamateri a deal. Dodds still doesnt play for first team and Hume scores a few. Fryatt and Hammond are still misfiring. Leicester bring in loanees including two that have played as forwards, Yeates and Horsfield. Dodds still doesnt feature in first team. Horsfield scores on debut but then goes on a stink run. Fryatt gets injured, this is Dodds chance. Cada sent out on loan, we have enough strikers, maybe this is Dodds time. Horsfield continues to misfire and Elvis looks like he doesnt know the rules and gets his "caught offside 1000 times this season" award from Birch. Dodds is sent out on loan to Rochdale who may I point out are a division 2 club. At this stage, Dodds is still out of contract in the summer. Leicester first team continue to misfire. Dodds makes bench against Torquay but doesnt get a run out. Comes off the bench with 15 mins to go for his Rochdale debut at Hereford, doesnt score. With Rochdale winning 4-2, he comes off the bench in the 92nd minute and lasts for about 60 secs before the ref blows for full time. Comes on for 14 mins against Darlington, no goals. Leicester first team continue to misfire. Starts at Chester and scores the winner! Subbed on 81 mins. Starts against Stockport and with his side 6-2 up and without a goal, is subbed on 77 mins. Starts against Shrewsbury, subbed after 55 mins with no goals. Starts against Lincoln, no goals and subbed on 82. Leicester first team in dire straights and heading for D1. Cadamateri recalled from loan spell at Doncaster. Starts against Swindon, no goals and subbed on 65. Back to the bench against Bury but doesnt come on. Yeates sent back to Spurs in first team as he is surplus. Back in the team at home to Barnet. Subbed at half-time. Comes off the bench at Mansfield to grab an injury time winner. His second goal. Still on the bench, his side are 5-0 up and he comes on for hat-trick scoring striker Dagnall with 24 mins to go. No goals, score remains 5-0. First team find some form with away wins against Barnsley and Preston with again no strikers scoring here. Back on the bench against Hartlepool, doesnt feature. On the bench against Peterboro in season finale, comes on at 68 mins, no goals. 8 academy players offered deals, Dodds not one of them.

Now, I am be jumping the gun a little but the youth team manager and first team manager have decided he isnt good enough to feature in the first team. Hecant hack it in D2 and gets subbed at half-time and on 55 mins in two games and is totally left out and doesnt feature in others along with his 92nd min sub appearance in one game. He doesnt get offered a deal along with the other 8 academy players for one reason or another (if he was that good and they really like him they would have offered him a deal, even with a serious injury). You are right, I cant think of one reason why he shouldnt get a 7 year deal and a guaranteed first teamer slot along with the number 9 shirt.

Dodds scores for academy. Leicester first team strikers cant hit a cows backside with a banjo. Leicester decide to look at out of contract players like Asaba and Cadamateri. Dodds still not involved in first team. Leicester take a gamble by offering Cadamateri a deal. Dodds still doesnt play for first team and Hume scores a few. Fryatt and Hammond are still misfiring. Leicester bring in loanees including two that have played as forwards, Yeates and Horsfield. Dodds still doesnt feature in first team. Horsfield scores on debut but then goes on a stink run. Fryatt gets injured, this is Dodds chance. Cada sent out on loan, we have enough strikers, maybe this is Dodds time. Horsfield continues to misfire and Elvis looks like he doesnt know the rules and gets his "caught offside 1000 times this season" award from Birch. Dodds is sent out on loan to Rochdale who may I point out are a division 2 club. At this stage, Dodds is still out of contract in the summer. Leicester first team continue to misfire. Dodds makes bench against Torquay but doesnt get a run out. Comes off the bench with 15 mins to go for his Rochdale debut at Hereford, doesnt score. With Rochdale winning 4-2, he comes off the bench in the 92nd minute and lasts for about 60 secs before the ref blows for full time. Comes on for 14 mins against Darlington, no goals. Leicester first team continue to misfire. Starts at Chester and scores the winner! Subbed on 81 mins. Starts against Stockport and with his side 6-2 up and without a goal, is subbed on 77 mins. Starts against Shrewsbury, subbed after 55 mins with no goals. Starts against Lincoln, no goals and subbed on 82. Leicester first team in dire straights and heading for D1. Cadamateri recalled from loan spell at Doncaster. Starts against Swindon, no goals and subbed on 65. Back to the bench against Bury but doesnt come on. Yeates sent back to Spurs in first team as he is surplus. Back in the team at home to Barnet. Subbed at half-time. Comes off the bench at Mansfield to grab an injury time winner. His second goal. Still on the bench, his side are 5-0 up and he comes on for hat-trick scoring striker Dagnall with 24 mins to go. No goals, score remains 5-0. First team find some form with away wins against Barnsley and Preston with again no strikers scoring here. Back on the bench against Hartlepool, doesnt feature. On the bench against Peterboro in season finale, comes on at 68 mins, no goals. 8 academy players offered deals, Dodds not one of them.

