Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Louis Dodds.

Yeah cos Levein and Kelly both did an absolutely cracking job. And the players looked so fit the whole time, the backroom staff must really know their onions.

Wake up. All people are saying is that he deserved a chance based on his goalscoring record at youth and reserve level.

And i'm asking you ppl to wake-up, youth and reserve level is nothing like 1st team, and although players are required to make that step-up, some just can't do it. If he really is a good striker, then he will get his chance eventually, and if not, then he can only have himself to blame, and not others. No managers, not even the Kellys and Leveins of this world would actively not play a player that was obviously going to score goals for them.

And i'm asking you ppl to wake-up, youth and reserve level is nothing like 1st team, and although players are required to make that step-up, some just can't do it. If he really is a good striker, then he will get his chance eventually, and if not, then he can only have himself to blame, and not others. No managers, not even the Kellys and Leveins of this world would actively not play a player that was obviously going to score goals for them.

lol Yet they will actively play Chris O'Grady who is obviously not going to score goals for us? :dunno:lol lol

Players are required to make that step up... yep... which they can't do unless they're given a chance.

If scoring 20 goals a season for three years at youth and reserve level is a sign that a player is obviously not going to score goals for us, what's the f**king point of having an Academy or a reserve team?

lol Yet they will actively play Chris O'Grady who is obviously not going to score goals for us? :dunno:lol lol

Players are required to make that step up... yep... which they can't do unless they're given a chance.

If scoring 20 goals a season for three years at youth and reserve level is a sign that a player is obviously not going to score goals for us, what's the f**king point of having an Academy or a reserve team?

To develop the youth, to keep 1st team squad players fit, too look at potential 1st team players. Obvioulsy scoring goals wasn't enough for this lad then! You can't tell me ppl actively denied him having 1st team opportunities!??

Fez is right.

What more could Dodds have done to stake a place in the team? He's a forward, and forwards and supposed to score goals. Isn't that what Dodds did on a regular basis?

You have to admit surely he should have had a crack at the first team? :rolleyes:

To develop the youth, to keep 1st team squad players fit, too look at potential 1st team players. Obvioulsy scoring goals wasn't enough for this lad then! You can't tell me ppl actively denied him having 1st team opportunities!??

lol Fair enough mate, you obviously live in a world where a striker can score a hatful of goals at youth and reserve level and still have this indefinable anti-quality of not being worthy of even a ten-minute runout at the end of a meaningless game, as opposed to the amazing stuff we've been treated to by Elvis Hammond, Mark de Vries, Josh Low, Momo Sylla, Chris O'Grady, Jason Jarrett, Andy Johnson, Stephen Hughes, Gareth Williams, Joe Hamill, Peter Gilbert, Rab Douglas...

And all because the man trusts Rob Kelly.

I don't see how you can blame people for holding this opinion.

Fez is right.

What more could Dodds have done to stake a place in the team? He's a forward, and forwards and supposed to score goals. Isn't that what Dodds did on a regular basis?

You have to admit surely he should have had a crack at the first team? :rolleyes:

Yeh ok maybe he should have but the managers obviously didn't see something in him, that they saw in Weso, Porter and Mattock, maybe he didn't have the same drive, or ambition or something, who knows! My point is, why would any manager not pick a player, who they honestly believed could make the step-up to 1st team level, it just doesn't make sense to me, and judging by the lack of success at a League 2 club, then maybe they were right!

Nice and selective and not very convincing.

a) Dodds is no longer an Academy player anyway as you seem to suggest.

b) If he can't hack it at Rochdale why have they been so keen to sign him after his loan spell?

c) Dodds last Leicester goals were scored for the Reserves, not the Academy, and he already has a contract.

d) Where did you pick the little gem that says the Reseves/U18 manager thinks he can't hack it. Cos he seemed pretty keen to pick him for his teams.

Anyway, in conclusion, a guy you've never watched and who you think is still an Academy player, is "shite" based on the selective remarks llsted above.

Thracian, the king of hypocrites.

After one match as LCFC manager which you didn't even watch, you basically said Worthington was shit and no up to the job. Why shouldn't another person be allowed the same judgment?

