Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Louis Dodds.

it's a shame as he's a leicester lad, but if he wasn't good enough then fair is fair.

Thoughts?

If he isn't good enough. Hard to tell at such a young age. I re-call Ian Wright being told he had no future as a footballer. Never really had a chance and difficult now we have no reserves league.

Hmm I'd have been willing to take the gamble and keep him for next season seeing as we will be re-entering the reserves league. He'd be playing against better opposition and it'd be a measure of how far he had come/had left to go.

If he isn't good enough. Hard to tell at such a young age. I re-call Ian Wright being told he had no future as a footballer. Never really had a chance and difficult now we have no reserves league.

pretty sure the reserves are back next season & should be playing at hinckleys marstons stadium which makes me so happy ive got a chubby :| with hinckley being my hometown :D

have you got a link mate ?

I'm unsure myself of where he has got the story from but apparently when another FoxesTalker was conversing with Stearman yesterday he backed up this claim. And Thracian has been tipping it to happen since he went out on loan. Looks as though it's a done deal.

Its a really bad move if you ask me. He wont be on very high wages at all, so why not give him a chance. I dont understand it at all. If he ends up getting nowhere, cut him after next season or so, but why now, he did well on his loan

Its a really bad move if you ask me. He wont be on very high wages at all, so why not give him a chance. I dont understand it at all. If he ends up getting nowhere, cut him after next season or so, but why now, he did well on his loan

and WHO is making the decision? caretaker manager?

He's 20, he'll be 21 in about 6 months and he still hasn't made his first team debut at a club that's been crap for several seasons. Now there must be a reason for that? When you consider some of the shite we've had turn out for us over the years, it's quite alarming that Dodds hasn't ever been given a chance.

Perhaps he just doesn't have what it takes at this level? Hard to say when he's never been given the chance, but then again it's safe to say i'd be wank at Championship level and i've not ever been given the chance either.

Good luck to him. He needs first team football now and we can't guarantee him that. I hope he makes a name for himself in the lower leagues and he doesn't end up back playing for Ratby & Groby.

Also, he really hasn't been THAT good at Rochdale.

Sure, he has time to improve, but he hasn't shown enough here.

If he wasn't getting in last year when none of our strikers were firing on all cylinders, he certainly won't next year when hopefully our squad will have been improved.

Cheerio Louis.

I'm unsure myself of where he has got the story from but apparently when another FoxesTalker was conversing with Stearman yesterday he backed up this claim. And Thracian has been tipping it to happen since he went out on loan. Looks as though it's a done deal.

No deal...

and WHO is making the decision? caretaker manager?

Nobody, it's possible (probable?) that the decision was taken some weeks ago not to renew Dodds' contract.

If I'm not mistaken, the reason for his exit isn't another club have sneaked in and stolen our talented youngster, but that he isn't contracted beyond the next few weeks (his contract officially expires June 1st, one would imagine).

Disgraceful. Chris O Grady, now Louis Dodds. They had more or less equal chance to score goals than anyone else at the club. :@

O Grady was crap IMO sooner have de vries back :whistle:

Disgraceful. Chris O Grady, now Louis Dodds. They had more or less equal chance to score goals than anyone else at the club. :@

Have you been drinking?

O'Grady was dog sh*t. The only good thing about him was his comedy hair style!

If Dodds wasn't deemed good enough to replace the likes of Elvis then he might as well do one as well!

Whats the point of keeping people who are not up to it? He is nearly 21 for fcuks sake, if he is'nt anywhere near the team now he never will be!

See you in the senior league inside 2 years Louis!

I may be naive but I think that ,as pretty much everyone else has said, having not made an appearance for us and doing nothing special in a League 2 side would be a pretty good indicator thats Dodds isn't good enough for the level we are playing at. Its a shame he didn't get a chance but what does that tell you? Yes, it maybe some kind of conspiracy, but I think its a case we can apply Ockhams razor to - he wasn't quite up to it. Best of luck Lois - hopefully he will do well somewhere like Northampton

Quite seriously it's appalling Dodds never got a first team chance.

Especially considering we preferred the less-than-fit Fryatt and the outsider Horsfield both of whom never performed at all.

Dodds' languid style was against him - especially with the provenly blinkered managers we had - and his performance at Rochdale has been hampered by a niggling injury.

If fully fit next season it will be up to him to prove people wrong. I see no reason why he shouldn't and, if I were his manager, I'd have every faith in him and in his ability to improve still further.

In fact having faith in difficult times is one of the key requirements in the development of young players because every one has their setbacks for various reasons. The big key is keeping them high on confidence yet humble enough to work on their weaknesses.

Especially considering we preferred the less-than-fit Fryatt and the outsider Horsfield both of whom never performed at all.

There had to have been something in the background to have affected his progress but it matters not any more.

Dodds' languid style was against him - especially with the provenly blinkered managers we had - and his performance at Rochdale has been hampered by a niggling injury.

If fully fit next season it will be up to him to prove people wrong. I see no reason why he shouldn't and, if I were his manager, I'd have every faith in him and in his ability to improve still further.

Good luck to the lad anyway. I always enjoyed his football and remember some smashing goals.

niggling injuries!?

there has been no suggestion anywhere that he has been injured once. If he was injured they would have sent him back. :rolleyes: excuses, excuses.

There had to have been something in the background to have affected his progress but it matters not any more.

Good luck to the lad anyway. I always enjoyed his football and remember some smashing goals.

If Louis Dodds ever plays at a higher level than Matty Fryatt or Geoff Horsfield does in future years then i'll be amazed. But you are right, it's disgusting that he never got a chance but the likes of Hammond and O'Grady did.

Archived