Now, I am be jumping the gun a little but the youth team manager and first team manager have decided he isnt good enough to feature in the first team. Hecant hack it in D2 and gets subbed at half-time and on 55 mins in two games and is totally left out and doesnt feature in others along with his 92nd min sub appearance in one game. He doesnt get offered a deal along with the other 8 academy players for one reason or another (if he was that good and they really like him they would have offered him a deal, even with a serious injury). You are right, I cant think of one reason why he shouldnt get a 7 year deal and a guaranteed first teamer slot along with the number 9 shirt.

Very, very hard for a come back here Thracian. The writing is well and truely on the wall.

Nice and selective and not very convincing.

a) Dodds is no longer an Academy player anyway as you seem to suggest.

b) If he can't hack it at Rochdale why have they been so keen to sign him after his loan spell?

c) Dodds last Leicester goals were scored for the Reserves, not the Academy, and he already has a contract.

d) Where did you pick the little gem that says the Reseves/U18 manager thinks he can't hack it. Cos he seemed pretty keen to pick him for his teams.

Anyway, in conclusion, a guy you've never watched and who you think is still an Academy player, is "shite" based on the selective remarks llsted above.

a) Dodds is no longer an Academy player anyway as you seem to suggest.

b) If he can't hack it at Rochdale why have they been so keen to sign him after his loan spell?

c) Dodds last Leicester goals were scored for the Reserves, not the Academy, and he already has a contract.

d) Where did you pick the little gem that says the Reseves/U18 manager thinks he can't hack it. Cos he seemed pretty keen to pick him for his teams.

Anyway, in conclusion, a guy you've never watched and who you think is still an Academy player, is "shite" based on the selective remarks llsted above.

You would have thought that our backroom staff all commincate wouldnt you? They must have discussed COG and Levi and the rest before making sure that our back-up players and academy players were ready for the first team or ready to be sold on. Loads of players have come through the academy like Dodds to feature heavily in the first team. Dodds has done nothing and it seems that we were just seeing out his contract.

I am not someone like you who seems to think he knows it all but basically am making a decision on the facts and from what I can see is being done or not being done. Dodds is surplus and hasnt excelled at Rochdale who are a club in our basement division. Whilst plenty have come through the academy Dodds hasnt mainly due to his lack of ability. You would have thought that a club that has NO money to spend and has only ONE striker scoring goals that a reserve or academy player who shows great talent would be thrust straight into the squad. Dodds hasnt because he at this stage isnt good enough. You can harp on about players because you have rated them from Elvis to Dodds but everyone can see they havent what it takes apart from you and a few others.

It's better to be selective than to simply state things as fact which might not be true.

I've done some research in to this and it would appear to me that Rochdale are hardly busting a gut to sign the lad.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see him get a club and I'm sure he will do.