Why? Why should he have had a chance here? I am a firm believer in earning your right for a chance! And don't give me any crap about people at the club being scared to use younger, un-tried players because Wesoloski, Porter and Stearman and more recently Mattock, all prove that isn't the case! Maybe the boy just isn't good enough!?! Kind of like Tommy Wright wasn't good enough! I know ppl want our younger players to go through the youth system at Leicester and go on and achieve great things for the 1st team, but don't let that cloud your judgement on who can hack it or who '..should have had a chance here..'

If you've seen Dodds and think that fair enough.

But to me Dodds earned his right to a chance well enough and I'd sure like to understand the real reasons he didn't ever get one.

Cos having been a journo for 20 years - and three years doing investigations - I sure as hell know when something doesn't add up and when something ain't right.

PS It is mentioned time and again but I've yet to work out what Tommy Wright has got to do with anyone else.

Thracian, the king of hypocrites.

After one match as LCFC manager which you didn't even watch, you basically said Worthington was shit and no up to the job. Why shouldn't another person be allowed the same judgment?

Have you registered as Hullfox's answerphone recording device or is it just your shift?

Have you registered as Hullfox's answerphone recording device or is it just your shift?

You really are losing it old man.

Veterans of FT would know that Anish and I have locked horns on more than one occasion, in fact we argued so much we could have been married.

What we do have in common however despite our differing opinions is the ability to suss you for what you are.

If you've seen Dodds and think that fair enough.

But to me Dodds earned his right to a chance well enough and I'd sure like to understand the real reasons he didn't ever get one.

Cos having been a journo for 20 years - and three years doing investigations - I sure as hell know when something doesn't add up and when something ain't right.

PS It is mentioned time and again but I've yet to work out what Tommy Wright has got to do with anyone else.

I'm going to say this once and once only.

Stick your investigations and your journalism where the sun don't shine and take it from somebody with an inside track on this specific topic - His head won't let his potential come through, he is thinking he is better than his present achievements and until that changes he will be restricted to the equivalent of Rochdale's bench.

Personally I think and hope he could be better than that but I doubt that he will be.

You really are losing it old man.

Veterans of FT would know that Anish and I have locked horns on more than one occasion, in fact we argued so much we could have been married.

What we do have in common however despite our differing opinions is the ability to suss you for what you are.

Old pals act, eh. Nothing new then.

I'm going to say this once and once only.

Stick your investigations and your journalism where the sun don't shine and take it from somebody with an inside track on this specific topic - His head won't let his potential come through, he is thinking he is better than his present achievements and until that changes he will be restricted to the equivalent of Rochdale's bench.

Personally I think and hope he could be better than that but I doubt that he will be.

If you're were to out all footballers who thought too much of themselves there'd a lot of teams find themselves short.

I've never noticed him as being particularly arrogant anyway, if that's what you're suggesting, more a rather quiet, understated sort who lots of people might consider aloof but who might simply be wary of people he doesn't know.

It matters not really. His achievements are as good as most for the stage he's reached and nothing you say negates the fact that he was better than what we had nor explains anything of Kelly's approach to him.

If you have the inside track, you'll know full well that Kelly didn't get on with Dodds.

You make good points on this one mate.

Some people are so one dimensional that they think thats coring a few goals in the academy is a sign of greatness. The fact that he has poorly at D2 level is more of a sign of his all round ability. I cant for the life of me work out why people cant see that he would have been straight in the team if he possessed the all round game to make an impact against Championship defenders. Maybe they have seen that he gets no change from the likes of kisnorbo, McAuley and McCarthy in training? Something is happening for him to be punted out and its obvious that most senior coaching staff dont fancy him as a first teamer at this level. Why some people think we are sitting on a £5m player but for some conspiracy theory alikened to JFK`s shooting they dont want to select him beggars belief and is almost insane.

BTW, you cant play every academy player who does OK at that level in the first team just to see how well he copes, especially when he fails to impress at D2.

For the record (and Ive asked the question before), how many players have left our club in the last 10-20 years without been given a real chance to actually achieve anything within proffesional football?? I acnt think of one and nor could anyone the last time I asked.

If you have the inside track, you'll know full well that Kelly didn't get on with Dodds.

Replace Kelly with any name (other than Thrachian) and even you just might get close to the truth.

I will not post again on this subject.

Archived