You would have thought that our backroom staff all commincate wouldnt you? They must have discussed COG and Levi and the rest before making sure that our back-up players and academy players were ready for the first team or ready to be sold on. Loads of players have come through the academy like Dodds to feature heavily in the first team. Dodds has done nothing and it seems that we were just seeing out his contract.

I am not someone like you who seems to think he knows it all but basically am making a decision on the facts and from what I can see is being done or not being done. Dodds is surplus and hasnt excelled at Rochdale who are a club in our basement division. Whilst plenty have come through the academy Dodds hasnt mainly due to his lack of ability. You would have thought that a club that has NO money to spend and has only ONE striker scoring goals that a reserve or academy player who shows great talent would be thrust straight into the squad. Dodds hasnt because he at this stage isnt good enough. You can harp on about players because you have rated them from Elvis to Dodds but everyone can see they havent what it takes apart from you and a few others.

Seeing you haven't even seen the guy play it really is hard to have a meaningful discussion, more especially as you chuck in casual remarks which are not vaguelly based on fact.

It was Kelly who described Dodds as "the best natural finisher in the club", not me. He didn't describe Fryatt or Cadamarteri or Chambers in that way, he was referring to Dodds.

I also have reason to believe Rob Kelly regrets that Dodds didn't get an opportunity at Leicester and still believes he can do well. They hadn't fallen out by the way, Dodds is a quiet sort of guy, but they rarely spoke.

There are reasons some people don't get a chance and they are not always down to ability. They are sometimes down to fear, to the level of wages being paid to someone else, to fitness levels at the time and so on.

To suggest Dodds lack ability is ridiculous and the "few others" you refer to as rating Dodds are undoubtedly people who've watched him.

It's better to be selective than to simply state things as fact which might not be true.

I've done some research in to this and it would appear to me that Rochdale are hardly busting a gut to sign the lad.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see him get a club and I'm sure he will do.

I'd love to know what "research" you've done.

I've discussed Dodds' situation with Rochdale already and can say no more.

It is extremely unlikely he would ever have joined them permanently but that has nothing to do with football.

Seeing you haven't even seen the guy play it really is hard to have a meaningful discussion, more especially as you chuck in casual remarks which are not vaguelly based on fact.

It was Kelly who described Dodds as "the best natural finisher in the club", not me. He didn't describe Fryatt or Cadamarteri or Chambers in that way, he was referring to Dodds.

I also have reason to believe Rob Kelly regrets that Dodds didn't get an opportunity at Leicester and still believes he can do well. I was mistaken in thinking they might have fallen out.

There are reasons some people don't get a chance and they are not always down to ability. They are sometimes down to fear, to the level of wages being paid to someone else, to fitness levels at the time and so on.

To suggest Dodds lack ability is ridiculous and the "few others" you refer to as rating Dodds are undoubtedly people who've watched him.

RK rated him so much that he refused to play him. I dont get this fear crap because COG got plenty of games as have Levi, Logan, Mattock, Weso, Stearman and the rest of the players to come through the academy.

Maybe its just a co-incidence that he hasnt featured in the first team despite us having two different managers? Maybe the co-incidence continues that he hasnt been offered a new deal? Maybe his non stop sub appearances and being hauled off early at Rochdale had no bearing on him as a player either? Maybe he is just an unlucky young man?

Now I may not have seen him in the flesh and my only knowledge of him is based on highlight reels on TV shows and opinions on here but I also base my opinions on what goes on and its very very unlikely that a club that is starved of cash and goals would not include a player because of fear, especially when we have lumped in loads of younger players already.

This discussion is clearly one person basing his opinions on fact and the other doing his normal thing of defending someone at all costs regardless of whatever happens. Unfortunately, you love Dodds and Elvis and have harped on about there abilities in the 4 months Ive been here and Im sure way beyond I stepped foot on this forum and thats why a big group of people in here simply laugh at you and your ramblings when you go on about the undefendable. Justify Elvis, Dodds and sling Rab into teh mix if you wish fella, thats your prerogotive!

Archived